When was your last vacation?

Fizzzzle

Took off a couple of days this week to take my kids to Great Wolf Lodge (indoor water park place). Week before took the wife to Denver for All Star game festivities which was fun. Have a kinda sorta work/vacation trip to Vegas at the end of August for Cinemacon.

Last real vacation I had was back in 2013. When me and my sister attended the World Horror Convention down in New Orleans for 5 days. Stayed in the French Quarter area, street off Canal/Bourbon St. Saw a little bit of the sets for the 2nd Planet of the Apes movie, gator tour and a paddle boat ride down the Mississippi river. Got a new job while I was on vacation, and started the following day at 5am. No longer work there but that was the last true vacation I had. I’ve had family visits and a my brother’s wedding which was a bit of a drive too, but I don’t consider them vacations. 

I got officially recommended a vacation by a doctor. I went to figure out why I haven't been able to sleep, the doctor basically said your stress levels have hit the point where you are constantly hitting fight or flight levels, so your brain won't let you rest.

It makes sense. I am so tired every day. It's only started since we opened back up again.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

I got officially recommended a vacation by a doctor. I went to figure out why I haven't been able to sleep, the doctor basically said your stress levels have hit the point where you are constantly hitting fight or flight levels, so your brain won't let you rest.

It makes sense. I am so tired every day. It's only started since we opened back up again.

Maybe its time for a career change.

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Maybe its time for a career change.

At the same time, what would I do? Nursing? They've been hit harder in the mental health department than I have and I'm already barely holding it together. I don't have a degree. I do what I do.

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

How are you defining vacation?

I visit my family in Florida every year at Christmas, but I consider that to be more of an "obligation" than a vacation.

My last real vacation was 2009 (Central Europe).

Visiting family does not count. Unless you like them. I have an aunt and cousin in LA that I love visiting, we have a grand old time

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

At the same time, what would I do? Nursing? They've been hit harder in the mental health department than I have and I'm already barely holding it together. I don't have a degree. I do what I do.

Don't sell yourself short. 

On 7/24/2021 at 10:08 PM, sblfilms said:

Took off a couple of days this week to take my kids to Great Wolf Lodge (indoor water park place). Week before took the wife to Denver for All Star game festivities which was fun. Have a kinda sorta work/vacation trip to Vegas at the end of August for Cinemacon.

This is probably the most fun of all the places I've taken the kids.  

Going to Santa Monica for about 5 days, tomorrow.  Going to hit up Universal and the Peterson Auto Museum.