Thor: Love and Thunder first look

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Is Lady Sif back? I feel like it makes sense to finally bring her back. Also, has anyone seen how ridiculously ripped Chris Hemsworth got for this movie? It's unreal.

Screenshot%202021-06-02%20at%2007.54.26.

i don’t know if he was filming before or if he is doing it after Thor, but he was bulking up to play Hulk Hogan in a biopic

28 minutes ago, silentbob said:

i don’t know if he was filming before or if he is doing it after Thor, but he was bulking up to play Hulk Hogan in a biopic

He's still attached to the untitled Hulk Hogan biopic film but that just remains announced - it doesn't look like it's even begun pre-production. That said, that doesn't mean he isn't already training for it, but most of this was clearly for Thor: Love and thunder I think.

25 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

yes she is

Noice. Finally.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

He's still attached to the untitled Hulk Hogan biopic film but that just remains announced - it doesn't look like it's even begun pre-production. That said, that doesn't mean he isn't already training for it, but most of this was clearly for Thor: Love and thunder I think.

Noice. Finally.

yeah it was shame they didn't have her show up in the final battle in Endgame.

15 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Considering Taika is back helming the whole shebang while also having Bale as the baddie & also having a proper role for Portman to inhabit, definitely one of the Phase 4 MCU flicks I have the highest of hopes for. 

I actually didn't like Ragnarok as much on the second viewing, but it was funny. I'm wondering if it was constrained because it all had to fit into infinity war/endgame. I am hopeful that love and thunder is like Waititi getting unleashed on it, especially since the Guardians are also supposed to be in the movie.

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

It's Natalie Portman in a t-shirt... So? 

It appears as shes been lifting if you look at it versus this

Natalie Portman is playing a bull rider in Anna Rose Holmer's next film

The tweet photo shes got bigger arms, delts and traps. Shes not huge by any means but there is a difference.

The tweeted pic is a bit janky though, its blurry and shes at a weird angle, cant say I am hundred percent sold though.

She for sure looks like she got a good workout for the role. Just the way she is holding her arms out like that. I’ve always known her as a pretty petite lady, and she don’t look like that anymore. She looks like she could easily kick my ass. . . . not like I would wanna fight back <3

2 hours ago, Brick said:

It's Natalie Portman in a t-shirt... So? 

I mean the point of the tweet and picture is how big her arms are... didn't think it needed an explanation. Anyone with eyes can see she's been working out and it's a HUGE departure from how she typically looks. Lady Thor in the comics absolutely had big arms like that too.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:26 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The only/main reason that I'm interested in this film is that it adapts the fantastic God Butcher storyline from the comics.

So, so well done.  One of my favorite Thor stories in awhile.  Gorr is a great villain.

15 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah I suppose. I mean I noticed that, but still doesn't seem to be that noteworthy. I'm more interested in seeing her actual costume. 

Really? I think it's WAY more interesting that she changed her body shape to do the role. Anyone can just put on a costume.

I find the notion that people feel compelled to get big for superhero movies quite weird. Aside from the obligatory ab / cum gutter shot these guys do in every MCU movie, it seems completely superfluous. Tyler Hoechlin will never be as big as Henry Cavill and Henry Cavill’s Superman will never be as interesting as Tyler Hoechlin’s.

I’ve got nothing against it and the feat is impressive, it just seems like a bizarre expectation for the industry to have set.

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

Really? I think it's WAY more interesting that she changed her body shape to do the role. Anyone can just put on a costume.

Oh don't get me wrong, her increase in muscle mass is impressive, and good for her. That is noteworthy, I just don't think a spy shot of her in a t-shirt is noteworthy.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I find the notion that people feel compelled to get big for superhero movies quite weird. Aside from the obligatory ab / cum gutter shot these guys do in every MCU movie, it seems completely superfluous. Tyler Hoechlin will never be as big as Henry Cavill and Henry Cavill’s Superman will never be as interesting as Tyler Hoechlin’s.

I’ve got nothing against it and the feat is impressive, it just seems like a bizarre expectation for the industry to have set.

You ever hear Stallone's quote about this back in the day? I remember in an interview where he complained that all actors had to do nowadays was put on a muscle suit rather than actually build up their bodies for the role.  He was complaining about superhero movies replacing tradional action movies like the ones he makes.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You ever hear Stallone's quote about this back in the day? I remember in an interview where he complained that all actors had to do nowadays was put on a muscle suit rather than actually build up their bodies for the role.  He was complaining about superhero movies replacing tradional action movies like the ones he makes.

Yeah, I remember that lament. It’s an odd one to me. I get his point, but it’s not like Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood, and other action stars of his era and before were all big. Liam Neeson has murdered half of Europe on film at this a point, so who knows. And someone like Christopher Reeve bulked up for Superman he just didn’t get ripped. 

But Sly has always danced to the beat of his own drum.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Based on what Kumail Nanjiani said about his training for the Immortals, I don’t think they have a choice: the studios give them a trainer and nutritionist and it’s just part of the gig. Once superhero movies became their own thing, actors ceased getting the agency over how to approach the role (including physical conditioning). 

41 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah, I remember that lament. It’s an odd one to me. I get his point, but it’s not like Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood, and other action stars of his era and before were all big. Liam Neeson has murdered half of Europe on film at this a point, so who knows. And someone like Christopher Reeve bulked up for Superman he just didn’t get ripped. 

But Sly has always danced to the beat of his own drum.

Yes but his era was the era of Ferigno, Arnold and Van Damme. In the 80's it was all about muscle-men. I remember in the 90's when budding action stars like Keanu Reeves and Nicholas Cage got ripped for roles they were doing (Speed and Con-Air respectively). Actors are always expected to do some physical prep for roles they are doing and its often in their contracts when they take a role. Some actors gain weight, some lose a ton and some get ripped. It's part of the business and depends on the role and the actor.