Thor: Love and Thunder first look

3 hours ago, johnny said:

she’s definitely been lifting. she just probably isn’t taking steroids like most of these dudes do. 

Theres a better chance that she is rather then isnt. The larger traps are a good indicator that she is, and a movie studio isnt likely to let her spend the time to try and do it natty when using PEDs all but guarantees the result they want.

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

Based on what Kumail Nanjiani said about his training for the Immortals, I don’t think they have a choice: the studios give them a trainer and nutritionist and it’s just part of the gig. Once superhero movies became their own thing, actors ceased getting the agency over how to approach the role (including physical conditioning). 

Speaking of Kumail , hes been main lining the HGH

Kumail Nanjiani Flaunts His Massive Muscles in Tight Tank Shirt! | Emily V.  Gordon, Kumail Nanjiani | Just Jared

12 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I find the notion that people feel compelled to get big for superhero movies quite weird. Aside from the obligatory ab / cum gutter shot these guys do in every MCU movie, it seems completely superfluous. Tyler Hoechlin will never be as big as Henry Cavill and Henry Cavill’s Superman will never be as interesting as Tyler Hoechlin’s.

I’ve got nothing against it and the feat is impressive, it just seems like a bizarre expectation for the industry to have set.

In this case, her character has already appeared on screen in her normal form, so I think it makes sense for her to bulk up to match the transformation her character will go through.

1 hour ago, legend said:

In this case, her character has already appeared on screen in her normal form, so I think it makes sense for her to bulk up to match the transformation her character will go through.

Thor doesn’t bulk up when he’s Thor’s out, he stayed chubby in Endgame. Unless you didn’t mean the literal transformation into Thor, in which case I’m back to square one :p

It’s not particularly meaningful regardless, just an odd insistence from Marvel based on what Chris said. 

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Thor doesn’t bulk up when he’s Thor’s out, he stayed chubby in Endgame. Unless you didn’t mean the literal transformation into Thor, in which case I’m back to square one :p

It’s not particularly meaningful regardless, just an odd insistence from Marvel based on what Chris said. 

I don't see what's odd about wanting the actors to get in shape so they can look more like their comic book counterparts which are always jacked and shredded. I mean how many superheroes have average, or dad bods? Not that many, so it makes sense for someone who is going to play Batman, Superman, Thor, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Black Widow, etc. to get into really good shape, especially when these roles are quite physically demanding.

The problem is most of these actors only get into shape for a specific role, with no real plan on sustaining that workout and nutritional plan long term, so they slip back into their regular lifestyle, and since most of them are starting from a regular lifestyle, but they need to get in shape in three months for when shooting starts, they're not on the best diet (so many interviews are guys saying they ate nothing but chicken broccoli, and rice), and they are most likely on steroids, or SARMS, or some other PED, and being monitored heavily by the best doctors the studio can get so they stay safe and somewhat legal. Of course, you'll never hear them admit that, because of course  Disney/WB doesn't want you to know that their superhero stars are using steroids, which sets a bad example for the kids. Guys like Hemsworth are probably good since he seems to be passionate about fitness, as he even has his own app now, but someone like Tom Hardy who needed to get jacked for Bane? More than likely had to use steroids (there are set pictures of him while filming where he has bad back acne, and bacne is a sign of steroid use) to put on the 30-ish pounds, especially when he's known for going up and down drastically in weight for roles. You can't put on 30 pounds of pure muscle in just three months naturally; it takes time and commitment to put on that kind of size.

Yeah, some actors seem to be genuinely into it. Hemsworth is one, Hugh Jackman another. Certain others like Daniel Craig have said they hate it. Chris Pratt is also in that camp (he talked about how it took like 2 months of prep for his one shirtless scene in the first GotG)

Imagine how claustrophobic that must feel. No drinking alcohol, no eating junk food, it's like your life is under control for months.

Chris Hemsworth was a model before he was an actor, so he's probably used to it.

All the big bodies in films are now and always have been from PEDS. And actors like Hemsworth are the worst because he has a body that can only be built with the best drugs and doctors that money can buy , is being used to sell his shitty app. Selling the masses that they can get ripped just like him by following his apps regime, how fucking greedy is the man.

5 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

All the big bodies in films are now and always have been from PEDS. And actors like Hemsworth are the worst because he has a body that can only be built with the best drugs and doctors that money can buy , is being used to sell his shitty app. Selling the masses that they can get ripped just like him by following his apps regime, how fucking greedy is the man.

The Avengers Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Sounds like someone is upset they aren’t genetically able to get to a certain size 👀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Sounds like someone is upset they aren’t genetically able to get to a certain size 👀

Honestly if I could afford to run the juice he does I would love to blow up to his size. Dude’s a mass monster and it takes so much commitment to do it but his “app” is horse shit of the highest level.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Oh yeah, I don't mean the character Thor. I just mean that Jane Foster is going to going to go from being a normy-human to super powered, and the physical change in appearance is a good visual approach to highlight that she's not the same anymore, even if it's not "required" by the crazy comic physics. It is a visual medium, so having a visual cue seems appropriate to me.

3 minutes ago, legend said:

Oh yeah, I don't mean the character Thor. I just mean that Jane Foster is going to going to go from being a normy-human to super powered, and the physical change in appearance is a good visual approach to highlight that she's not the same anymore, even if it's not "required" by the crazy comic physics. It is a visual medium, so having a visual cue seems appropriate to me.

True. I mean this is the same universe where Tom Holland bench presses a collapsed building off himself, so… all bets are off :p

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, legend said:

Lady Thor is the comics also has similar sized guns so it really fits the character.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Lady Thor is the comics also has similar sized guns so it really fits the character.

Yeah, she's really going into this, especially for someone that's always been a rather petite actress. I'm looking forward to this movie.

female-thor.jpg

8 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

True. I mean this is the same universe where Tom Holland bench presses a collapsed building off himself, so… all bets are off :p

Not trying to be captain literal man. But low key Holland might actually be the strongest actor in the Marvel Universe. P

On 7/8/2021 at 7:15 AM, SimpleG said:

I can't speak to the quality of his app, it's probably average or at least decent, but if you're buying into it thinking you'll get as fit as Chris Hemsworth yeah...no, but I can totally believe he's natural. His other brothers are also in really good shape, so they probably just have very good genetics. They're also Australian and maybe the constant threat of deadly spiders and snakes has bred some of the most beautiful people on Earth because there are a lot of gorgeous people over there (Margot Robbie, anyone?). 

Older guys like Mark Wahlberg, who is 50, is probably on something. Dwayne Johnson, I could see either way because he's massive and 49, but then again he was a wrestler for years so probably knows how to work out for size very well, and he's Samoan and Samoan people are just naturally big. 

Ever seen Walhlbergs daily routine? I can believe he keeps himself looking that way naturally. 

Also remember we rarely see a lot of these people in their daily lives. Getting that absolutely chiseled look for a short period of time, in order to look great for a few scenes, is completely possible. It’s all about cutting a ton of water weight. It’s not really sustainable on a day to day basis. But to get in shape and look that way just on film naturally is totally possible. 

• 9 months later...
1 minute ago, stepee said:

I think I’ve seen this said before but I don’t know what it means :P

His user name was therocksomthing before, and when someone posted something and he posted a somewhat pedantic response, that was getting “therock’d”. I assume @SaysWho? remembers his full username because his board memory is better than mine. :p

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

His user name was therocksomthing before, and when someone posted something and he posted a somewhat pedantic response, that was getting “therock’d”. I assume @SaysWho? remembers his full username because his board memory is better than mine. :p

Ahhhhhh didn’t realize that was him!

On 7/12/2021 at 4:51 AM, Mercury33 said:

Getting that absolutely chiseled look for a short period of time, in order to look great for a few scenes, is completely possible. It’s all about cutting a ton of water weight.

I remember reading an interview with Hugh Jackman and he talked about this very thing for when he knew he had shirtless scenes. He would basically dehydrate himself in prep for those days. That said, there's some controversy as to whether or not some of these guys are building muscle and mass the way they do at their ages naturally.

EDIT: Finally found this. Great video on the subject.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's so weird this movie comes out in less than 3 months and we're only now getting a teaser trailer. And no Christian Bale? Boo. However I'm sure it'll be amazing, teaser was great.

Just seems like Marvel doesn't want to release trailers too early these days. Doctor Strange 2 wasn't that long ago. No Way Home got revealed pretty close to release. Must be some strategy for Marvel. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's so weird this movie comes out in less than 3 months and we're only now getting a teaser trailer. And no Christian Bale? Boo. However I'm sure it'll be amazing, teaser was great.

Pretty sure it was timed to not step on Dr Strange or Moon Knight. Moon Knight is out and Dr Strange will be out in a couple of weeks so now they will start building awareness for this. Expect Bale's reveal to be in a more extended trailer that will probably be in front of Strange. I also wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing marketing for the next Disney Plus show as well. Not sure which one is next though... She Hulk?

• Thanks 1

Yeah, it makes sense they wouldn't want to step on the toes of their other projects coming out but Thor 4, written and directed by Taika Waititi is a huge movie, I'd have thought dropping at least a teaser sooner than 3 months before release, but I'll take what I can get lol. 

The next movie to come out will be Black Panther: Wakanda Forever in November of this year. For MCU TV shows, Ms. Marvel is next, coming out in June (which will be before Thor 4) and then after that She-Hulk, which comes out this year but has no release date, so either Black Panther 2 or She-Hulk would be my guess too.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ms Marvel is June??? Shit I'm surprised we haven't seen anything about THAT yet. Probably will start seeing materials for that one when Moon Knight is about to Wrap up.

There was a teaser for Ms. Marvel. 

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Can someone remind me how Thor ended up having 2 blue eyes again? Wasn't his prosthetic hazel or yellow or something? It's a robot eye so it could be patched or whatever, but his eyes WERE different colors in Endgame still, right?

Sound like you answered your own question:p I couldn't remember if he was still fat at the end of Endgame... he wasn't right?