Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: "Season of the Construct" announcement trailer (January 23)

Bacon

Sigh.. okay so what I played was really cool.

I waited in the queue for about 20 minutes (even though estimated was 55), watched the fucking cool intro scene, played for about five minutes then had to turn it off because something else came up.

I'll try again tonight when the entire rest of the country is in the queue. Even though i'm 1000% sure I'll get this day one anyway.

52 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Queue times, including last weekend, have always listed about twice as long as it actually takes.  At least for the 3 times I had to wait.

I just jumped in. 31 min queue, currently sitting in with about 9 minutes remaining.

• Like 2

Just put in about an hour or so... omg it's so good.

I have to say... as someone who is a pretty big fan of ARPG dungeon hack n slash games, I don't think I've ever given a shit about the story in any of them. But damn I have to admit, this time it's got its hooks in. These cutscenes are damn good.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

when the servers are working, it’s incredible. Just need those servers stabilized.

I'm noticing a lot more lag in the servers this week when there was pretty much NONE at all last week. Pretty sure they'll have it worked out before the weekend is out and definitely before launch. Game is awesome.

39 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Damn this is exactly what I want out of a new Diablo game. 

I've been pretty underwhelmed the last several years of major releases. This year seems to be chock full of incredible stuff. 

It’s truly great. They absolutely nailed it, and I can’t wait to play the full game.

Heads up for those playing this weekend: a hotfix this morning removed the option to change fullscreen resolution. You need to scale it using the resolution slider now.

bb5260bdcd97bd160d7158007ebe31a12fae94b0
US.FORUMS.BLIZZARD.COM

We have released another client patch for PC. This addresses a Fullscreen crash issue that users reported earlier today. Addressed an issue with the PC client crashing when in Fullscreen mode. This mode will be disabled for the beta. Windowed and Windowed (Fullscreen) will be the only options on PC Beta. If you want to use a resolution lower than the desktop resolution: Use the resolution percentage slider in the video options...

I enjoyed my time in it. Played for several hours last night. My wait time didn’t decrease by much. I was still waiting at least a half an hour. 

it does feel a bit too easy at times, but maybe when I get later in the actual game that will change. But even at lvl 12 I could kill a group of lvl 25 enemies. Now when bigger enemies showed up I had to leave, but would expect even trash mobs would be near unkillable in a group of 5 or so if they’re more than 10 levels above me. 

Dl’d last night but my que time was an hour so I bailed. Finally got to play this morning but it was really laggy. I guess the servers are getting crushed this weekend. But I did enjoy what few minutes it ran smoothly though. I can already tell I’m gonna be hooked. This game checks nearly all of my boxes as I’m already a softy for isometric ARPG’s. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I enjoyed my time in it. Played for several hours last night. My wait time didn’t decrease by much. I was still waiting at least a half an hour. 

it does feel a bit too easy at times, but maybe when I get later in the actual game that will change. But even at lvl 12 I could kill a group of lvl 25 enemies. Now when bigger enemies showed up I had to leave, but would expect even trash mobs would be near unkillable in a group of 5 or so if they’re more than 10 levels above me. 

try the other world states and it won't be sop easy. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Post impressions then. I'm interested in your opinion. 

Ok from what I’ve played this is a button masher. Move to next area. Gather better loot. Apply loot to character. Level up button mashing skills. Move to next area. Repeat. 

A Mans Butt GIF

• Haha 1

I've played up to level 19 so far and I find it very unfortunate that it feels really good; really, time sucking good. I haven't gotten deep into an ARPG since Diablo 2 ( I played 3 very little) so I don't know what the current state of the art is, but D4 just feels like what I'd expect a modern Diablo to be. The build crafting is obviously there, itemization seems varied and interesting. The quests and the world feel much more interesting and dynamic than the older games.

The graphics look pretty good, at least during combat and zoomed all the way out. During the in-game cut scenes the graphics don't hold up that well. After seeing the UE5 demos of infinite detail scaling, I kinda wish this looked better in the close ups, but it's not a big deal. Performance has been pretty good, with whatever hitches I've experienced happening mostly in towns. During actual combat the performance has been fine, though probably worse than I might have hoped.

There is obviously a lot of depth to the game that I haven't really gotten into, but mostly I'm just happy that it feels fun to play. I'll probably try to get to 25 and leave it at that.

Unfortunately I'll be in Japan when it launches, but I still put in my pre-order.

• Halal 2

10 minutes ago, Brian said:

That’s a bummer. That’s the version I planned on getting. 

To be clear I've only seen it in cutscenes - the actual gameplay is smooth. But the cutscenes, especially when they transition, can get quite ugly looking.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

To be clear I've only seen it in cutscenes - the actual gameplay is smooth. But the cutscenes, especially when they transition, can get quite ugly looking.

yeah I saw some pop in on the Series X version I’m cutscenes too. Could be it will just be the beta and fixes, or could be something all console versions will see. 

kind of weird since those cutscenes also seem to be using low poly models for things like bells and birds too.