~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 1:11 PM, Jason said:
snapshot-3-1.jpg?w=1280
KDVR.COM

A police officer was involved in a shooting in the Belmar area, according to Lakewood Police.

He was a right-wing white supremacist (I know that's a tautology these days) who followed and in some cases was followed by prevalent right-wingers.

• Guillotine 3

8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

He was a right-wing white supremacist (I know that's a tautology these days) who followed and in some cases was followed by prevalent right-wingers.

Amazing to see how the news is burying this story. They can't have right wing loons under the microscope if they want a drama filled competitive election this year. 

And even further, he wasn't merely a racist right winger. He was also a men's rights person in what's called the "manosphere."

The Manosphere and the figured associated with it (Stephen Crowder, Jordan Peterson, Mike Cernovich, Dave Rubin, etc) are pernicious forces that perpetuate male supremacy and lead to violence against women. Histories of misogyny, association with these men's rights spaces, and violence will always lead to this. 

And not many people want to address the root of the issue that is these men's rights groups. If we don't, this will keep happening. And there's enough overlap between these types and far right white supremacists that it's a feeder into those spaces. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Lmao canal Winchester talk about safe ass suburbia

I always tell people that have guns in their house so if someone breaks in they have protection that its extremely unlikely someone is going to break into your home when you're there and the data is pretty fucking clear on that, all that gun is doing is adding value to breaking into your house when you're not home, lol.

7 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I always tell people that have guns in their house so if someone breaks in they have protection that its extremely unlikely someone is going to break into your home when you're there and the data is pretty fucking clear on that, all that gun is doing is adding value to breaking into your house when you're not home, lol.

Just keep your guns on you at all times problem solved. 

that said I have somehow ended up going down a TikTok rabbit hole where it’s showing builds of new homes in Texas (?) and how many of these new homes have cast into the foundation a safe/gun room that is attached to the master bedroom/walk in closet like it’s fucking normal to need a whole ass room for your high 5 figure-6 figure dollar gun collection. 

I just don't get why people feel the need to have die hard/home alone fantasies about home invasions. Unless your guns are readily available (ie not in a safe) it's not like they're going to be any fucking use. And in 99.99999% of home invasions, they're not trying to rape your kids, they just want your PS5 (#WheresOurChips). I say that as someone who used to break into houses when I was in high school. Do you really want to kill someone or risk yourself getting killed over a fucking PS5?

One time when I was 16 or so, my house got broken into when only me and my mom were home. I went out with a bat (by far the best home defense instrument by the way) and almost cracked dudes skull in before I realized I knew the guy. There was basically a really awkward, tense moment before I told him very quietly, my mom keeps a gun under her pillow and will not be as resistant on the trigger as I am, as she was one of those die hard/home alone fantasy nut jobs. He thought I was trying to bluff or something and I was like "no, if she comes down and finds you here she will literally open fire." Eventually he left, it was one of the most awkward encounters I've ever had.

Point being, if you're worried about home defense-

1) deadbolt your doors. You can get through deadbolts without breaking the door down, but it's really hard and often noisy

2) lock your windows when no one's home. If you don't have AC then that sucks but it is what it is

3) Baseball bats. Far more effective in home defense and far less likely to end in suicide or the accidental death of a loved one

10 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I just don't get why people feel the need to have die hard/home alone fantasies about home invasions. Unless your guns are readily available (ie not in a safe) it's not like they're going to be any fucking use. And in 99.99999% of home invasions, they're not trying to rape your kids, they just want your PS5 (#WheresOurChips). I say that as someone who used to break into houses when I was in high school. Do you really want to kill someone or risk yourself getting killed over a fucking PS5?

One time when I was 16 or so, my house got broken into when only me and my mom were home. I went out with a bat (by far the best home defense instrument by the way) and almost cracked dudes skull in before I realized I knew the guy. There was basically a really awkward, tense moment before I told him very quietly, my mom keeps a gun under her pillow and will not be as resistant on the trigger as I am, as she was one of those die hard/home alone fantasy nut jobs. He thought I was trying to bluff or something and I was like "no, if she comes down and finds you here she will literally open fire." Eventually he left, it was one of the most awkward encounters I've ever had.

Point being, if you're worried about home defense-

1) deadbolt your doors. You can get through deadbolts without breaking the door down, but it's really hard and often noisy

2) lock your windows when no one's home. If you don't have AC then that sucks but it is what it is

3) Baseball bats. Far more effective in home defense and far less likely to end in suicide or the accidental death of a loved one

Metal or wood

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

Metal or wood

Doesn't matter, dude.

Also, you have to remember, most people that invade your home are themselves not armed, at least with not with guns. And, guess what, when you bring a knife to a bat fight, the bat usually wins as long as someone had to close a distance.

Also also, if you accidentally hit your own daughter with a bat while mistaking her for an intruder, at least she won't be dead, probably.

Fun fact, swinging a bat downward would use the same muscles to a smashing success! Using 2 arms would be ~200lbs of force plus the bat and gravity. That's about the same amount of power required for a power bar and 4x45 plates coming at your skull! I'm not bragging, just loving my new found realization!! *orders a bat for every room* 

15 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Raging right-wing loon and gun nut dies in a road rage incident that he started.

John made a mistake by not winning the Laugo Arms Alien pistol BEFORE he got into a shootout with another driver.  You see, the Laugo Arms Alien pistol is a very good pistol, which means he would have handedly beat the other shooter.