Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: "Season of the Construct" announcement trailer (January 23)

Bacon

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

huh?

I don't get your point? You expect the rest of us to hold the bible and Miqra (I have a close jewish friend who is adamant it's not the "Jewish Bible") as truth because some others may believe? 

It's mythology to the majority of us. Theres very little historical fact in either. 

It's one thing to respect the beliefs of others, but that doesn't include pretending it's believable as well, or being willing to treat them as anything but ancient stories and rituals.  

I respect everyone's beliefs on this board. That's why I don't call them 'mythology'. Just because they don't line up with someone's views, beliefs, morality etc. etc doesn't mean I'm gonna call whatever it is a myth because 'the rest of us' don't jive with it. You have the right to call it a myth, and that's ok, but I have the right to take offense because it's not a 'myth' to me. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

16 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I respect everyone's beliefs on this board. That's why I don't call them 'mythology'. Just because they don't line up with someone's views, beliefs, morality etc. etc doesn't mean I'm gonna call whatever it is a myth because 'the rest of us' don't jive with it. You have the right to call it a myth, and that's ok, but I have the right to take offense because it's not a 'myth' to me. 

Respecting beliefs doesn’t mean validating them. I wouldn’t trash someone for believing, but I’m not going to pretend I believe it’s anything but stories. I guess you’re welcome to feel however you want, I just think it’s strange to expect people to treat something like religion as real.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Respecting beliefs doesn’t mean validating them. I wouldn’t trash someone for believing, but I’m not going to pretend I believe it’s anything but stories. I guess you’re welcome to feel however you want, I just think it’s strange to expect people to treat something like religion as real.

You don't have to think it's real. But calling someone's beliefs myths is basically the same as calling them ignorant. And I'd rather exercise tolerance by avoiding the word myth when it comes to a widely accepted belief. And I'm NOT religious btw. 

• Halal 1

22 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Without trying to troll, I think any religious text should be generally viewed as just that, which by definition is a collection of myths. If that is taken as a pejorative it seems to say more about the person who takes offense than the person who used that word, especially in the way it was used in this thread, which was absolutely not as some kind of baiting cheap shot. 

And not saying this about you, but in my experience the type of person who gets, to be too on the nose, holier than thou about any sort of critique of their chosen religion does not typically show the same respect if another religion is spoken about in that way. 

Anyway. I preordered Diablo yesterday and I am very excited. 

9 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

It's one thing to respect the beliefs of others, but that doesn't include pretending it's believable as well

Man I could say something here but I’d probably get banned. Just watch Dave’s standup and you’ll get my drift. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm going to say this again: the story of Lilith is considered to be extra-biblical mythology by the theological establishments of the Conservative, Reformed, and Orthodox branches of Judaism.

That should settle this argument once and for all.

Fair enough. I'll digress 

social-sharing-d4-7e3539fcc0f4075622915b
NEWS.BLIZZARD.COM

Diablo IV equips wanderers with a level of choice never previously seen in a Diablo game. Watch the Inside the Game: Your Class Your way developer video and read on for more details about customization.

Customization is a cornerstone of Diablo IV. From how your character looks, to the Skills they wield, to the appearance of their Gear and Mount, Diablo IV empowers players with a level of agency never previously offered in a Diablo game. The decision of what type of wanderer you want to play in the world of Sanctuary begins at the Class selection screen and follows you into the Endgame. It’s up to YOU to decide how your character will grow and evolve as they pursue Lilith.

Watch the latest Inside the Game developer video on player choice and continue reading for more insight into the customization available to players. Plus, learn how you can play Diablo IV from May 12–14 during Server Slam.

• Halal 1

16 hours ago, eventide11 said:

You don't have to think it's real. But calling someone's beliefs myths is basically the same as calling them ignorant. And I'd rather exercise tolerance by avoiding the word myth when it comes to a widely accepted belief. And I'm NOT religious btw. 

I believe that you are free to believe whatever you want, but I also believe that what you believe is total hogwash. There is nothing wrong about that statement. 

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I believe that you are free to believe whatever you want, but I also believe that what you believe is total hogwash. There is nothing wrong about that statement. 

Does that go for everything or just religion 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brian said:
33841-upcoming-kfc-promotion-includes-di
WWW.WOWHEAD.COM

A Reddit post leaked another potential promotion between Diablo 4 and KFC! According to the leak, fans will have the opportunity to collect up to five Diablo 4 in-game rewards.

This is exciting news for @Commissar SFLUFAN

As long as I can descend through hell as Colonel Sanders. 

6 hours ago, Brian said:
33841-upcoming-kfc-promotion-includes-di
WWW.WOWHEAD.COM

A Reddit post leaked another potential promotion between Diablo 4 and KFC! According to the leak, fans will have the opportunity to collect up to five Diablo 4 in-game rewards.

This is exciting news for @Commissar SFLUFAN

He can send me the food and reap the rewards. :p

On 4/20/2023 at 4:14 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
RsJCDJJE5vUA7uJCf2wMzb-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Surprise: You'll be able to earn previous beta rewards and new ones during the "Server Slam."

so wait, I just noticed it says the play test is from May 12-14, but then says the beta start time isn’t until May 13. So you can’t play May 12? 

This feels like there has been quite a bit of tweaking. I leveled up much faster to 20. In the same play time last demo I only got to about lvl 13 or 14. It felt more challenging too. I think the class and game rebalancing is already present. Necromancer wasn’t steam rolling everything and my friend didn’t feel Druid was handicapped until lvl 15, but felt viable the whole time. 

played on series X again and still some cutscenes seem laughably underwhelming in places. Looks like low resolution assets used in gameplay for up close and different angles than where they look best. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

This feels like there has been quite a bit of tweaking.

This details all of the changes:

635170006764642332.png
WWW.DIABLOFANS.COM

Diablo 4 Server Slam - May 10 Changes A new update just went out with changes ahead of this weekend's Server Slam! DiabloFans Quote: Barbarian ...

• Thanks 1

PRAISE VISHNU!

61e3b7f241d52bbd731290ba9ab620d613db16cc
US.FORUMS.BLIZZARD.COM

Hi all - The team has just deployed a hotfix for the Diablo IV Server Slam that will be addressing some of the feedback we’ve seen regarding Necromancer pets and their survivability. This is a backend change so users will not need to download a new update. The hotfix will take a few hours to deploy to all users. Just a reminder, the Server Slam test will be ending at 12:00PM PDT on Sunday. Thanks again to everyone who has logged in over the...

This was a HUGE complaint in this final beta so I'm really pleased the Blizzard recognized the problem and responded quickly!

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

PRAISE VISHNU!

61e3b7f241d52bbd731290ba9ab620d613db16cc
US.FORUMS.BLIZZARD.COM

Hi all - The team has just deployed a hotfix for the Diablo IV Server Slam that will be addressing some of the feedback we’ve seen regarding Necromancer pets and their survivability. This is a backend change so users will not need to download a new update. The...

This was a HUGE complaint in this final beta so I'm really pleased the Blizzard recognized the problem and responded quickly!

I guess it was intentional, but it kind of made sense to me in this beta. I’m the first beta my minions almost never died. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV (06 June 2023) - Information Thread, update: "Book of Lorath - Episode 1: Creation"
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV (06 June 2023) - Information Thread, update: Gameplay Launch Trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV (06 June 2023) - Information Thread, update: "Book of Lorath - Episode 2: Sanctuary"
social-sharing-d4-7e3539fcc0f4075622915b
NEWS.BLIZZARD.COM

Everyone should have an opportunity to play Diablo IV—see how the game’s accessibility features work towards this philosophy.

On June 6, a new plane of Hell will open, giving way to endless hours of demon-slaying fun in Diablo IV. The team saw this as an opportunity to improve the accessibility offerings within the game, and they took careful steps to ensure that every new feature added would break down barriers that kept players from playing—a flame that guided them all through development.

OUR GUIDING FLAME

“The only limitation to adventuring in Sanctuary should be interest, not capability,” said lead accessibility designer Drew McCrory when the team began ideating on the game’s potential accessibility features. Starting with the bedrock laid forth in Diablo II: Resurrected, the team began to construct accessibility features that struck a balance between being useful for players with disabilities while being careful not to mar gameplay for others. From there, the team continued to smooth out the rough edges of the features in their incubation tank until they provided additional usability without altering the core gameplay loop. What they were left with were accessibility options that empower as many players as possible.

Diablo IV hosts over 50 individual accessibility features, with some aids to dexterity, reading text, and vision highlighted below. Once you get your hands on the game, we urge you to navigate to the Settings menu and tinker with each option until the experience suits your individual needs.