Dems Reject Legalization Policy Platform

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/democratic-party-delegates-reject-marijuana-legalization-amendment-to-2020-policy-platform/

That document calls for decriminalizing cannabis possession, automatic expungements of prior marijuana convictions, federal rescheduling through executive action, legalizing medical cannabis and allowing states to set their own laws. Like presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, it stops short of endorsing adult-use legalization.

And of course Barbra Lee voted No,  I mean shes only the co chair for the cannabis caucus 

15 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Jesus christ the party platform means nothing. 

So instead of giving people something purely symbolic to get excited about...they're insisting on seeming like thumbing their noses at the progressive part of their base over nothing.

Biden won and is controlling the levers. Yet there is talk that the house is going to vote of Nadler’s Bill in September. Another article I read had a senator saying that if they get a majority, they’re voting for full legalization regardless of Biden. We shall see. 

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This also leaves them open to Trump declaring support for legal pot.

He wont do it. From his “Christian” sector that still think the drug is pure evil. Plus history with his brother and drugs (although more to do with alcohol if I’m not mistaken) To his “promises” to the various minority groups that he will then turn his back against. I don’t think we have to worry about him getting their vote potential. Think this would also be more of an appeal to the younger voters. Who would probably forget to vote anyways or be too stoned to do so

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

He wont do it. From his “Christian” sector that still think the drug is pure evil. Plus history with his brother and drugs (although more to do with alcohol if I’m not mistaken) To his “promises” to the various minority groups that he will then turn his back against. I don’t think we have to worry about him getting their vote potential. Think this would also be more of an appeal to the younger voters. Who would probably forget to vote anyways or be too stoned to do so

Oh, it was just booze, and from the way his daughter described it, Freddy LOVED alcohol. 

Which he must have if he died of a heart attack at fucking 42 years old.

Biden's proposal is to make it a schedule 2 drug and leave legalization up to the states, so I'm not surprised that the DNC is falling in line with the nominee.

It seems like such an easy win. Legalization has been around for 6 years in CO and WA, and has since spread to states large and small, and we haven't seen them devolve into lawless wastelands as a result. I don't see what they're so worried about at this point.

6 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Biden's proposal is to make it a schedule 2 drug and leave legalization up to the states, so I'm not surprised that the DNC is falling in line with the nominee.

It seems like such an easy win. Legalization has been around for 6 years in CO and WA, and has since spread to states large and small, and we haven't seen them devolve into lawless wastelands as a result. I don't see what they're so worried about at this point.

:facepalm: Cocaine is schedule 2 and the feds will still bust your ass for that.

Just fucking deschedule it completely if you want to make it a purely state matter.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

:facepalm: Cocaine is schedule 2 and the feds will still bust your ass for that.

Just fucking deschedule it completely if you want to make it a purely state matter.

That was my thought. Making it a schedule 2 also fails to alleviate the issues that sellers face in states that have legalized it. It's the weakest possible change, one that comes with so little upside as to question the point of making the effort at all.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the downside is that could possibly overtake the upside.