Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

10 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Because Susan Rice has Executive level and foreign policy experience that Harris doesn't have.  Rice is easily better positioned to take over if Biden decided to retire early than Harris.

I think we see Rice as Sec State instead, and we go into 2024 with Harris/Rice, or something similar (assume Biden wins).

You know, this talk of single-term is really interesting in one way: Assuming he wins, what if Biden steps down in early 2023, making Harris the Presidential incumbent going into 2024? In Parliamentary democracies this is very common. You resign with enough time for your successor to build up a small record and be known as the leader.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

You know, this talk of single-term is really interesting in one way: Assuming he wins, what if Biden steps down in early 2023, making Harris the Presidential incumbent going into 2024? In Parliamentary democracies this is very common. You resign with enough time for your successor to build up a small record and be known as the leader.

That is the assumption for Biden that I have been working on all along.

If he resigns in early 2023, that will allow Harris to serve the remainder of his term, run for her first term in 2024, and then run again for a theoretical second term in 2028.

My assumption was that Rice was the most "qualified" of the potential picks for that scenario to play out.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

That is the assumption for Biden that I have been working on all along.

If he resigns in early 2023, that will allow Harris to serve the remainder of his term, run for her first term in 2024, and then run again for a theoretical second term in 2028.

My assumption was that Rice was the most "qualified" of the potential picks for that scenario to play out.

Is there any reason to feel this way? I haven’t read / seen anything that would suggest this, and little about what I know if Biden’s personality suggests he’d tap out.

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Is there any reason to feel this way? I haven’t read / seen anything that would suggest this, and little about what I know if Biden’s personality suggests he’d tap out.

Other than my own personal instincts and potentially Biden's internal feelings/his family's influence?  Not really, but I certainly put its possibility well into "non-zero" territory.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Other than my own personal instincts and potentially Biden's internal feelings/his family's influence?  Not really, but I certainly put its possibility well into "non-zero" territory.

Fair enough. Dunno who in their right mind would sign up for this shit with the notion of only being president for a couple years... but I suppose the retort to that writes itself. :p

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Fair enough. Dunno who in their right mind would sign up for this shit with the notion of only being president for a couple years... but I suppose the retort to that writes itself. :p

Apparently (and this is unconfirmed), Biden's main reason for running is that he wants Trump gone, he has no major guiding principle or objective. His main motivation is not running in 2016, believing that he could have defeated Trump, that he is responsible for Trump. If that is true, I would understand him serving 3/4 a single term and then stepping aside.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Apparently (and this is unconfirmed), Biden's main reason for running is that he wants Trump gone, he has no major guiding principle or objective. His main motivation is not running in 2016, believing that he could have defeated Trump, that he is responsible for Trump. If that is true, I would understand him serving 3/4 a single term and then stepping aside.

This is exactly my thoughts as well.

Biden knows his time has past, but if he's the one to eject The Imbecile from the White House, then so be it.  If/when that's done, then he can work to hand off the reins to his successor.

2 hours ago, Firewithin said:

over/under on how long it takes for the orange one to say some racist shit about her?

25 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

He can easily do both, Trevor - you didn't think that one through long enough in your rush to post that meme.

The general public is going sexist, claiming she's incompetent because she only got her position by sleeping to the top.