Thor: Love and Thunder first look

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

His user name was therocksomthing before, and when someone posted something and he posted a somewhat pedantic response, that was getting “therock’d”. I assume @SaysWho? remembers his full username because his board memory is better than mine. :p

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Ahhhhhh didn’t realize that was him!

Yeah, the funny part is I started "therock'd" but it was really @Keyser_Soze who took it farther. :p 

I don't know where he went and I forget his full name, though I wanna say it was just some random letters at the end, or maybe an acronym that meant something to him? I feel like he unfortunately started to get into that vicious black hole of seeing one chud picture/video and then getting algorithm'd. :( 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Yeah, the funny part is I started "therock'd" but it was really @Keyser_Soze who took it farther. :p 

I don't know where he went and I forget his full name, though I wanna say it was just some random letters at the end, or maybe an acronym that meant something to him? I feel like he unfortunately started to get into that vicious black hole of seeing one chud picture/video and then getting algorithm'd. :( 

Yeah I guess he did just leave because we started calling him out on that then. It was weird to watch, you could almost see reality slowly fall from his grasp as the days wore on.

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

His name was originally therockdltj, and then he changed it to something else, I can't remember the newer one but it was easier to remember, I remember the older one because I personally couldn't stand him from the beginning. :p 

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah I guess he did just leave because we started calling him out on that then. It was weird to watch, you could almost see reality slowly fall from his grasp as the days wore on.

Actually kind of felt bad for the guy. He seemed pretty isolated and isolation can lead some to same bad shit. I am certainly not gonna condone any of the dumb shit he posted but there is good chance the dog piling from us likely will isolate him even more.

• True 2

59 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Actually kind of felt bad for the guy. He seemed pretty isolated and isolation can lead some to same bad shit. I am certainly not gonna condone any of the dumb shit he posted but there is good chance the dog piling from us likely will isolate him even more.

He hasn't even logged onto the site since November 14. The problem with people going full chud brain like this is that even the kindest most gentlest disagreement is going to be taken as a pile-on by the person who's been chud pilled.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

He hasn't even logged onto the site since November 14. The problem with people going full chud brain like this is that even the kindest most gentlest disagreement is going to be taken as a pile-on by the person who's been chud pilled.

That part is true. I know people who were relatively normal in high school who went full chud, and you can't even politely correct a fake FB meme they share without seeming like evil to them, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

That part is true. I know people who were relatively normal in high school who went full chud, and you can't even politely correct a fake FB meme they share without seeming like evil to them, unfortunately.

People also don't generally go straight from 0 to 100 with this stuff, and the chud pill stuff tends to provide the trappings of community, it's how they hook people and keep them in. And his posts got progressively worse over several months. Seems likely that his abrupt quit was because he just went full time over to whichever chud community he was getting the shit he was posting from since "D1P just doesn't get me anymore the way you guys do". 

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

So is anyone else wondering if maybe this isn't regular Mjolnir, but maybe Undrjarn? Wishful thinking maybe, but I would love it if the design language for Undrjarn in the MCU is a shattered Mjolnir that rearranges itself into new weapons.

The Multiverse of Madness trailer has me seeing multiverse stuff in all MCU content. :p

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Exactly yes. This phase is supposed to be all about that multiverse goodness, right?

Yeah, as far as we know between What If, Strange 2, and Loki.

Thanos got confirmed in Avengers, which teased the big bad for the next few phases. I dunno that there's an Avengers equivalent on the docket for Phase 4? Maybe we'll find out for sure who's going to get punched hardest in Thor 4 or Strange 2, even if it's confirmation that it's Kang.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah, as far as we know between What If, Strange 2, and Loki.

Thanos got confirmed in Avengers, which teased the big bad for the next few phases. I dunno that there's an Avengers equivalent on the docket for Phase 4? Maybe we'll find out for sure who's going to get punched hardest in Thor 4 or Strange 2, even if it's confirmation that it's Kang.

Kang is supposed to be in the next Ant Man movie as well so there's a good bet he may be the big bad. There's also the Celestials from Eternals and Adam Warlock will be introduced in the next Guardians movie so his alternate self The Magus may be a big bad is well. The Magus is a Thanos level threat himself.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Kang is supposed to be in the next Ant Man movie as well so there's a good bet he may be the big bad. There's also the Celestials from Eternals and Adam Warlock will be introduced in the next Guardians movie so his alternate self The Magus may be a big bad is well. The Magus is a Thanos level threat himself.

Yeah. I was kind of counting out the Celestials since I dunno that they’d go with something that has less personality / relatability after Thanos, but I suppose you never know.

Given that we currently have Norse gods (Thor) and Egyptian gods (Moon Knight) (all of whom aren't gods in the MCU, but super advanced alien races where their tech basically is magic ala Clarke it seems) it'll be interesting that this movie will now clearly introduce Greek gods. 

And to be clear, even in the comics as I understand it, Angelina Jolie's Thena from Eternals and the Greek goddess Athena are indeed two distinct characters in the comics as well as well, and it's meant to be a back and forth even in the comics as well in which Thena/Athena is responsible for what in history. I mention this because there seems to be a lot of confusion on that but that's what I read looking it up anyway, which is good enough for me.

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Given that we currently have Norse gods (Thor) and Egyptian gods (Moon Knight) (all of whom aren't gods in the MCU, but super advanced alien races where their tech basically is magic ala Clarke) it'll be interesting that this movie will now clearly introduce Greek gods. 

Technically we've had Egyptian gods since Black Panther

• True 1