Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: "Season of the Construct" announcement trailer (January 23)

Bacon

Were all classes in this beta? Or just one?

I'm most curious about the Barbarian, since apparently you now have six weapons (that switch between attacks)? Curious how that works, in terms of finding new loot, leveling weapons, etc. Glad to hear the game still feels "right," which is the big hallmark of Diablo.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm most curious about the Barbarian, since apparently you now have six weapons (that switch between attacks)? Curious how that works, in terms of finding new loot, leveling weapons, etc. Glad to hear the game still feels "right," which is the big hallmark of Diablo.

Barbarian, Rogue, and Sorcerer.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

5 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Barbarian, Rogue, and Sorcerer

For this weekend's Early Access beta, the three classes @Chris- listed.

For next weekend's Open Beta, all of them.

I’m really enjoying it so far. The gameplay is much less twitchy than Diablo 3 (not that I disliked how quick D3 felt), primarily because dodge is no longer assigned to the right stick and is instead on a cooldown. The graphics, sound, atmosphere, and story are all great so far.

This game’s got the juice. 

47 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I’m really enjoying it so far. The gameplay is much less twitchy than Diablo 3 (not that I disliked how quick D3 felt), primarily because dodge is no longer assigned to the right stick and is instead on a cooldown. The graphics, sound, atmosphere, and story are all great so far.

This game’s got the juice. 

Is it like, clearly designed to be good on a controller (ala D3), or do you find yourself limited in some ways  (ala D2)? 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

Is it like, clearly designed to be good on a controller (ala D3), or do you find yourself limited in some ways  (ala D2)? 

It is clearly designed for a controller. The movement feels really good...Because of how they designed the dodge it kind of feels like Hades, albeit slower.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

My top three most anticipated games are all huge, and within 30 days of each other. This, Zelda, and FFXIII. It’s going ti be like a Mexican standoff deciding what to play. 

And then theres still:

Jedi Survivor 

Starfield

Spider-Man 2 (supposedly)

possibly FF7 Rebirth, although I’m skeptical.

• Haha 1

Finally got to play a bit before it kicked me out and told me my account was temporarily locked!

I'm digging it so far. *This* is what D3 should have felt like. This is a return to form in terms of atmosphere and general gameplay. Hopefully I continue to feel that way!

I am getting a fair amount of quarter second stutters/locks at times. I'm guessing that's a symptom of their servers buckling?

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

My top three most anticipated games are all huge, and within 30 days of each other. This, Zelda, and FFXIII. It’s going ti be like a Mexican standoff deciding what to play. 

And then theres still:

Jedi Survivor 

Starfield

Spider-Man 2 (supposedly)

possibly FF7 Rebirth, although I’m skeptical.

When does FFXIII come out again?

• Guillotine 1

This stuttering is killing me. "Stutter" is kind of the wrong work. It locks up for like a quarter second at random times at least once every 10 seconds regardless of what's happening. I'm enjoying the game except that that made the last boss fight I did extremely annoying! (I still won though)

After spending many hours with the beta this weekend and getting my Sorceress to level 23, I can safely say that Diablo IV is an MMO.  It may be a a "light" MMO compared to WoW, FFXIV, or TESO, but make no mistake: it's an MMO.

This video does an excellent job of reflecting my feelings about the game:

• Thanks 1

I planned for and played a ton this weekend. Mostly because I know my gaming buddies are going to be all in on this and between the two betas I wanted to get time in on each class.

Got Sorcerer to 25, Rogue to 20, and Barb to 15. All 3 were fun, but I'd say that the Barb has some problems at the moment. They really struggle with Bosses because they need to be up close with the bosses, mitigation abilities have long cooldowns, and feel very gear dependent. Bosses basically need to be kited by all 3 classes and Barbarians aren't really built with that in mind. That being said, who knows what things will look like past the early stages of the game but at the moment the early game bosses for Barbarians is not so great.

Outside of that:
1. Graphics are great, though the in engine cutscenes look very dated as they zoom in and details don't look so great up close.
2. Gameplay and moment to moment combat is really fun. Especially once you have your ability bar full of cool abilities.
3. Dungeons are mixed. They're fun but have a lot of backtracking as they all have the same sort of mechanism of find 1-3 keys to proceed. Could be fixed with some shortcuts back to the main corridor.
4. Open world is mostly good. Events are fun, but in general those are really the only times I want to see other players that aren't in my party. There are some weird things that happen with the auto leveling of mobs when a low level and high level player are nearby.
5. The aspects for each class plus the ability to craft legendaries with them in combination with a nice Rare item is really cool. Should be able to make a lot of builds be specialized on that which hopefully also allows for a lot of build variety.

Looking forward to this coming weekend to try out the Necro and Druid.