Mass Effect Legendary Edition (14 May 2021) OT - Badassfully Remastered

Pikachu

51 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I've still being paragon (have it full on ME3 after the Citadel II mission), but I've been getting my scars back since I have around two sections of my renegade filled.

It's a lot more fun changing it up and trying to answer more how I'd answer or how I think this Shepard should answer than keeping it 100% paragon. 

This was one thing I liked about Andromeda. They ditched the idea you had to aim for 100% Paragon or Renegade. You felt like you had more freedom of choice. 

I've always answered how I or my Shepard would answer. Luckily that's never felt constraining as I always end up with full paragon and maybe up to a third renegade filled. As such I've always been able to pass the hard conversation checks.

9 hours ago, Brick said:

@best3444 watch it. Get hyped. Play it.

That did get me hyped. I have two games lined up but then I'm going back to ME. Thanks for the video. It brought back memories of my initial playthrough on 360. It's amazing that I remember so much from just a simple trailer. That tells you how memorable the game really is.

It seemed a bit of a waste to buy this for my One S, but now that I've got my Series X set up, I'm downloading now. :sun:

I've been bouncing between a bunch of games recently, but I'm guessing that once I boot up ME1, it'll keep me focused for a while. 

53 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It seemed a bit of a waste to buy this for my One S, but now that I've got my Series X set up, I'm downloading now. :sun:

I've been bouncing between a bunch of games recently, but I'm guessing that once I boot up ME1, it'll keep me focused for a while. 

Congrats on the xsx. That's awesome. You have a lot of games to check out etc. 

Decided to start ME2 tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. Reading reviews has me hyped. I have great memories with that game.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps will have to take a backsit for now. It's always a fun game to come play when in a drought.

Approximately 5 hours into ME2. It's such a step above part 1 in all aspects. They did a good job with the visuals, too. I'm playing it like a 3rd person shooter and the combat is so much better than part 1. I like how this game doesn't waste any time and gets right to the point as well.

It's a great game. 

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

Approximately 5 hours into ME2. It's such a step above part 1 in all aspects. They did a good job with the visuals, too. I'm playing it like a 3rd person shooter and the combat is so much better than part 1. I like how this game doesn't waste any time and gets right to the point as well.

It's a great game. 

Hell yeah it is! When you go from 1 straight to 2 the differences are very stark. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 9:48 PM, Hurricane Game said:

Hell yeah it is! When you go from 1 straight to 2 the differences are very stark. 

I can't emphasize this enough. I played 3 more hours of it today and it's leagues better in every respect than part 1.

It's just so well made and holds up incredibly well after all these years. 

My save files got wiped. I still can save but it doesn't tell me how long I've been playing. Says 0 hours played. No biggie but I would have liked to see how much time I put into this. I'd guess I'm 10 hours in or so.

Credits roll on ME1. I took about 17 hours, doing a decent amount of side stuff. I really appreciate all the changes they made. I love the original game, but it definitely needed some updates to be fun in 2021. 

It felt good to play through a full game like this. I don't think I've done that since TLOU2 last summer. I probably won't jump into ME2 right away (going to explore some Game Pass content on my series X) but I'm looking forward to it. 

On 7/19/2021 at 3:20 PM, best3444 said:

My save files got wiped. I still can save but it doesn't tell me how long I've been playing. Says 0 hours played. No biggie but I would have liked to see how much time I put into this. I'd guess I'm 10 hours in or so.

I think this is just a bug in the collection for ME2. Best I could figure the play time was only per session and not total play time. 

it didn’t affect anything, but it was funny in ME3 importing a character from a 13 minute ME2 game completion. lol

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I think this is just a bug in the collection for ME2. Best I could figure the play time was only per session and not total play time. 

Yeah, I had the same issue. Finished ME2 with about 4.5 hours playtime lol 

ME3, on the other hand...finished it with about 115 hours of playtime! I left the game in idle mode or whatever it's called & didn't get back to it for a few days. It included all of those hours as playtime lol

1 minute ago, TheRealSmallville said:

ME3, on the other hand...finished it with about 115 hours of playtime! I left the game in idle mode or whatever it's called & didn't get back to it for a few days. It included all of those hours as playtime lol

for that reason I always back out the menu. I’m a weirdo, but I like having my actual game time played recorded. In some games this means I’ll even close the game so Xbox and XBL won’t keep the game time running while the system is in standby, because some games will. 

Yeah, @best3444, I signed in to ME2 to check my journal to be sure I didn’t have any quests left unfinished, and check the Galaxy map to be sure there was nowhere else I wanted to go. The game auto saved and that was the file ME3 went to import. Everything imported fine. I got my bonuses for resources, credits, and level. 

as for ME2, it knows. It never loaded the wrong save file or anything like that. You’re only missing out on seeing your total play time. So nothing to be worried about. 

• Thanks 1

I forgot I had a couple other points about my ME experience. It might be because of the tweaks they made to the combat experience, but it was a lot easier than I remember. I normally stick to the default difficulty on long, story-heavy games like this, but at points it was just too easy. I was taking out dudes with 1-2 pistol shots towards the end, often using my abilities when I got bored, not because I needed to. And Mako sections were similarly trivial (except for Thresher Maws). In most cases I didn't even bother trying to avoid shots when I was driving, and I almost never lost shields. 

I didn't buy a single thing from a shop. Early on, everything is too expensive, and then by the time you have money you can just find equipment that's good enough. Maybe on a higher difficulty that becomes necessary, or maybe I missed out on some cool items because I just straight up ignored the shops after a while. Not a complaint, I just thought that was kinda funny. Likewise, I had a massive supply of omni-gel at a certain point and nothing to really use it on, so I eventually just used it to skip every 4 second hacking sequence. They are so easy, it felt like a waste, but also they're stupid, so I didn't mind skipping them.:lol:

Towards the end, when I was mopping up a bunch of side quests, I forgot that you hit a point where you can't return to the Citadel. I didn't mind, since I'm the farthest thing from a completionist, but I got mildly annoyed at how that was handled in the Journal. Some things got greyed out because you couldn't complete them, but not everything. 

I remember the difficulty in ME1 being like that. That you could quickly feel like you outleveled the last third of the game. For me being able to use a sniper rifle on a Vanguard definitely made the game feel MUCH easier. I’m no longer limited to pistol accuracy range. Even if my pistol became just as powerful due to being able to put point into it. 

In the original, even on Insanity, I could run through enemies as early as Eden Prime. Two tapping with a pistol on my imported character. 

ME2 was and still is a noticeable difficulty spike, and ME3 comes back down a bit. Although on Insanity with a new game plus character ME3 is probably the easiest thing in the franchise. 

I've been playing this every day for the last week or so, and I've re-fallen in love with this franchise. I'm still on the first game, but I've restarted it a bunch of times as I've learned more and more of the game play. First, I started off as a soldier, not even realizing I could start as anything else. Then I read something on vanguards and decided to play that until I got my advanced class. Found I didn't really like up close combat (which the shotgun seems to be the go to weapon for that) so I rerolled one more time as an Infiltrator, and I love that class. I love sniper rifles, although to be honest, I've been using the pistole almost all the way through. It's kind of nice that I have the throw ability (which I think was from reaching the advanced class of vanguard, although I don't know if the infiltrator gets it any way).

I've been doing the UNC missions, which a lot of people didn't like, but I do, so there's that. I've only done the rescue Liara mission so far, but this weekend I'll probably blow through the rest of the game before moving onto 2.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe they should have done it in the first place.

I mean that would have been nice, but the source code was corrupted, and the amount of work it would take to recreate it would probably been too much and not worth it for them. Even this mod, while impressive, is it as high a quality as the rest of the remastered game? 

4 hours ago, Brick said:

I mean that would have been nice, but the source code was corrupted, and the amount of work it would take to recreate it would probably been too much and not worth it for them. Even this mod, while impressive, is it as high a quality as the rest of the remastered game? 

That's a cute little excuse but according to the blog post this project began in September of this year and came out on the 7th of this month. So that's 3 months for a small team of modders (4 people) to do it. Imagine how quickly a AAA video game company could do it. As far as how it looks, it shares assets with Legendary Edition which if you consider is high quality looking looks about as high quality as the rest of the game.