What are you playing today?

32 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I take it back. The controls just don't work so I am dropping Oblivion all together.

Maybe down the road I'll try mods. 

Yeah that’s what I ended up bothering with the mod because if I ever end up needing some more beth and give it a shot, I definitely wouldn’t want to deal with switching controls every time I hit a menu.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah that’s what I ended up bothering with the mod because if I ever end up needing some more beth and give it a shot, I definitely wouldn’t want to deal with switching controls every time I hit a menu.

It's awful. When I loaded it up today some of the key bindings were not active. So I had to fix it again. I'm just glad I have great mods for Skyrim. I'll be honest after playing Oblivion for a while then opening up Skyrim  there is a huge leap in technology and controls. 

Spoiler

I thought it was a good sale deal and that it was a sequel to a bus simulator game I had seen before called Bus Simulator 21, but nope! It hurts my soul to play this game!

OMG, he isn't lying because this game is a huge pile of shit! I've seen better PSX games for fucking sakes!

Finally tried out Chorus and it seems pretty solid. Kind of an open space arcadey starfox with a story sorta thing. Looks great on both desktop with ray tracing and on steam deck where it seems to run on epic settings easily at 60+fps (I locked to 72ps). Looks fantastic on the oled. I’ll have to play more of this one at some point. Starts with a ridiculous lore drop that shows your character to be just the worst of people lol.

@best3444 you have this game from @Keyser_Soze you should check it out, it’s not a sim, it’s an action game 

• Halal 1

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie you were correct when you said there isn't really a story or focus in ESO. It's a bunch of side quests that have no impact.

However, the game is really well designed and fun to play. They even improved the combat. 

It’s a great game that has no purpose is the best way I can describe it. Never been a fan of MMO’s. No matter how good the game play may be it’s lost on me if I don’t have a goal or purpose. That’s why I lost interest in Destiny. 

• True 1

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s a great game that has no purpose is the best way I can describe it. Never been a fan of MMO’s. No matter how good the game play may be it’s lost on me if I don’t have a goal or purpose. That’s why I lost interest in Destiny. 

I completely agree. 

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Finally tried out Chorus and it seems pretty solid. Kind of an open space arcadey starfox with a story sorta thing. Looks great on both desktop with ray tracing and on steam deck where it seems to run on epic settings easily at 60+fps (I locked to 72ps). Looks fantastic on the oled. I’ll have to play more of this one at some point. Starts with a ridiculous lore drop that shows your character to be just the worst of people lol.

@best3444 you have this game from @Keyser_Soze you should check it out, it’s not a sim, it’s an action game 

Yea I do have that. I'll check it out tonight. 

Been playing the Modern Warfare 2019 campaign, Disney Dreamlight, and the new Prince of Persia. POP is a freakin awesome metroidvania. They really nailed it. Finally started Daylight for real and I imagine this will be something I play a bit at night for a long while now. Seems like there is so much to do and it looks amazing on the oled deck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@TheLeon Are you still playing TLOU2?

I'm already making good progress and will beat this for my fourth time.

Yep, I’m about 9 hours into the story, and I’ve played a few hours of No Return, which is pretty addictive. 

• Hype 1

Ive known it was real good (it’s all Andrea/kk plays now) but it’s blowing my mind still how great of a job GAMELOFT of all developers pulled off Dreamlight Valley. They didn’t just manage to stand up against Animal Crossing, they actually made it to where AC is going to have to step it up to compete with this in quality.

7 hours ago, stepee said:

Ive known it was real good (it’s all Andrea/kk plays now) but it’s blowing my mind still how great of a job GAMELOFT of all developers pulled off Dreamlight Valley. They didn’t just manage to stand up against Animal Crossing, they actually made it to where AC is going to have to step it up to compete with this in quality.

It’s amazing to think that this game might have not happen if not for a few reasons. One being Disney’s Magic Kingdoms doing so well and gameloft getting new management after the takeover (Disney hated a very specific persons guts and very much did not want to work with gameloft again, luckily he ***ked off after the take over).

Just some fun insider baseball. :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chakoo said:

It’s amazing to think that this game might have not happen if not for a few reasons. One being Disney’s Magic Kingdoms doing so well and gameloft getting new management after the takeover (Disney hated a very specific persons guts and very much did not want to work with gameloft again, luckily he ***ked off after the take over).

Just some fun insider baseball. :)

Seems like the shake up worked well for them as this is so far beyond the product I normally associate with them! It’s really damn good. I didn’t even realize they got bought out by the same company that spent years trying to buy out Ubi itself lol

8 hours ago, stepee said:

They won't just because it's Nintendo and people will flock to it no matter what. New Horizons was a step down from New Leaf but still sold a bazillion copies.

Nintendo does some safe sequels but they aren't exactly always phoning it in off their popularity. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them really ramp up the next AC, but I also wouldn’t be surprised it’s more of the same. I think it could go either way with them.  

But also that is why I said “compete in quality” not sales :P

Edit: Luckily for me this is just a win either way though, since the franchise improving upon the original in this case (classic Disney/Pixar) is one I’m just as fond of as the AC world

10 hours ago, stepee said:

I put it on my wishlist to watch for a discount.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Pokémon Shining Pearl 

Tekken 8 - PS5

Baldur’s Gate 3 - XBSX

I played the demo of Tekken 8 today to get my fix for it. It is awesome for a fighting game. I just can't get into them anymore but I appreciate them. I'm going to start up Fallout 4 later this afternoon. I haven't played it yet. 

I've just spent the last 3 hours in Enshrouded and while I'm not usually a fan of survival adventure games, this one is hitting the balance of ARPG and Survival game pretty well! Its a 3 way mix up of BOTW, DS, and any survival crafting game you've played. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I've just spent the last 3 hours in Enshrouded and while I'm not usually a fan of survival adventure games, this one is hitting the balance of ARPG and Survival game pretty well! Its a 3 way mix up of BOTW, DS, and any survival crafting game you've played. 

Where can I play this?

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

And why would you play this particular crafting game over the far superior Palworld? :nottalking:

• True 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

And why would you play this particular crafting game over the far superior Palworld? :nottalking:

Shocking reveal Time! Please be seated. I've never liked Pokémon or monster collecting games in general.  

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:00 AM, crispy4000 said:

25% through all the missions in Crisis Core Reunion.

It's fun, but I'm ready to find some broken materia combinations and power through the story.

And I just did.  Darkenss: AOE materia that deals non elemental damage that ignores defense at the cost of some HP.  Paired with Curaga and Air Drain, an HP leach ability with i-frames.

I could see myself riding the rest of the game with these.  Darkness makes most encounters 5 seconds or less.  Especially now with an accessory to push past the 9,999 damage limit.  And the way this game works, you get HP back when you win without being hit.

I one shotted Bahumut.  And people said FFXVI was easy…