Mass Effect Legendary Edition (14 May 2021) OT - Badassfully Remastered

Pikachu

12 minutes ago, Brick said:

Vanguard is combat and biotics. You're thinking of Sentinel which is tech and biotics. 

For whenever I get around to this I'm going to do a FemShep run, and I'll do Infiltrator for the tech and combat skills. My male Shepard from my original playthrough was a Vanguard and that was fun. The hybrid classes are more fun than the solo specialization classes IMO. I think even Sentinel would be more fun this time around since the only thing holding it back before was that it could only use the pistol unless you had already done another character and unlocked the achievement with a different weapon type allowing other classes to use it in subsequent playthroughs. 

I could have sworn vanguard had either overload or incinerate, and then also had warp and lift. Maybe not. I know I played Vanguard in ME1 and didn’t like the change to the class in ME2/3. 

I would be wary of any reviews that are already up. Apparently EA didn't send out copies to the press until like Tuesday or Wednesday, so unless the reviewers pulled like three all-nighters in a row, or speed ran through each game, you're probably not going to get the most in-depth review going over all the changes, and if they're all worthy enough to buy this, I mean sure for anyone who's never played these games it's a no-brainer to get this, but for anyone who has played all three, and still owns them, the question of is it worth dropping $60 for an upgrade worth it is going to be a valid one.

• Sad 1

Rose colored glasses kicked in when I bought this. I remember the combat being better, it was fine at the time , now it feels super dated. Also played ME not to long with mods and this honestly looks worse. Steam purchase makes for an easy refund. Ah well guess ill grab RE.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Rose colored glasses kicked in when I bought this. I remember the combat being better, it was fine at the time , now it feels super dated. Also played ME not to long with mods and this honestly looks worse. Steam purchase makes for an easy refund. Ah well guess ill grab RE.

That's unfortunate to read. I need more console impressions. But this doesn't sound good. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

That's unfortunate to read. I need more console impressions. But this doesn't sound good. 

If you only have played the old console version this is will be a great upgrade for you, my post is really just me complaining about me.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

If you only have played the old console version this is will be a great upgrade for you, my post is really just me complaining about me.

Ok. Yea, I only played the console versions years ago. I was literally reading reviews for it on the one x and it seems pretty solid. I'm going to play it. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Man I’m such a huge fan but I’m not sure if I’m ready to replay yet. I was kinda hoping they would have waited until later this gen for a current gen only release with ray tracing and after a little more time passed!

This Ray Tracing. Is he your boyfriend? You talk about that shit like you hitting it. 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

This Ray Tracing. Is he your boyfriend? You talk about that shit like you hitting it. 🤣

That’s fiancé to you, mister! It’s the holy grail of video game rendering and it seemed so much further away back before the 2000 series and now it’s already bringing in some amazing results and we haven’t even come close to the potential (and to be fair are still a ways away from modern games with full path tracing). Also when we move to games that only work with ray tracing then maybe devs can use all the time saved faking shadows and shit and focus on unique asset creation instead!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

That’s fiancé to you, mister! It’s the holy grail of video game rendering and it seemed so much further away back before the 2000 series and now it’s already bringing in some amazing results and we haven’t even come close to the potential (and to be fair are still a ways away from modern games with full path tracing). Also when we move to games that only work with ray tracing then maybe devs can use all the time saved faking shadows and shit and focus on unique asset creation instead!

Relax I'm just bustin your balls. lol

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Don't hate on stepee because he's got a sick setup! But he does talk about it a lot lol.

I assume you mean his massive penis, but while he does mention it frequently, it’s still not enough for my tastes... 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I assume you mean his massive penis, but while he does mention it frequently, it’s still not enough for my tastes... 

What’s awesome is that I talked about it so much that I don’t have to talk about it anymore as people talk about it for me. Now that my friend is braggadocio Biggie Smalls himself would be proud of. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

What’s awesome is that I talked about it so much that I don’t have to talk about it anymore as people talk about it for me. Now that my friend is braggadocio Biggie Smalls himself would be proud of. 

Biggie Smalls GIF

On 5/14/2021 at 7:22 PM, Keyser_Soze said:
Y9HiTeaGet7dafSHM4NyNF-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

It's mainly technical issues bothering the first players of the remastered trilogy.

On XSX and I ran into a bug. Trying to play the game while using a wireless headset causes the game to crash. EA’s aware of it, so I’m sure they’ll have a fix/patch soon. 

• Sad 1

That's actually really cool to hear. When I first started reading this I expected to read that the dead name was still used as an oversight because BioWare didn't know, and "BioWare can you please update for my cousin", but BioWare had already done it without even being asked!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brick said:

That's actually really cool to hear. When I first started reading this I expected to read that the dead name was still used as an oversight because BioWare didn't know, and "BioWare can you please update for my cousin", but BioWare had already done it without even being asked!

That's really cool.

Aside from the story and the universe, what really makes this series special was the direction. I forgot just how cinematic this series was. Conversations aren't just conversations. Cutscenes aren't just cutscenes. There's actual cinematography in play. The framing and placement of everything in a scene is deliberate. Not to mention the sound design is still incredible. It really is like watching a sci-fi epic.

I really don't think anything has been like it since.