Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: "Season of the Construct" announcement trailer (January 23)

Bacon

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

yeah I saw some pop in on the Series X version I’m cutscenes too. Could be it will just be the beta and fixes, or could be something all console versions will see. 

kind of weird since those cutscenes also seem to be using low poly models for things like bells and birds too. 

The bells were like PS2 models lol. Ultimately it doesn’t matter because the game absolutely rules, but the console versions definitely need a little polish. 

• True 1

9 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

try the other world states and it won't be sop easy. 

This really depends on what class you picked.  From my experience playing all 5 classes. 

Easiest to hardest

1 - Necro makes the game easy mode.  It's laughably easy early level and throughout most of this Beta area.

2 - Sorceress also makes the game much easier.

3 - Rogue - Will probably have a higher skill ceiling but thanks to its range abilities, def a bit easier to manage.

4 - Druid - I felt the Druid felt a bit underwhelming up until Lvl 15ish then they started to shine a bit more.

5 - Barbarian - The devs already came out and said Barbarian is balanced to be more powerful later in the game and won't feel as powerful as the other classes early on.

Playing as a Barbarian first, I felt the game was very difficult for most of last weekend.  Then I tried Sorceress and it was a completely different experience.

I just hope the entire game is balanced to feel more difficult.  One of my biggest complaints for Diablo 3 was the first playthrough was way way too easy that build and loot didn't matter at all.

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

This really depends on what class you picked.  From my experience playing all 5 classes. 

Easiest to hardest

1 - Necro makes the game easy mode.  It's laughably easy early level and throughout most of this Beta area.

3 - Rogue - Will probably have a higher skill ceiling but thanks to its range abilities, def a bit easier to manage.

4 - Druid - I felt the Druid felt a bit underwhelming up until Lvl 15ish then they started to shine a bit more.

5 - Barbarian - The devs already came out and said Barbarian is balanced to be more powerful later in the game and won't feel as powerful as the other classes early on.

Playing as a Barbarian first, I felt the game was very difficult for most of last weekend.  Then I tried Sorceress and it was a completely different experience.

I just hope the entire game is balanced to feel more difficult.  One of my biggest complaints for Diablo 3 was the first playthrough was way way too easy that build and loot didn't matter at all.

Did you beat Diablo 3 on Torment XVI?

5 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Did you beat Diablo 3 on Torment XVI?

I don't think so.  I stopped played D3 pretty quickly after hitting max lvl on the characters.

When I say easy I mean you could only play the campaign on normal I think and it way too easy.

9 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Easiest to hardest

I played as a Druid and had no trouble at all. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I played as a Druid and had no trouble at all. 

What Tier did you start on, the easier or harder one?

What level did you stop at?  How many Dungeons did you clear?

When I say difficult I don't mean the open world areas are difficult, just some of the Boss fights.  Clearing out those Strongholds or whatever they are, a few of the bosses I had to respec and try different builds as a Barb until I managed to clear them.

Also may depend on build.  I only tried one build with the Druid so far really, went Werewolf for the starting skill, Bear ground pound as the 2nd skill, the heal as the 3rd, Ravens 4th, Hurricane 5th.  Once I got hurricane I started wrecking the mobs way quicker.

42 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

What Tier did you start on, the easier or harder one?

What level did you stop at?  How many Dungeons did you clear?

When I say difficult I don't mean the open world areas are difficult, just some of the Boss fights.  Clearing out those Strongholds or whatever they are, a few of the bosses I had to respec and try different builds as a Barb until I managed to clear them.

Also may depend on build.  I only tried one build with the Druid so far really, went Werewolf for the starting skill, Bear ground pound as the 2nd skill, the heal as the 3rd, Ravens 4th, Hurricane 5th.  Once I got hurricane I started wrecking the mobs way quicker.

Easier tier. Can’t remember what level I stopped on. Never played a Diablo game before. It’s sort of fun and addicting. The inventory system seems kind of confusing. 

25 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Easier tier. Can’t remember what level I stopped on. Never played a Diablo game before. It’s sort of fun and addicting. The inventory system seems kind of confusing. 

Oh ya I can't speak to the easier tier.

For me, if the combat is too easy and mindless, it ruins these kind of games cause then your build really doesn't matter, because everything works.

I loved playing Diablo 2 back in the day and struggling in new areas, then you level up and get a certain skill, or get that one piece of gear to drop that makes that new area finally feasible.

Diablo 3's campaign was missing that.  I'm hoping the entirety of D4 has that feeling again.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Oh ya I can't speak to the easier tier.

For me, if the combat is too easy and mindless, it ruins these kind of games cause then your build really doesn't matter, because everything works.

I loved playing Diablo 2 back in the day and struggling in new areas, then you level up and get a certain skill, or get that one piece of gear to drop that makes that new area finally feasible.

Diablo 3's campaign was missing that.  I'm hoping the entirety of D4 has that feeling again.

If normal D3 was "too easy" you're supposed to increase the difficulty. So that your build and equipment does matter. Which is why it even says for experienced players that are looking for a greater challenge and that's why it had 20 different difficulty levels. Each with suggestions like optimized equipment etc. Which also increases the experience, gold and better equipment you receive. 

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

I get that. Was for me too when I started playing Diablo. Then it just makes sense after a while. Made other games inventory screens way easier because how much you have to learn in these games. 

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

If normal D3 was "too easy" you're supposed to increase the difficulty. So that your build and equipment does matter. Which is why it even says for experienced players that are looking for a greater challenge and that's why it had 20 different difficulty levels. Each with suggestions like optimized equipment etc. Which also increases the experience, gold and better equipment you receive. 

I played Diablo 3 on the hardest difficulty it allowed, as I do all games.  It's been a long time so I don't recall the options, but D3s initial playthrough was way too easy.  Pretty sure it's a very common complaint too.

18 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

out the classes i played last weekend and this weekend the Sorcerer was def my favorite.  Necro was fun but didnt try as many specs as i probably should have.  i tried Rogue for a bit but didnt get to far down in the skills to really see a lot like the Sorc and Sumon

I only played Sorceress to the full completion of the beta's content, but that class definitely needs to be nerfed! 

diablo-4-wow-feature-items-loot.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

The curtains have closed on the Diablo 4 beta, and it turns out that Blizzard's action RPG game is borrowing one of the best features from sister MMORPG, WoW.

if you miss a Legendary item during your hunting, it will automatically be sent to you. You’ll be able to access it via the stash in your inn room (the huge treasure chest), where it appears under the tab ‘missed items.’

Definitely a great feature!

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV (06 June 2023) - Information Thread, update: Blizzard releases beta metrics

Our second video in this series, Into the Endgame, is an exploration of the many endgame systems players can continue to grow their character’s legend through once the Main Quest has been completed.

Join associate game director Joseph Piepiora, game director Joe Shely, lead game producer Kayleigh Calder, and game producer Ash Sweetring as they elaborate on these aspects of Diablo IV in the below developer video: Capstone and Nightmare dungeons, Paragon Boards and the Codex of Power, Overworld experiences, and Fields of Hatred.

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV (06 June 2023) - Information Thread, update: "Into the Endgame" developer video
54 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I always thought she was Adam's FIRST wife... according to lore. I first heard about her in an old Ghost Rider comic :p

Heh, well whatever the story was he was oddly fascinated with her asking me if I knew websites I could find information on and I think he even put some bookmarks in a bible to where she's referenced or something. He also always pronounced the name weird. I always thought of it like lilith (like an I like "lift") and he always said lil-leth (like the e in "seth") :p