Thor: Love and Thunder first look

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

Technically we've had Egyptian gods since Black Panther

I wasn't;t sure that the gods in Black Panther were "real," or that the people who took the heart shaped herb were actually talking to their ancestors literally, or if it was supposed to be a vision. It's been a while since I watched it, I can't remember if T'Challa or Killmonger learn new stuff or just have their biases confirmed.

Doesn't really matter either way, just curious.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

MCU is a regular godapalooza 

Notably, the god of Abrahamic religions is absent. :p

35 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Notably, the god of Abrahamic religions is absent.

latest?cb=20160704001309
MARVEL.FANDOM.COM

In many of Earth's monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam), Yahweh has been viewed as the supreme being, creator of all things, and only God. Yahweh was one of the gods of Earth, but his true origin varies from one account to another. Yahweh was part of a group of life-forms that existed before the Multiverse, and who were the only sentient life at that point. Yahweh allegedly created Earth-616 and all...

8 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I wasn't;t sure that the gods in Black Panther were "real," or that the people who took the heart shaped herb were actually talking to their ancestors literally, or if it was supposed to be a vision. It's been a while since I watched it, I can't remember if T'Challa or Killmonger learn new stuff or just have their biases confirmed.

I seem to remember them saying something about the goddess sending a vision leading them to the plant. 

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
latest?cb=20160704001309
MARVEL.FANDOM.COM

In many of Earth's monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam), Yahweh has been viewed as the supreme being, creator of all things, and only God. Yahweh was one of the gods of Earth, but his true origin varies from one account to another. Yahweh was part of a group of life-forms that existed before the Multiverse, and who were the only sentient life at that point. Yahweh allegedly created Earth-616 and all...

I meant inthe MCU, but fair!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, Brick said:

Her arms are bigger than mine! 

(I have trouble growing my arms) 

Bro I have had a torn rotator cuff for almost a decade, shooting a basketball causes me pain for days. Growing my arms is impossible without spending thousands of dollars i don't have on surgery and/or physical therapy. I feel you

9 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Bro I have had a torn rotator cuff for almost a decade, shooting a basketball causes me pain for days. Growing my arms is impossible without spending thousands of dollars i don't have on surgery and/or physical therapy. I feel you

I've had a sore shoulder for months, probably closer to a year now. Not sure what I did. Maybe working out with improper form. I've always had this sleight pain in my shoulder (I've joked how it was in the exact spot I got one of my vaccines back in high school, and wondered if the nurse screwed something up and damaged something when I got the shot), but lately it's just so much worse. Might be an impingement, but physio didn't help, and x-rays and ultrasound didn't find anything. It's also getting worse in my other shoulder now too, which makes me think it was a workout injury. 

Just out of curiosity have @Brickor @Fizzzzle ever actually measured them ? I think mine look small but last time I actually measured they were 17 and 3/4 so not big but not small .I don't do any arm isolation work either.  I think our views on "big" have become pretty skewed and it's throws off our perception. 

46 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Just out of curiosity have @Brickor @Fizzzzle ever actually measured them ? I think mine look small but last time I actually measured they were 17 and 3/4 so not big but not small .I don't do any arm isolation work either.  I think our views on "big" have become pretty skewed and it's throws off our perception. 

Last time I measured they were 14 inches. 

4 hours ago, SimpleG said:

As far as I’m concerned. 24 inch pythons are the standard. 

16 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Here's one were he drives a motorcycle backwards 

How to leave a conversation - GIF on Imgur

Cocaines a hell of a drug 

I was going to one up you by posting an insane promo where Hulk talks about drowning Trump, his family, and all the little Hulkamaniacs and then realized your first gif actually comes from that promo :lol:

"YES! But if you look in their eyes, man, have you seen the fear in all those little Hulksters? They realize that when I get Andre the Giant cinched up in the launch position, when I SLAM him through the Trump Plaza, brother, from New York, down to Tampa, Florida, the fault line is gonna break off! And as Andre the Giant falls into the ocean, as my next two opponents fall to the ocean floor and I pin ‘em, so will DONALD TRUMP and ALL THE HULKAMANIACS!

But as Donald Trump hangs on to the top of the Trump Plaza, with his family under his other arm, as they SINK, to the BOTTOM OF THE SEATHANK GOD Donald Trump’s a Hulkamaniac! He’ll know enough to let go of his materialistic possessions, hang on to the wife and kids, DOG PADDLE with his life all the way to safety! But Donald, if somethin’ happens, if you run outta gas, and all those little Hulkamaniacs, just hang on to the LARGEST BACK in the world, and I’ll dog paddle us, backstroke all of us to safety!"

So in conclusion...in context the backstroke gif makes perfect logical sense!