Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Okay now that it seems more likely that Biden did assault this woman, what are the options?

• Biden denies the credible corroborations, the Democrats (and their voters) stick their heads in the sand and pretend they didn't hear
  • Biden admits he's made some mistakes, but says he is better than Trump, asks for forgiveness
  • Push grows to remove Biden. Replace with who? DNC won't accept Sanders. They install someone else like Cuomo by changing the rules?
  • Run Raback Omaba, a weirdly familiar-looking man with a moustache.
  • Wild card: Jimmy Carher returns for second term

You forgot Biden dies and everyone forgets any of this happened.

Do enough voters care about these allegations?  Trump admitted to assaulting women on tape and he won. Democrats may be more sensitive to these issues, but who knows these days. Biden could probably just say yeah it was me, but I am an old man now, so sorry. Look at the clown over there!

edit: I’m not convinced her story is true. I would need to do more research. Aren’t there some stories about her lying in the past? 

With that said, Biden is creepy and it’s hard to believe he didn’t do something like this to someone. 

3 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Do enough voters care about these allegations?  Trump admitted to assaulting women on tape and he won. Democrats may be more sensitive to these issues, but who knows these days. Biden could probably just say yeah it was me, but I am an old man now, so sorry. Look at the clown over there!

You misspelled "lying, dog-faced pony soldier".

6 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

edit: I’m not convinced her story is true. I would need to do more research. Aren’t there some stories about her lying in the past? 

With that said, Biden is creepy and it’s hard to believe he didn’t do something like this to someone. 

It may not be something the general electorate cares about but it's definitely something a significant part of the Democratic base is going to care about. The "believe women" crowd who still won't admit that Franken shouldn't have been run out, for example. It won't cost the Democrats California but it could be enough to cause problems in tight states.

8 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Sexual assault? Yeah, voters would care about that. And you can't compare anyone to Trump, normality doesn't apply to him.

Like I said before, I'm cool if the Dems want to talk about this and be concerned by it, and denounce Biden because of it... fine... but if a Trump supporters says one thing about Biden's allegation they should be punched right in the mouth.

Just no. Shut up forever. You can have no moral outrage over this.

This story isn't gonna go away. Fox News dot com has been hitting it hard this week, because they are evil immoral shitlords without even an ounce of shame, credibility or intellectual honesty. They care about literally nothing, nothing at all... besides keeping Republicans in power. That is their only purpose. Every single story they put out has this goal in mind and nothing else.

I think many Democrats are about to find themselves in exactly the position a lot of conventional center-right Republicans who voted for Trump were in 2016.

”How can you vote for him?  He’s done horrible stuff to women!”

”Yeah, I know, but his opponent, whom I hate with the fury of a thousand suns, is much worse, so...”

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

I hate to agree with the DW turds, but this makes the Dems look like horrendous hypocrites after the Kavanaugh fiasco.

Because Donald Trump became President when the first Indiana Jones movie released in theaters, my timeline is totally off, but was the Franken allegations before or after Kavanaugh?

22 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I think many Democrats are about to find themselves in exactly the position a lot of conventional center-right Republicans who voted for Trump were in 2016.

”How can you vote for him?  He’s done horrible stuff to women!”

”Yeah, I know, but his opponent, whom I hate with the fury of a thousand suns, is much worse, so...”

Except the awful shit about Trump is actually true and not a bunch of made up conspiracies.

I'm going to feel gross voting for Biden in November. I think Dems have fucked themselves. But I cannot in good conscience vote for Trump because his awfulness extends far beyond his abuse of women. I've already said I'll be a single issue voter with the SCOTUS.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

It may not be something the general electorate cares about but it's definitely something a significant part of the Democratic base is going to care about. The "believe women" crowd who still won't admit that Franken shouldn't have been run out, for example. It won't cost the Democrats California but it could be enough to cause problems in tight states.

Will it though? Do you think that the typical Dem Voter in Michigan, or Wisconsin or Ohio or Pennsylvania is the typical "believe women" voter? Those voters strike as being more conservative Democratic voters than Democratic voters in NY or California. Also I don't know if a lot of people are really giving this allegation a lot of credence considering that Biden was Vice President for 8 years and had been in congress for what, 40 years or so before that? I think they should definitely investigate the allegations if there's something there but it seems like there isn't? I don't know. 

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Will it though? Do you think that the typical Dem Voter in Michigan, or Wisconsin or Ohio or Pennsylvania is the typical "believe women" voter? Those voters strike as being more conservative Democratic voters than Democratic voters in NY or California. Also I don't know if a lot of people are really giving this allegation a lot of credence considering that Biden was Vice President for 8 years and had been in congress for what, 40 years or so before that? I think they should definitely investigate the allegations if there's something there but it seems like there isn't? I don't know. 

Not the typical voters in those states, no, but Trump won Michigan by 10,704. We're not talking needing massive numbers of people to stay home to swing this. 

33 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Women in these states might care. Suburban women are supposedly a swing demographic.  Sexual assault isn't just a coastal thing. 

I'd reconsider the bold though. "Why didn't she speak up earlier" isn't a good look in the context of sexual assault allegations against the powerful.

But I understand the want of many in the party, rank and file to party leaders, and not saying you by any means, to just sweep this under the rug and move on so they're just going to ignore this. There's been a lot of kavanaugh era tweets that have disappeared regarding "believe women" that is troubling.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Women in these states might care. Suburban women are supposedly a swing demographic.  Sexual assault isn't just a coastal thing. 

I'd reconsider the bold though. "Why didn't she speak up earlier" isn't a good look in the context of sexual assault allegations against the powerful.

But I understand the want of many in the party, rank and file to party leaders, and not saying you by any means, to just sweep this under the rug and move on so they're just going to ignore this. There's been a lot of kavanaugh era tweets that have disappeared regarding "believe women" that is troubling.

Are you talking about the same suburban women who voted for Trump despite the "Grab 'em by the pussy tape" and the numerous allegations against Trump and his confirmed infidelity? Those suburban women? I guess they could hold Biden to a different standard :shrug: and I'm definitely not in the "sweep it under the rug crowd" and I don't know who is... as I said

49 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think they should definitely investigate the allegations if there's something there but it seems like there isn't? I don't know. 

So investigate it.

10 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Except the awful shit about Trump is actually true and not a bunch of made up conspiracies.

I'm going to feel gross voting for Biden in November. I think Dems have fucked themselves. But I cannot in good conscience vote for Trump because his awfulness extends far beyond his abuse of women. I've already said I'll be a single issue voter with the SCOTUS.

I understand that, and I’m not even saying you’re wrong—I just think a lot of center-right conservatives made the same calculation in 2016. Particularly the part about SCOTUS.  That’s one (of quite a few) reasons why Trump’s approval is always underwater.  And one reason he got elected despite being largely disliked by the center-right.  I think a lot of John Kasich/Mitt Romney-ish conservatives honestly don’t really like him, even now, and don’t condone his “grab ‘em by the pussy” antics.

Not really trying to say anything other than that.  And maybe that moderate Democrats have more in common with moderate Republicans than it seems.  Not that it’ll count for anything electorally anytime soon.

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Are you talking about the same suburban women who voted for Trump despite the "Grab 'em by the pussy tape" and the numerous allegations against Trump and his confirmed infidelity? Those suburban women? I guess they could hold Biden to a different standard :shrug: and I'm definitely not in the "sweep it under the rug crowd" and I don't know who is... as I said

So investigate it.

They absolutely could hold him to a different standard. And it could be enough to keep voters home instead of coming for Biden. People's motivations for voting doesn't always make sense.

8 hours ago, Jose said:

Honestly the best strategy here is for Biden to just ignore this ala the blackfaces of VA.

That's not what happened with governor or AG blackface, let alone Lt Gov rape allegation. Gov and AG came out fully admitting to everything, and then some. Northam even had an investigation into whether he was the guy in blackface or the klansman in the infamous picture. Lt Gov rape allegation is still fighting it in public, as recently as last week.

But they (AG and Governor) came clean and rode it out, which may be the best path forward for Biden. Sucks that we're stuck with Biden, and this whole ordeal is making hypocrites of a lot of otherwise well meaning people, but here we are. 

I'll say it again: I already know one lifelong Democrat who will not vote Republican but can't vote for Biden under these circumstances. This is not some centrist Democrat; she's easily to the left, a straight-ticket Democratic voter, attended an Obama/Biden rally in 08, and lives in a swing state. She'd rather wait for a better Democrat in 2024 than vote for someone who would compromise her morals (her words). I highly doubt she's alone. Maybe she'll hold her nose once it gets close to election day since it's easier to say that months in advance, but feminists like her are less likely to go, "They're all lying!" because that's not what she believes.

imo, the Democrats will hold him to a different standard, not necessarily the swing voter who voted for Trump after all that came out about him.

15 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'll say it again: I already know one lifelong Democrat who will not vote Republican but can't vote for Biden under these circumstances. This is not some centrist Democrat; she's easily to the left, a straight-ticket Democratic voter, attended an Obama/Biden rally in 08, and lives in a swing state. She'd rather wait for a better Democrat in 2024 than vote for someone who would compromise her morals (her words). I highly doubt she's alone. Maybe she'll hold her nose once it gets close to election day since it's easier to say that months in advance, but feminists like her are less likely to go, "They're all lying!" because that's not what she believes.

imo, the Democrats will hold him to a different standard, not necessarily the swing voter who voted for Trump after all that came out about him.

Win or lose, there's zero chance we don't have another choice in 2024. Biden is too old.

Unless he somehow miraculously becomes the next fdr lmao

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Win or lose, there's zero chance we don't have another choice in 2024. Biden is too old.

With this story, his selection for VP (which he already said would be a woman) is doubly important, I think, to acknowledge the concerns of the base.

59 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

They absolutely could hold him to a different standard. And it could be enough to keep voters home instead of coming for Biden. People's motivations for voting doesn't always make sense.

That's not what happened with governor or AG blackface, let alone Lt Gov rape allegation. Gov and AG came out fully admitting to everything, and then some. Northam even had an investigation into whether he was the guy in blackface or the klansman in the infamous picture. Lt Gov rape allegation is still fighting it in public, as recently as last week.

But they (AG and Governor) came clean and rode it out, which may be the best path forward for Biden. Sucks that we're stuck with Biden, and this whole ordeal is making hypocrites of a lot of otherwise well meaning people, but here we are. 

He could admit that he may have acted inappropriately but did not do what she is alleging and then just carry on business as usual.

Either way,  believe all women ends here.