Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

12 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

My bold prediction: Democrats will do better in Texas this year than Ohio. I'm not saying they will win Texas, only that the statewide margin will be closer.

I don't know who this person is, but I already dislike him.

Some Sanders Supporters May Vote Third Party... or Not At All

This article... whoa. It DOES indicate that most Sanders voters WILL vote for Biden, just not enthusiastically, but some of these takes...

In interviews with two dozen Sanders primary voters across the country this week, there was a nearly universal lack of enthusiasm for Mr. Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee. Some called him a less formidable candidate than Hillary Clinton was in 2016. Many were skeptical of his ability to beat Mr. Trump. Others were quick to critique Mr. Biden’s sometimes incoherent speech. Taken together, the voters’ doubts raised questions about how many would show up for Mr. Biden in November, including their likelihood to volunteer and organize for him, an important measure of enthusiasm. In a poll last month, four out of five Sanders supporters said they would vote for Mr. Biden, with 15 percent saying they would cross over to Mr. Trump, about the same share that did so in 2016.

Some Sanders primary voters said they would back a third-party candidate, a few said they would vote for Mr. Trump, and some were wavering about voting at all. Daniel Ray, 27, of Lancaster, Penn., planned to write in Tulsi Gabbard, the congresswoman from Hawaii who ended her long-shot bid for the Democratic nomination last month.

WHY?!

In Facebook groups for Sanders supporters and on Twitter, cynicism persisted about the olive branches on policy that Mr. Biden has offered to progressives and, at the extreme, some accused Mr. Sanders of selling out his leftist movement.

Nathaniel Kesselring of Tucson voted for Mr. Sanders in the Arizona primary but said he would not vote for Mr. Biden because progressives should not compromise on issues like “Medicare for all” and free public college tuition.

“If we don’t declare as a movement that this isn’t good enough,” Mr. Kesselring said, referring to Mr. Biden’s moderate policies, “then the Democratic Party has every right to ignore us. I hate the idea of Donald Trump being president for another term, but if that’s what we need to do to make these people take us seriously, that’s what needs to be done.” “I hate it,” repeated Mr. Kesselring, 45, the vice president of a buyer’s club for diabetes products. “I hate it. But I’m not moving.”

One survey after the 2016 election indicated that 12 percent of Mr. Sanders’s primary voters ended up voting for Mr. Trump in the general election. Another 8 percent of Sanders supporters voted for a third-party candidate, and 3 percent did not vote. The numbers were in line with past elections when a losing candidate’s primary voters did not support the nominee. But because the 2016 race was so close, with Mr. Trump winning by less than one percentage point in three crucial Rust Belt states, the Sanders drop-off voters helped tilt the election away from Mrs. Clinton.

This take right here... 

“Joe Biden, he seems fake to me,” said Jacob Davids, 21, a college student in Milwaukee. “I don’t know his policies, and if you haven’t put enough effort into P.R. and media to make viewers like me know where you stand, I’m not going to vote for you.”

He's young so I won't be TOO hard on him but... damn. Biden had been around for DECADES and was a two term vice president. It's not that hard to find out what his positions are. And I feel bad for this poor girl and the trolling she's going to get online

Nathalia Calderon, 34, of Milford, Mich, said that before the state’s primary on March 10, which was a kind of last stand for Mr. Sanders, she had planned to vote for the Vermont senator. But she changed her mind before the election and voted for Mr. Biden instead. “I believed in all the things Bernie wanted to do, but then I was doing a little more research and realized what he wanted to do wasn’t realistic,’’ she said. “When someone promises you the moon, most likely it isn’t going to happen.” She voted for Mr. Biden in the primary and looks forward to doing so again in November.

Poor thing, she has no idea what she's brought on herself. and THIS Guy:

Kevin Ridler, 55, voted for Mr. Sanders in this year’s Democratic primary and cast a ballot for Mr. Trump in the 2016 general election. Mr. Ridler lives in rural western Iowa and is the president of a railway maintenance workers’ local in the Midwest. He said he had believed Mr. Trump’s promises that he would be a friend of American workers. Immediately after the election, Mr. Ridler said, his union’s railroad employer refused to renegotiate a contract, citing a “new political climate,” and workers were forced to take a pay cut. Mr. Ridler now calls his vote for Mr. Trump “a mistake” that he will not repeat. He supported Mr. Sanders in Iowa’s caucuses. But he has a powerful dislike of Mr. Biden, whom he called dishonest, throwing in a few epithets. “I think he’s got dementia,” he said. “Honestly, I hate to not vote at all,” he said, speaking from a railway bridge under construction outside Jefferson City, Mo. “I know that’s not the right thing to do, but that’s kind of what’s going to happen here.”

I mean, I just DO NOT understand any Union Worker who votes Republican... I know plenty that do but I just don't get it. Talk about voting against your own interests!

This guy right here takes the prize though

Robert Grullon, 29, a carpenter at a door factory near Melbourne, Fla., liked Mr. Sanders’s promises to raise the minimum wage and provide health care for all. “We love Bernie,” he said. “Bernie’s our guy.” He complained that Hispanic voters and black voters — he is third-generation Dominican-American — tend to support Democrats but don’t get much back. “When are they going to have something for blacks and Hispanics, just for us?” he said. Mr. Biden struck him as just another politician in a blue suit. “To tell you the truth, Trump might get my vote,” he said. “Donald Trump is a person who’s always been known in our community — I like hip-hop — we idolized him because he was a billionaire, he has been in rap videos, he has friends who are African-American.”

I know dudes JUST like this guy smdh. 

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Some Sanders Supporters May Vote Third Party... or Not At All

This article... whoa. It DOES indicate that most Sanders voters WILL vote for Biden, just not enthusiastically, but some of these takes...

WHY?!

This take right here... 

He's young so I won't be TOO hard on him but... damn. Biden had been around for DECADES and was a two term vice president. It's not that hard to find out what his positions are. And I feel bad for this poor girl and the trolling she's going to get online

Poor thing, she has no idea what she's brought on herself. and THIS Guy:

I mean, I just DO NOT understand any Union Worker who votes Republican... I know plenty that do but I just don't get it. Talk about voting against your own interests!

This guy right here takes the prize though

I know dudes JUST like this guy smdh. 

Bernie voters like Joe more, and dislike him less, than Bernie voters did Clinton four years ago. It will be fine. There are some dead enders but taking your ball and going home doesn't get you anything but contempt and there's just not that many people who really are Bernie or bust

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Bernie voters like Joe more, and dislike him less, than Bernie voters did Clinton four years ago. It will be fine. There are some dead enders but taking your ball and going home doesn't get you anything but contempt and there's just not that many people who really are Bernie or bust

Yes the article did say that most Bernie supporters are on board but some of those takes that were highlighted :doh:

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Probably true.

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That's true, but something I wonder would not get much coverage if it's more widespread than she: I have a friend who's not a Bernie Stan, voting enthusiastically for Obama and Biden and attending their rallies. Despite that, she's not voting for Biden after the sexual assault allegations. She doesn't want to compromise her morals and she'd rather wait for a better Democrat in 2024.

She's a straight Democratic ticket feminist voter.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

That's true, but something I wonder would not get much coverage if it's more widespread than she: I have a friend who's not a Bernie Stan, voting enthusiastically for Obama and Biden and attending their rallies. Despite that, she's not voting for Biden after the sexual assault allegations. She doesn't want to compromise her morals and she'd rather wait for a better Democrat in 2024.

I don't understand this. She should vote for Biden to prevent Trump from winning, and then if there is any legitimacy to the claims against Biden he'll step down and his female VP takes over as President. :cool:

:p

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

She sounds like the kind of person who was in favor of running out Al Franken because obviously a questionable picture and being rude to someone on the phone is equivalent to rape.

6 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

We have fairly decent Republicans for which to vote; and over all they are just flat out better than their Democratic counterparts. 

Well, too bad they’re all complicit in the greatest network of corruption in the nation’s history.

1 minute ago, Uaarkson said:

Well, too bad they’re all complicit in the greatest network of corruption in the nation’s history.

... and our Democrats do that locally, more so than our Republicans, it’s well documented.

At the end of the day, they are all politicians. You’re choosing for best impact. That’s how you end up with Brown and Dewine winning their elected positions. 

1 hour ago, Commodore D said:

... and our Democrats do that locally, more so than our Republicans, it’s well documented.

At the end of the day, they are all politicians. You’re choosing for best impact. That’s how you end up with Brown and Dewine winning their elected positions. 

Can you link to said documentation? I know nothing about Ohio politics but I don't think as a whole anyone cane still look at The Dems and Republicans and say there's no difference there regarding what both parties have become. That ship has sailed a long time ago. The Republican party of today has become something dangerous to society masquerading as political party.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Can you link to said documentation? I know nothing about Ohio politics but I don't think as a whole anyone cane still look at The Dems and Republicans and say there's no difference there regarding what both parties have become. That ship has sailed a long time ago. The Republican party of today has become something dangerous to society masquerading as political party.

Dimora, Mason, Budish, Jackson, Turner, search away (easily).

The politicians in Ohio are fairly down the middle. The way the state is set up, it forces them to be. Edit: Kasich is a good, as is Jackson (mayor of Cleveland) example. Watch early to now Dewine covid footage. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's one of those things that could be interpreted either way. It's common for politicians to believe one thing and then suddenly believe another thing (fake) to get support. It's also possible for a politician to honesty not care either way, but hold an "opinion" for a long time because they think people want to hear it, and then change it when they realize public opinion has shifted (see: Obama and gay marriage).