Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "The Last Chapter" trailer - free update that ties up the loose ends of Eivor's story

Commissar SFLUFAN

I’m really surprised reading up to see an argument that AC:Odyssey is a top tier best looking game on ultra on pc. I just played it on Ultra at 4k testing my 3080 and it doesn’t seem like anything special. Certainly didn’t blow me away like some other stuff I’d try. Even something smaller like Hellblade looked way more impressive. I’d put RDR 2 on Xbox One X over it.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla (10 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: "Post Launch & Season Pass" Trailer

Supports Cross Saves, which seems to be a thing for all Ubisoft games going forward thanks to their new Ubisoft Connect they just announced that starts Oct 29th.

Great news and one I really hope all other publishers/developers incorporate.

Keep your progression on all devices

For our newest releases*, all your game progression is saved within Ubisoft Connect, so you won't lose a step if you change consoles or switch to PC.

*Hyper Scape, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Riders Republic

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 3:48 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Don’t do it. You know there will be a 40% off sale by spring. Nobody discounts like Ubi. 

I've also realized there's no point (for me, at least) buying huge games like AC until after all of the DLC is out, because after that I'll just play through the whole thing again and I ain't got time for that. I just did a rerun of AC Odyssey and it took me like 120 hours with all of the DLC. I did the same thing with The Witcher 3 last year, it was a little over 100 hours. With Valhalla, I think I'll just wait this time and play through it once. No need to be in a hurry.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla (10 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: Xbox Series X Gameplay Walkthrough

Game Information

Game Title: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Platforms:

• PlayStation 4 (Nov 10, 2020)
  • Xbox One (Nov 10, 2020)
  • PC (Nov 10, 2020)
  • Google Stadia (Nov 10, 2020)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Nov 10, 2020)
  • PlayStation 5 (Nov 12, 2020)

Developer: Ubisoft

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 84 average - 91% recommended

Critic Reviews

Daily Star - 5 / 5 stars

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is another success in the series.

GamingTrend - 100 / 100

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the best open world RPG this year. It's colorful locals are a joy to discover, combat and stealth feel deep and rewarding, and there's a viking hoard of things to do.

Saving Content - 5 / 5 stars

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is another incredible and densely packed experience crafted by the fantastic teams within Ubisoft. There’s so much to do and see in Valhalla, and yet, you’ll never feel overwhelmed. You could sit down with this game, pour over a hundred hours into it, and still crave more. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the best Assassin’s Creed title to date. Now, let’s sound the horn and go raiding.

AusGamers - 9.8 / 10

For a game that centres itself around the idea of settlements, negotiation, alignment and choice, Valhalla does an amazing job of making you feel like the spotlight is always on you.

Gamefa - Persian - 9.7 / 10

When Ubisoft "decides" to make a masterpiece, it creates a game like Assassin's Creed Valhalla that is one of the best and most amazing Open-World game has been ever created. It is almost a perfect game that made me play 60 hours in 7 days and i really know that i haven't reached even half of this legend yet! No, Don't mistake, only 200 hours of gameplay and a huge world don't make a game, masterpiece, but the point is Assassin's Creed Valhalla has a huge world with every inch has its own identity in addition to the content's quality and quantity comparable to masterpieces like The Witcher 3. Anyway, i can write a book about awesomeness of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, but finish this with one line, "Either you love A.C series or not, don't lose Assassin's Creed Valhalla because it is one of those amazing masterpieces you don't see much in an entire generation. Don't play Assassin's Creed Valhalla? it's really your big loss!" Sorry, A bit more than one line, Ha?!

GideonsGaming - 9.7 / 10

Where Odyssey was rough, Valhalla is crystalline. It may have a couple of cracks as even the most beautiful diamond can be flawed, but this is the magnum opus of the series. The absolute best Assassin’s Creed to date and a great way to kick off the next generation.

PowerUp! - 9.6 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the best Assassin's Creed ever. Fully embracing its new genre and giving players so much choice and freedom has paid off handsomely. There's not really much more to say. You simply have to experience it for yourself.

3DNews - Russian - 9.5 / 10

Brilliant development of the modern formula Assassin's Creed - everything that could not be liked in Origins and Odyssey, here corrected.

Digital Chumps - 9.5 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a refinement of the series as a whole, curating years' of mechanics and ideas into a generational bookend that should please open world adventurers and devotees of the hidden blade.

Gamers Heroes - 95 / 100

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the best tale the franchise has ever told, featuring the most varied and rewarding gameplay the series has seen in years. Valhalla will forever dine in Odin's Hall as one of the greatest RPGs of this generation.

Gaming on PC - 9.5 / 10

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla might not revolutionize the open world RPG genre, but its careful evolution of the mechanics outlined in Origins and Odyssey leads to the series’ best title yet.

Generación Xbox - Spanish - 9.5 / 10

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla continues the path started with Origins and gives us one of the best RPGs of the last years. A world full of life, a system that fights brutally and hundreds of things to do make it a serious candidate for GOTY 2020.

RedTieGuy - 9.5 / 10

Video Review - Quote not available

Vamers - 95 / 100

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes inspiration from every single one of the franchise greats. From Assassin’s Creed II’s exceptional writing and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag’s unlikely hero, Valhalla is both expertly written and has an unusual hero destined for greatness - one who has no real interest in the Hidden Ones, at least to start. From Assassin’s Creed Origins’ superb and intimate narrative and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s full-fledged role-playing game (RPG) mechanics, Valhalla doubles down on all facets to deliver one of the best gameplay experiences featured in any Assassin’s Creed title to date. Evior truly is a loveable protagonist that players fall in love with quickly. Their struggle is the player’s struggle, and that is the best compliment a game can ask for. However, there are so many additional aspects that make the game an even better experience: the exceptional soundtrack and sound design; World Events that do not repeat; settlement building, and so much more! Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is immensely fun and satisfying to play, and offers constant surprises that do not seem to stop or disappoint. It is, undoubtedly, the best Ubisoft has to offer at this stage in time, and will forever be regarded as one of the greats in the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Game Informer - 9.3 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is full of interesting stories and fun interlocking systems, making it an engrossing world you can easily get lost in

SomosXbox - Spanish - 9.3 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the best installment in the series since its early days. After 2 years of rest we return with a pure RPG delivery that takes advantage of the hardware improvements of Xbox Series X | S

Impulsegamer - 4.6 / 5

A intriguing change of pace that gives the Assassin's Creed series the breathing room it has so desperately needed for eons, without making any compromises on content. Well worth you time to enter the gates of Valhalla.

Impulsegamer - 4.6 / 5

A intriguing change of pace that gives the Assassin's Creed series the breathing room it has so desperately needed for eons, without making any compromises on content. Well worth you time to enter the gates of Valhalla.

PC Gamer - 92 / 100

Bloody and captivating, Valhalla is Assassin's Creed at its best.

Cerealkillerz - German - 9.1 / 10

With Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ubisoft ventures into something incredible: Taking the Odyssey formula and reinvent it completely. Players will face a realistic and brutal world with a serious story behind it. Protagonist Eivor and the game world are thoughtfully build with a lot of love for details. An amazing experience that is presentable.

Gamelite - Italian - 9.1 / 10

With Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ubisoft has undoubtedly touched substantial improvements from previous titles. Unlike its predecessors, Valhalla focuses a lot on history but even more on the return to the Creed, which finally reappears after several years of absences. The assassins are back and with them the ancestral struggle against the Order.

8Bit/Digi - 9 / 10

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla continues the path set by its predecessors by taking players back to the Viking conquest of the British Isles. Each new entry seems to always one up its predecessor in both ambition and quality. Truly a result of abandoning the yearly release model to allow the series to better evolve.

Atomix - Spanish - 90 / 100

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is one of the best games in the series and a perfect choice to launch the new generation.

Attack of the Fanboy - 4.5 / 5 stars

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla takes all the previous systems introduced in Origins and Odyssey, and streamlines them into a more focused experience. The game may have some flaws, and it's a shame to see the combat remains mediocre after all these years, yet Valhalla is easily the best entry in the recent trilogy. Grab your axes and shields: it's time to go a-viking!

Critical Hit - 9 / 10

A saga for the ages, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a breathtaking journey of discovery that has a cold charm to it. It is both serious and ludicrous in equal measure, an RPG that has added more than it has removed from its core experience while delivering a game that feels familiar and completely new at the same time. Skal!

DASHGAMER.com - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the series' greatest accomplishment to date. Deviating from the norm of Creed's commonplace that had the franchise devout confounded for a myriad of reasons, this is quite the reboot.

Digitally Downloaded - 4.5 / 5 stars

That being said, as far as the gameplay is concerned, this series is going nowhere interesting at this point there while there will be more, and I really implore Ubisoft to take a good, hard look at the bloat and consider whether a more streamlined approach that doesn't get in the way of the best feature (the history and narrative) would not be wiser next time around.

DualShockers - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a combination of everything that made the series great up to this point while cementing all that it needs moving forward.

Fextralife - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is an epic Viking tale with a compelling story and amazing audivisuals. Promising hundred plus hours of gameplay, with minigames and exploration, Action-Adventure fans will not want to miss out on what is one of the best games this year.

Game Rant - 4.5 / 5 stars

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a love letter to fans of the classic action-adventure titles as well as the newer role-playing mechanics.

GameMAG - Russian - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is still an Assassin's Creed title, but the one that manages to left behind some questionable things from the last two games, all the while presenting us with a much greater direction, a really dense map, engaiging plot, and a breathtaking setting.

GameZone - 9 / 10

As an Assassin's Creed fan who has stuck by the series through its high points, and was certainly disappointed by many of its low points, I can confidently say that what Ubisoft has crafted here was not only crafted with an immense amount of love and respect for the series, but for its fans as well. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is one Viking adventure you certainly don't want to miss.

Gamer Escape - 9 / 10

Like I said at the beginning, you kind of want these games at some point to stop working, but… Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla really works. It works in all the ways it wants to work. It takes the bones of its predecessor and improves the overall gameplay significantly, giving players plenty to do, characters to invest in, and a satisfying core gameplay loop that’s been refined down to a careful formula at this point.

GamesRadar+ - 4.5 / 5 stars

With a sprawling world to conquer and gory combat but also the chance to use that iconic hidden blade, Assassin's Creed Valhalla brings a triumphant balance to the series.

Gaming Nexus - 9 / 10

Everybody has their Assassin's Creed. Mine might still be Black Flag. But Valhalla is basically Vikings vs. knights, filling out the other two sides of my personal trifecta. The assassinations might've gone soft, but the northern European world building hits hard.

GamingBolt - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed's third crack at the massive open world RPG formula is also its most confident, making for a streamlined yet sprawling adventure that ranks as one of the best the series has delivered since its inception over a decade ago.

Glitched Africa - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla may be an even further step away from the traditional Assassin's Creed recipe but it is still a great game. Besides the addictive combat and fantastic skill tree, I loved how it fixed the pacing issues from Odyssey. I had a purpose this time around and knew where I was going and what I was doing. The Viking setting is refreshing too and delivers some decent tales to experience while exploring a breathtaking world.

God is a Geek - 9 / 10

Despite some worryingly customary bugs, Assassin's Creed Valhalla serves up a treat for both series fans and RPG afficianados. Eivor is a great protagonist, while rural England and the snowy climbs of Norway provide some of the best adventuring in the franchise to date.

Hey Poor Player - 4.5 / 5

At the end of the day, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is an exceptional adventure that should please fans of the series. Ubisoft Montreal has succeeded in crafting a striking medieval world that’s just begging to be explored. I loved the new town-building mechanic. It was hugely addicting and provided a satisfying sense of progression. Speaking of progression, while initially overwhelming, the staggeringly deep skill tree and wealth of unlockable combat abilities combine to give the player an incredible amount of freedom when it comes to customizing their ideal assassin.

If you’re a fan of the series, don’t sit this one out. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is an adventure fit for Odin himself.

IGN Spain - Spanish - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the culmination of the new model for the saga that Origins established and Odyssey perfected.

Noisy Pixel - 9 / 10

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla takes the advancements of the series found in Odyssey and applies it to a whole new setting. As brutal as the period of Vikings is, there’s something beautiful about this adventure. Every action is rewarded with some great moments of storytelling, and aside from a few narrative roadblocks tied to the player’s level, there’s an amazing world here just waiting to be discovered.

PC Invasion - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla's mission structure can be a little tedious at times. However, it still manages to exhilarate and excite thanks to its wonderful visuals, vivid landscapes, side activities, and brilliant combat mechanics.

PCMag - 4.5 / 5 stars

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla continues the series’ recent winning streak. This stellar entry boasts an expansive world, many exciting missions, and a tight, character-driven plot that make it one of 2020's best games.

PPE.pl - Polish - 9 / 10

Don't be surprised if you don't have contact with your friends who love the Assassin's Creed series in the coming days. Valhalla fixes the errors of the previous two views and pulls like a swamp from the very first minutes.

Press Start - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla blends old and new to create a unique experience and one of the best Assassin's Creed experiences yet. It combines series-best combat, a compelling story, and mesmerising locales to dually offer a definitive Viking and assassin experience.

Pure Playstation - 9 / 10

Ubisoft delivers another open-world epic, but this time it's a focused and streamlined affair. The graphical overhaul works to announce the end of one era and the beginning of another as Assassin's Creed continues its ongoing evolution as an accessible action-adventure for the long-time fans, while still offering a deep RPG experience for those introduced via Origins and Odyssey.

Pure Xbox - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla sees the long-running franchise at an absolute high point. A much tighter, more refined and narrative-focused experience, it learns lessons from other recent open world efforts, removing much of the series' tedious open-world busywork and channelling its players through a genuinely excellent and intriguing adventure. There's still plenty of exploring, looting and collecting to be done here but it's so much more engaging, full of fun puzzles and atmospheric treasure hunts that make the downtime between story arcs all the more rewarding. This is Assassin's Creed looking and feeling better than ever.

Rocket Chainsaw - 4.5 / 5 stars

It’s hard to find flaws in Valhalla unless you’re a die-hard Assassin’s Creed fan.

Stevivor - 9 / 10

Like Origins, Valhalla benefits from a year off with a fresh audience. It doesn’t reboot this time, but instead improves upon the duo it’s following, introducing proven elements from some of the best in the business.

TechRaptor - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla streamlines the best parts of Origins and Odyssey while trimming the fat, though is hampered consistently by bugs and technical problems. Still, it's a journey well worth taking.

The Escapist - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla review on Xbox: Ubisoft delivers its best open-world RPG yet with unprecedented freedom, exploration, and combat.

TheGamer - 4.5 / 5 stars

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla was a risk. Not really because it took Vikings as its subject matter — people love Vikings, to the extent that loads of folks are a bit sick of Norse stuff at this point. It was a risk because it compounded the ideals of Assassin’s Creed’s origins and Assassin’s Creed Origins. Fortunately, it turns out that the best game in this series is the one that’s drawn from pretty much everything that came before it, in order to carve out its own unique identity based on the absolute best bits of its many, many predecessors.

Twinfinite - 4.5 / 5

For the time being, then, Valhalla is a superb but familiar open-world experience. It’s sure to excite fans of the series with another impressively content-rich and beautiful sandbox to explore, and it might just interest newcomers and lapsed Assassin’s Creed players with the intrigue of its setting and more streamlined overall design. Ultimately, though, it falls just shy of true excellence — a high benchmark to meet, but one Assassin’s Creed should be held to after so many years of trying to get it right.

Video Game Sophistry - 9 / 10

This is not a tactical assassination simulator - it's a complicated, crafted and nearly perfect open world experience that (if you give it a chance) it will win you over

We Got This Covered - 4.5 / 5 stars

Assassin's Creed Valhalla recreates the true Viking experience, drawing upon history, religion, and good old fashioned stealth gameplay to create a title that will usher in the next generation of consoles.

WellPlayed - 9 / 10

Valhalla brilliantly mixes brutal combat with satisfying stealth to offer up a package that ticks many open-world boxes that are so often missed

Xbox Achievements - 90 / 100

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is yet another impressive entry in Ubi's unstoppable franchise. The hidden blade is back and as lethal as it should be, combat remains a joy, and Eivor proves an immensely likeable lead in a glorious world of dizzying scope.

Areajugones - Spanish - 8.9 / 10

With exploration systems that are better worked than ever in the saga, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is conformed as a worthy continuation of the wake that Origins created a few years ago and that, at the same time, respects the essence that the franchise has always preserved. inside. Therefore, we are facing a title that will be able to captivate both the most veteran and those who enjoy the new playable formula of the saga.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 89 / 100

If you weren't a fan of the franchise, this game won't change your mind, but if you are a believer of the Creed, you'll find a gigantic, really engaging experience here. The vikings context fits like a glove.

Pixel Arts - Persian - 8.8 / 10

Assassins' Creed Valhalla can be considered the most detailed Assassin's Creed EVER, in the vast and spectacular area of which you have numerous activities to experience that you will need at least 100 hours to do all of them! Of course, there are problems that will occasionally damage your experience, but Valhalla is definitely a desirable Viking title that you should not doubt.

Gamersky - Chinese - 8.7 / 10

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is the wildest installment in the franchise. Compared with Origins and Odyssey, it's slightly improved in terms of performance, the open-world, and variety of gameplay.

The Games Machine - Italian - 8.7 / 10

Thanks to a gameplay formula more refined and an even more prominent identity, Valhalla is the chapter where Assassin's Creed's new cycle reached its full maturity, despite the fact that some of its oldest flaws still remain.

MondoXbox - Italian - 8.6 / 10

With Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ubisoft keeps on improving on the action-RPG formula, streamlining some gameplay mechanics and reviving some others from the series' distant past. The Viking plot feels accurate and fully convincing, with many interesting references to their myths and uses, while the modern-time storyline keeps on feeling too underdeveloped.

IGN Italy - Italian - 8.5 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is an epic and huge experience, intelligently combining the past and present of the series.

Nexus Hub - 8.5 / 10

If you’re a fan of the new Assassin’s Creed formula or just big action games in general, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is probably something you’ll want to add to your wishlist right now. Despite a few hiccups here and there, the game has made some needed improvements and sets itself apart enough to make it worth journeying through.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 85 / 100

Assassin's Creed Valhalla ends this trilogy in the series in a very satisfactory way. The return of stealth to its origins is great, the combat keeps the same structure from the previous games and the story is up to par with its predecessors. It is a pity that the PS4 version suffers from several technical problems, but other than that, it is a mandatory game for fans of the franchise and manages to capture the Viking spirit well in their adventures.

RPG Fan - 85 / 100

It’s still an enjoyable romp: a world filled with brutal combat encounters, a slew of arcane mysteries, and diverse sights that can be achingly gorgeous, powerfully harrowing, and even bizarrely psychedelic. But in the course of my playthrough as Feivor, I feel that I’ve received Valhalla as it should have been. My previous praises are kept intact, and the experience is only enhanced by a narrative that subverts Norse mythology while slashing the tether that binds executive misogyny to a world where supposed viking culture has been adopted by an ahistorical, androcentric right-wing. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla can be great, but if you want an inferior experience, don’t worry: Ubisoft has you covered.

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 8.5 / 10

Great new Assassin's Creed game with raids of Vikings and beauty of England.

Sirus Gaming - 8.5 / 10

Eivor's tale is an interesting story to experience and the gameplay that comes along the journey is liberating without being repetitive. With that, we recommend the game fully. It's not without its flaws. Even under the shadow of its predecessors, Valhalla is certainly a game that stands on its own.

The Game Fanatics - 8.5 / 10

While it does have some originality issues, the game succeeds in its mission: to give us a great Viking game experience in the world of the AC franchise. Great strides were made making this game the best out of the series.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 8.5 / 10

Assassins creed Valhalla is fantastic on next generation systems with 60fps smooth gameplay experience and fast loading times, it is a great game with an impressive world to explore for hours and hours.

Wccftech - 8.5 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a definite step up for the series, thanks to the many tweaks made to the RPG mechanics that powered the previous two entries in the series, better storytelling, great atmosphere, and meaningful side-content. Even with the tweaks, however, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is still an Assassin's Creed game at heart, so those who are not into the Ubisoft open-world game design will hardly change their opinion with the game. Everyone else will probably love every second of Eivor's adventure, especially if they are into Vikings and ancient Norse culture.

Game Volt - Arabic - 8.4 / 10

I can easily recommend Assassin's Creed Valhalla to everyone, everyone should go through this experience and enjoy it and its world full of many different and really useful changes for the series. This is a game that brings back the glories of Assassin's Creed as we used to.

Hynerd.it - Italian - 8.3 / 10

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla proves to be the worthy continuation of its predecessors, both in gameplay and in terms of story. Maybe there are some bugs too many on day one, but considering the period we can pass on them. Nothing a patch can't fix. If you like the RPG mechanism you will love this chapter, which will keep you glued to the screen for many hours, without ever getting tired.

Bazimag - Persian - 8 / 10

Despite the fact that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla doesn’t have any original ideas, it’s one of Ubisoft's best games in the recent years. Not only that, it’s the best Assassin’s Creed of the 8th Gen; a game that both old fans of the series and newcomers will appreciate.

Cheat Code Central - 4 / 5

It is undeniable that the series is growing, and it’s admirable that the developers are willing to try new things. Overall, the experience works in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. It’s not a perfect fit, yet, but there’s promise in the series future if they continue to head in a direction that has more RPG elements, and options for a direct approach. It also feels like a proof of concept that they can continue to attempt virtually any setting with a decent chance of success.

Cram-Gaming - 8 / 10

The story presents an assortment of scenarios for the player to work through as they conquer England, though force, diplomacy or guile. However, no matter how great the story or optional side-questing, the game becomes severely let-down by bugs and expected glitches. The latter is easy to overlook, but the former often impacts play which is a massive shame. In this regard it might be prudent to wait for more patches. That said, if you're willing to endure, you will find an entertaining romp with such a great subject matter. Plus, there's still plenty of assassin action within this Assassin's Creed instalment.

Cubed3 - 8 / 10

Fans of the series are going to adore Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Origins and Odyssey felt like Ubisoft trying something new, stretching out and seeing what worked, and Valhalla takes what was learned there and expands upon it. Some things, like the combat, don't feel quite there yet, still, but other elements absolutely have evolved for the better. There's a lot to love here, and not just in the frankly absurd amount of content available. The story is fantastically enjoyable, with Eivor really shining throughout (play Female for what feels the canon story!) - they are truly deserving of standing alongside the icons of this long-running series. This is a legendary tale and an addition to the franchise that is good enough for the gods.

Demon Gaming - 8 / 10

I was surprised by the depth of the story given to these other characters. In one of these adventures you are tasked with helping a usurper with taking over the throne from a power-hungry king that you find out belongs to an even larger group of bad guys in the Assassins Creed franchise,

Digital Trends - 4 / 5 stars

Valhalla marries the best combat in the series with a more organic world.

Enternity.gr - Greek - 8 / 10

The change of direction seems to be paying off and Valhalla is forming a new basis for future titles in the series.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 8 / 10

Anyone willing to turn a blind eye to some technical and silly edges will play one of those adventures that the Vikings would not hesitate to sing in the Norse courts. Odin's with Ubisoft.

GRYOnline.pl - Polish - 8 / 10

Despite numerous technical issues, Valhalla is still a very good game. It’s the best one among the RPG-oriented Assassin’s Creed titles and one of the best games in the series. Ubisoft listened to the fans' complaints about Odyssey and created a game that successfully pleases the entire fanbase.

GameByte - 8 / 10

Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla is a game definitely worthy of the Assassin’s Creed name. It’s fun, it’s vast and it continues to give players the freedom to do pretty much whatever they want to do in the game.

GameCrate - 8 / 10

If Assassin's Creed Valhalla is an indication of the direction the series is going in from here, I'm all in. Valhalla sheds light on the Viking era in a distinctly hopeful way with fantastically written characters and story arcs that feel like you're bingeing an excellent show. The gameplay is at its finest, too, brilliantly balancing stealth and combat in equal measure. If it weren't for an overwhelming number of frustrating bugs and the lack of quality side content, this could have been the best Assassin's Creed yet.

GameSkinny - 8 / 10 stars

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla builds its world around a familiar formula, but with a compelling story and plenty of things to do, it's a game series fans will find inviting.

GameSpot - 8 / 10

Though its campaign takes time to get going, Assassin's Creed Valhalla brings a satisfying finish to the current saga of the franchise.

Guardian - 4 / 5 stars

The weather's as bad as ever, but this smart, inventive and witty open-world game is a veritable Viking feast of adventure

Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5

Assassin's Creed Valhalla brings quality of life improvements to the new Assassin's Creed model but doesn't stray too far from familiar territory.

IGN - 8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a massive, beautiful open-world fueled by brutal living and the dirty work of conquerors. It's a lot buggier than it should be but also impressive on multiple levels.

Kakuchopurei - 80 / 100

If you liked Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla improves on almost every aspect from its predecessors. The combat and open-world are better, as is the writing and narrative. Plus, you get to live out your fantasy of being a Viking in 4K crystal clear glory.

Leadergamer - Turkish - 4 / 5 stars

So many things to do!

Merlin'in Kazanı - Turkish - 80 / 100

Assassin's Creed Valhalla promises long hours for fans of the series with its open world and successful Viking theme.

PCGamesN - 8 / 10

It doesn't do anything fundamentally new and too much of the series' jank remains, but when Valhalla works, it's a marvel, and it works far more often than not.

PlayStation Universe - 8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is everything I hoped it would be, and more. It sells the Viking fantasy flawlessly, is brimming gorgeous locations, vistas and interesting characters, and will keep you busy for 100 or so hours if you want to grab everything on offer. It's buggy in places, and the grinding is overwhelming at times to the point where it spoils the feeling of exploration and progression. However, these shortcomings can be overlooked if you're willing to stick with it. And you should, because Eivor's journey is one worth soaking up.

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 8 / 10

There is too much to love in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, from its beautiful world, epic battles and one of the most charming protagonists in the series. the experience was affected by the length of its story, yet it's one of the best entries in the series.

Shacknews - 8 / 10

Ubisoft is known for their fun open worlds, but it appears that experience and previous stumbles have seen them take big steps forward, making Valhalla one of their best Assassin's Creed games in recent memory.

Siliconera - 8 / 10

Overall, Ubisoft has created a very entertaining Vikings game, one that will only get better with patches for the visual weirdness. As long as you don’t expect Assassin’s Creed Valhalla to be like past AC games where the Order is tantamount to everything the main character does, AC fans will find plenty to enjoy.

Spiel Times - 8 / 10

A refreshing Assassin's Creed experience that is a must-play for newer and older fans. With an intriguing plotline, no grind and a world filled with interesting characters, Valhalla's glory is only held back by the engine and technical issues that also plagued its predecessors.

Telegraph - 4 / 5 stars

Ubisoft's quasi-historical adventure finds its way to 9th century England... and provides the best Assassin's Creed game in a decade

The Digital Fix - 8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is fun, with its many activities and a rewarding gameplay loop. There is nothing better than rocking up to a monastery with your raucous crew and robbing them blind.

The Outerhaven Productions - 4 / 5 stars

Easily one of my favorite Assassin’s Creed entries, thanks to the improvements made to the combat, health, stamina, and progression systems. The story was enjoyable, the NPCs both plentiful, colorful, and rememberable, even if some were annoying at times. Ubisoft has taken everything that worked in Origins and Odyssey and improved them, thus making Valhalla easily the best game in the past few years. And I simply can not get enough of Orlog.

VG247 - 4 / 5 stars

It takes a while to really warm up to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and 15-20 hours in I wasn’t quite as keen on it as I am now; but that’s thanks to the game holding up, and actually giving you more as you play, in terms of plot, world, activities and getting to uncover the mysteries hidden deep within the game. It breaks some of the chains that the series was shackled in when it comes to design, while also boldly owning its own identity, too. It might not be The Witcher: Wild Hunt, or specifically do anything that breaks the wheel when it comes to open-world game design, but Assassin’s Creed Valhalla gets you invested. It’s a slow-burn that takes its time to show you its true colours before flourishing into a rewarding, meaty game that’ll keep you engaged over the winter months.

Windows Central - 4 / 5 stars

Assassin's Creed Valhalla provides a gorgeous playground to explore with excellent combat. Though the story seems unnecessarily long, it's a fun Viking tale mixed with the series' own flare and sci-fi elements.

COGconnected - 78 / 100

All I know is that I had more fun than I was expecting, while still being cognizant of the game’s weird, cluttered assembly on full display. I’m padding through the dark, a tourist reading placards to seasoned scholars. In spite of this, I feel confident that fans and newcomers alike will have a pretty good time here.

Spaziogames - Italian - 7.8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla has compelling story and themes, an often brave exploration component and inspired characters, even though those are all flooded by fillers seeking to artificially raise the longevity value.

BaziCenter - Persian - 7.5 / 10

Valhalla once again proves that ubisoft's chosen path for Assassin's Creed may not be appealing to the old fans of the series, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, as the series have developed into a solid RPG franchise. Still, Valhalla shows that the series is still far from completion, as there are several obvious shortcomings in combat gameplay and AI, along with some visual problems.

But Why Tho? - 7.5 / 10

Already on track to be the Assassin’s Creed game I sink the most hours into yet, Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla is excellent in many ways, but flawed in just as many others.

Zoomg - Persian - 7.5 / 10

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla delivers a great blend of storytelling and characterization for a true Viking journey and mixes it with enjoyable gameplay that has deep combat and RPG elements. The problem is that Valhalla technically has serious problems. Bugs and glitches in this game are really annoying and effect almost every other aspect of it.

Gameblog - French - 7 / 10

With Assasin's Creed Valhalla, Ubisoft tries to synthesize a decade-long series, thanks to clever adjustments on its RPG rhythm. With a brilliant lightning, the game visually stands out, but sometimes fail to really follow on its technical part, with messy AI and way too many loadings times which can break the momentum of the adventure. Rich, dense, but also time-consuming, Assassin's Creed Valhalla still offers a good run, thanks to its historical setting and beautiful landscapes.

Metro GameCentral - 7 / 10

A vast and multi-faceted trip through a stylised Viking life, with a new fighting system, manifold mini-games and diversions, and untold glitches. It's Assassin's Creed to its core.

Push Square - 7 / 10

They may not be game-breaking, but the countless visual bugs of Assassin's Creed Valhalla really hold the experience back on PS4. They give the title an inescapable roughness, begging the question of whether it's meant to be played on PS5. That said, if you can look past the broken animations and often absurd glitches, you'll find an amazing Assassin's Creed game - arguably one of the best in the entire series. Its stories and characters are a whole cut above what's come before, while its open world feels refined and incredibly well realised. The condition that Valhalla has launched in is a terrible shame, but it's something that could, and should, be fixed.

Screen Rant - 3.5 / 5 stars

Enjoyable, but struggles with scope.

Seasoned Gaming - 7 / 10

With Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Ubisoft has given me another pair of the super comfortable shorts I’ve grown accustomed to, but with a few welcomed changes. Very few.

USgamer - 3.5 / 5 stars

Assassin's Creed Valhalla's vision of ninth-century England is a beautiful place to explore, populated with a great cast of characters who make up for the bland new protagonist, Eivor. Nevertheless, the tired overarching story of Templars and Assassins, and a design ethos that overstuffs the setting with side activities, add unnecessary bloat and distractions to the experience. Valhalla's a solid action-adventure game that does well to capture the turmoil of its historical era, but it's weighed down by the increasingly ponderous legacy of the series it represents.

Destructoid - 6.5 / 10

But I also found myself making excuses for Assassin's Creed Valhalla until I couldn't any longer. It mimics the Odyssey formula but takes a step backward in almost every way. It sacrifices story for scale. It's designed to discourage stealth in favor of epic battles. It's true to the Viking experience, but it isn't true to the Assassin's Creed experience. That's why it comes off feeling like the least essential game in the whole series. Impressive in some of its accomplishments, but inessential all the same.

GamePro - German - 65 / 100

Valhalla is a giant step backwards for Assassin's Creed, which is pretty to look at, but feels soulless and fun-free.

IGN Middle East - Arabic - 6.5 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla digs deep and further away from the franchise roots and reaches to us with bad writing for the protagonist and slow evolving mediocre story with disappointing stealth mechanics and AI, yet however, fans of exploring have something to feast their eyes here with so much content and a very beautiful design alongside some fun raids there and there.

Worth Playing - 6.5 / 10

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is a mostly solid, if somewhat unambitious, Assassin's Creed game that is dragged down by a shockingly poor PS4 release. I look forward to seeing how it runs on a PS5, but the last-gen version is hard to recommend due to the sheer amount of issues that I encountered while playing through the game. If you discount those issues, Valhalla would be a comfortable 8.0, but one can't just ignore those issues. Fans looking to continue the franchise's story should wait until Valhalla receives a series of patches or until they can pick up a next-gen version.

Gadgets 360 - 6 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is too much of the same thing, and it's not nearly engaging enough.

VideoGamer - 6 / 10

Sadly, that string of hours, spent clambering up towers and defogging the map, bounding across the fields in a hopeful, happy loop, was the last of the fun on offer.

Game Revolution - 2.5 / 5 stars

Obsessing over playtime and Content™ at the cost of innovation and depth puts Valhalla‘s ability to actually get into Valhalla in question, as it doesn’t quite earn the kind of glory that only the best Vikings achieve.

ACG - Wait for Sale

Some amazing changes to the way the game is presented, all for the better, can't get out of the way from somewhat weightless combat, bugs and other issues.

Ars Technica - Unscored

A great choice for next-gen consoles or high-end PCs, should you have the bandwidth for dozens of hours of Viking adventure.

Chicas Gamers - Spanish - Unscored

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is undoubtedly a marvel in many ways. Taking elements from previous games and creating its own, it presents us an agile and frenetic game, while we unravel the secrets of Norway and England, the mythology surrounds them and the Danish invasions of England. Graphically and aurally a beautiful game which asks us to play more to enjoy its beauty. Few cons in general, although as in any open world, bugs are the order of the day and several of them need to be patched.

Console Creatures - Recommended

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a mess but at the same time is a ton of fun to play. Exploring England as Eivor, raiding the locals, and flyting is fun but at the expense of a multitude of glitches.

Eurogamer - Recommended

Valhalla is another enormous Assassin's Creed saga, lavishly designed, with its sights set on story direction over narrative choice.

GameOnAUS - Essential

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is a tour-de-force of epic proportions and an absolute must-play, get-it-as-soon as it launches experience. It’s an incredible showcase for the Xbox Series X as well as a Game Of The Year contender.

GameXplain - Unscored

Video Review - Quote not available

Kotaku - Unscored

Overall, it feels a lot of care and thought went into making Valahalla feel less like a checklist of things to do and more like a world to organically experience.

Polygon - Polygon Recommends

Valhalla’s most intriguing story is one about faith, honor, and family, but it’s buried inside this massive, massive world stuffed with combat and side quests. That balance is not always ideal, but I’m glad, at least, that it forces me to spend more time seeking out interesting things in the game’s world.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Unscored

For fans of the series it’s really entertaining. It might not set the world on fire, but you can set some virtual bits on fire yourself if you want.

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla (10 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Anybody know what time it unlocks? Xbox Store says Nov 9th, but no specifics.

Dirt 5 unlocked at 6pm the day before. Curious if thats the standard or if it varies.

Edit: nevermind, it's midnight local. Which is kinda lame cuz that means some will get a head start. If i took my streaming seriously i'd be upset. 

45 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Well, I thought I'd start pre-loading it, but it won't show up in my library. I've found a few other reports of other people with the same issue. Hopefully it resolves before tomorrow.

I was able to preload mine just now.  Maybe try signing out and back in?  

On 10/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, stepee said:

I’m really surprised reading up to see an argument that AC:Odyssey is a top tier best looking game on ultra on pc. I just played it on Ultra at 4k testing my 3080 and it doesn’t seem like anything special. Certainly didn’t blow me away like some other stuff I’d try. Even something smaller like Hellblade looked way more impressive. I’d put RDR 2 on Xbox One X over it.

Like most AC games, it's about scope and certain scenes just looking fantastic. Or I guess I should say Ubisoft games. Obviously it's been a bit since Odyssey hit and we've entered heavy RTX land since then, but I still really like some of the vistas, like seeing each individual light source for a city dozens of miles in the distance at night. I dunno about best looking technically, but there are definitely excellent moments.

RDR2 doesn't count since it's not a video game, it's a movie you control remotely. Waiting for each scene to render out at Rockstar HQ and then come back before Morgan moves just really makes it dramatically less impressive to me personally.

7 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I was able to preload mine just now.  Maybe try signing out and back in?  

Tried that, no luck so far.

2 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

What system? Mine's been pre-loaded on my Xbox for over a week now.

Only bought it through Ubisoft Connect this morning on the PC.