Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

On 10/30/2020 at 12:41 PM, Spork3245 said:

It gives time to refute them, delegitimize them, and call them into question. Trump’s game-plan is likely to prevent a legally unambiguous win for Biden, call into question the election’s legitimacy, prevent the formation of a consensus as to whether there is any election outcome at all, and potentially seize onto that uncertainty to hold onto power.

On 10/30/2020 at 12:44 PM, Spork3245 said:

The problem I keep running into when I search for things to calm my concerns is that mostly everything seems to be unwritten norms and/or precedents. Show me I’m wrong. Please, I want actual laws and safeguards.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:01 PM, Spork3245 said:

Hey, I don’t think the country survives it either should it happen  :p 

The problem is, I’m listening to what the orange man and is cheeto sucking sycophants have been screaming for the past 6+ months. He’s been trying to delegitimize the election results since like April when his approval ratings began plunging. I don’t see him leaving willingly, and there just doesn’t seem to be a hell of a lot of actual safeguards in place, which is worrisome. I do not see a path, outside of a landslide Biden victory, that Trump doesn’t at least attempt to contest the election results.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:03 PM, Spork3245 said:

@PaladinSolo
Just so we’re clear, btw, my argument isn’t that what I’ve posted is 100% going to happen - it’s that having the concern is not unfounded, nor is it “bizarre”

On 10/30/2020 at 1:26 PM, Spork3245 said:

It’s insane to have concerns that Trump is going to do what he’s been saying and setting up to do?

On 10/30/2020 at 1:30 PM, Spork3245 said:

And why can’t it be? What laws prevent it from being completely out of the realm of any possibility?

On 10/30/2020 at 1:32 PM, Spork3245 said:

There’s no mechanism to contest an elections legitimacy/results?

On 10/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, Spork3245 said:

In which ways am I “fantasizing” that’s impossible?

On 10/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, Spork3245 said:

What mechanism prevents it?

On 10/30/2020 at 1:44 PM, Spork3245 said:

So, there’s nothing stopping it besides norms and precedents. :p 
There’s obviously a missing link in the post you quoted prior to “hold onto power”, it doesn’t just happen from creating uncertainty, obviously.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:46 PM, Spork3245 said:

Of course it’s not guaranteed to happen, and I don’t 100% believe it even will. I’m only arguing that the concern is not illegitimate.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:59 PM, Spork3245 said:

Of course it’s not helpful, but it’s also not helpful to call people insane for having the concern. 

There’s people itt thread acting like it’s 100% impossible and anyone who thinks otherwise is out of their mind, then there’s people itt on the exact opposite thinking that this is guaranteed to happen and we’re all doomed no matter what happens in the election.
There’s a middle ground that, IMO, is the most sane: know the election matters, listen to the polls, but keep an eye on what the GOP/Trump do and say. Am I saying that some unprecedented BS is guaranteed to happen? No, of course not - I’m saying that a worry of potential attempts is valid. You can be concerned, but also not have it overwhelm you, and writing it off completely is potentially just as bad.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:06 PM, Spork3245 said:

You’ve yet to name these definitive protective mechanisms. You also continue to misrepresent the argument as being people claiming the SCOTUS magically declares Trump god-king: that’s not what’s being said at all.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, Spork3245 said:

I saw :sun:

I’ve been bringing it up a lot lately, but only because the dismissiveness and name calling to those with concerns is just flat-out insulting. I get that some are certainly being hyperbolic with said concerns, but to act like having ANY concerns what-so-over makes one inferior in some way is baffling. I have concerns, but I also recognize and have stated that they are (hopefully) unlikely to occur, BUT, it’s in the back of my head, and with good reason.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, Spork3245 said:

I never said they’d rule to protect Trump, especially not in the way you’ve been presenting it. 

I haven’t brought up SCOTUS at all in this conversation, you’ve been, in addition to making assumptions on my purposefully vague “potentially seize onto that uncertainty to hold onto power” statement as to the “how” of it. I will say the concern others are having in regards to SCOTUS is them allowing the electors to vote on their own by the election results “not being valid due to fraud” or some other such nonsense. Do I find this likely? I said SO MANY times now that I do not, however, the concern is also not unfounded.

@sblfilms I highlighted some key moments here for you

• Haha 1

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

What I would live to see is what Russia has to say about Trump. Remember, no matter how secret Trump kept a deal between him and Putin at least one other guy knows about that deal(and probably recorded it)

It could be glorious how fast these people turn on him once he is no longer useful to them.