Tron 3 reportedly happening - Kosinski & Daft Punk being asked to return

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Bring back Olivia Wilde! She's like in no movies these days.

I mean, bring back everyone, for sure. I like Garrett Hedlund, and he's only become a better actor in the interim. I want it to be a direct sequel, and they hinted Cillian Murphy could become one of the big bads of the sequel, so I want to see that happen. But definitely bring back Olivia Wilde.

I adore Tron Legacy, and given that Disney is building a Tron ride in Magic Kingdom, can’t say I’m surprised they would still want to produce a new film in the series.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:56 PM, IdeaOfEvil said:

Hopefully this movie actually has Tron in it and not some cameo/b.s., "That's no moon, it's a space station..." revelation explaining that some loser in a mask was Tron all along =/

If I remember correctly Tron: Uprising had some of the origin story in it about TRON being controlled by CLU

Both Tron movies are quite bad.

I have a soft spot for the first one, since I decided it was cool when I was like 7 or 8... and I absolutely adore the visual effects and aesthetics of the movie, like a LOT. But yeah, it's boring, and weird and sloppy and really not a good flick. It's just not.

Legacy is kinda in the same boat. I LOVE the soundtrack and like the new visuals a lot... but I think the script is a pile of rancid dookie and while it looks cool, the whole movie is really just a dumpster fire with a very nice coat of paint on it.

Who is asking for a third one? Wasn't Legacy a big flop?

I would be surprised if Daft Punk returned. I feel like it's not something they would do again.

Daft Punk's soundtrack for me was the least interesting thing they've done musically though I did enjoy it as a movie score. Kosinski's visual sensibilities made Legacy a fun watch, so I'm glad he's directing.  I will definitely see this if it gets made.

16 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Original Tron is legitimately one of the most boring movies I’ve ever seen

When you realize they put Jeff Bridges in a tunic so the bulge from his massive dick would be obscured while wearing tights, it becomes a pretty great unintentional comedy.

Also I know the original Tron isn't great but I love it so.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

When you realize they put Jeff Bridges in a tunic so the bulge from his massive dick would be obscured while wearing tights, it becomes a pretty great unintentional comedy.

Also I know the original Tron isn't great but I love it so.

It’s interesting to see and think about what they accomplished at the time. It is just sooooooo dry. I feel literally thirsty by the end of the film.