~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I got my second dose today as well. I got the shot at 10:30 a.m. and was worried that I wouldn't feel great for a short live-streaming gig I had at 4:00 p.m. But I made it through that event just fine. My arm is sore but otherwise I think I feel pretty normal. 

My first round of the Moderna vaccine went really well.  I'm at the end of my second day, and my arm never really got all that sore.  For a little bit, stretching it, I could feel some stiffness, but at this point, it's basically just tender where I was injected.  After hearing so many reports from others of a very sore arm, I was expecting the same, but it seems I lucked out on that one.  

1 hour ago, johnny said:

once i tried going to sleep i got the chills. not tooooo bad or anything but it is fucking with my sleep tonight lol.

felt like updating y’all for whatever reason lol 

I've felt like shit since about 9pm. I'm running a fever and my body aches. That said it's infinitely better than getting a bad case of Covid. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

once i tried going to sleep i got the chills. not tooooo bad or anything but it is fucking with my sleep tonight lol.

felt like updating y’all for whatever reason lol 

About to get it so I’m mentally preparing myself for this lol.

41 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I know someone who got their vaccine by using smoking as a pre existing condition. I do smoke, but that just feels dirty to me.

Just do it man, it’s not like you lobbied them to include it. It’s not your responsibility to determine what qualifications are or aren’t valid. 

After I signed up to get the vaccine, I kinda kicked the shame associated with using "asthma" as my reason. I don't officially have it, but I've had some issues in the past related to allergies, so I have an inhaler. 

BUT THEN I had a conversation with my brother who was freaking out about some stuff he learned about our dad's side of the family. Apparently all of my dad's relatives that have died have had heart issues. 

So I'm pretty confident that's what I'll have in store in another 20 years or so. And that potential is ABSOLUTELY a good reason to get vaccinated as SOON as possible. Because Covid will turbofuck you if you have heart issues. A lot of people don't know about their issues anyway. 

Just get vaccinated as soon as you can. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

After I signed up to get the vaccine, I kinda kicked the shame associated with using "asthma" as my reason. I don't officially have it, but I've had some issues in the past related to allergies, so I have an inhaler. 

BUT THEN I had a conversation with my brother who was freaking out about some stuff he learned about our dad's side of the family. Apparently all of my dad's relatives that have died have had heart issues. 

So I'm pretty confident that's what I'll have in store in another 20 years or so. And that potential is ABSOLUTELY a good reason to get vaccinated as SOON as possible. Because Covid will turbofuck you if you have heart issues. A lot of people don't know about their issues anyway. 

Not trying to scare but the same goes for my cousins husband. His side of his family has a history of heart health issues and this disease can fuck you badly. I mentioned it before but Covid caused 1/4 of his one lung too collapse. He did get heart issues sort of from this cause of the added stress. So best of luck going forward and people, use whatever you can and get your shot. Hopefully things will pick up quickly in Ontario. I’m looking forward more to the long hauler issues supposedly going away with the shot. Been having some issues the past day with just my usually bouts of nausea and headaches that come and go throughout my day. Oh, and I have started notice the Covid smell on me too. I deodorize and a few hours later that stink show up and reapply sometimes 2-3 times a day now. 

25 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Not trying to scare but the same goes for my cousins husband. His side of his family has a history of heart health issues and this disease can fuck you badly. I mentioned it before but Covid caused 1/4 of his one lung too collapse. He did get heart issues sort of from this cause of the added stress. So best of luck going forward and people, use whatever you can and get your shot. Hopefully things will pick up quickly in Ontario. I’m looking forward more to the long hauler issues supposedly going away with the shot. Been having some issues the past day with just my usually bouts of nausea and headaches that come and go throughout my day.

Yep! I go for my physical in a month, so I'll have a lot to talk about. Always fun to suffer anxiety about future heart issues and manifest those heart issues due to that anxiety! 

My mom got her first AstraZeneca shot yesterday (I think I mentioned), along with my FIL the day before, and neither have had any reaction or even sore arm. I've been keeping them up to date on the health region's tweets and they've been telling all their friends to go as the age eligibility has expanded. Now the city has opened it up to anyone from 60-64 to drive to the site. I think the wait times right now are around 5 hours. That's good that people really want the shot, though!

When my FIL told a friend of his that he'd had his first shot (he is bragging to everyone that he got it), his friend said that he was a sheep and that COVID-19 wasn't real, and that the government is just trying to control everyone. Jesus Christ. Fortunately I think vaccine intention is at 80%+ in Canada still, so hopefully most everyone will get it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chollowa said:

I've felt like shit since about 9pm. I'm running a fever and my body aches. That said it's infinitely better than getting a bad case of Covid. 

yeah i feel like crap. no fever but my body is exhausted and achey. not horrible though and if it only lasts a couple days i’ll be happy. 

So far I've seen a doctor about a lingering shoulder injury from last year that I was going to see a doctor about right as everything shut down last year, and started physical therapy for that. 

Next up: scheduling the colonoscopy I'm overdue for. 

Really living wild now. 

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Alright, so if we're all officially cool with admitting to stretching the eligibility requirements to get vaccinated...I'm already fully vaccinated. :ana:

You wiener :p 

But I’m glad you got it, you’ve been high on my list of people who I hoped would get theirs quickly

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Japan 👀 

ywzga1krfln61.jpg

np_file_75849-870x489.jpeg
WWW.JAPANTIMES.CO.JP

Suga is being vaccinated as part of preparations to visit the U.S. next month, when he will become the first world leader to meet in person with President Joe Biden.

Seems like the EU is holding Japan up too, but they are also having difficulty securing the syringes needed

58 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You wiener :p 

But I’m glad you got it, you’ve been high on my list of people who I hoped would get theirs quickly

I appreciate that. I guess there was a while there was I wasn't exactly subtle about how unhappy I was about not getting it, huh? :p

I haven't said anything because I haven't told anyone other than my parents since there's still a lot of people getting weird and nosy about whether you cut the line and it can be kind of unpredictable who's gonna have that reaction. So so far doing some medical appointments, going into my office occasionally and doing in-person grocery shopping again, but otherwise no big changes so far--don't want to call attention to being vaccinated yet and figure I may as well wait until more people are vaccinated for things like indoor dining anyhow. But a lot less anxiety about things like if I'm near someone not wearing their mask properly for a minute or two. I have a flight to visit my parents on May 15 and at that point I guess it's naturally going to come up about whether I'm vaccinated when I tell people I'm doing that, but it seems like people should hopefully stop being nosy about exactly when/how you got vaccinated by then.

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

Full pardon.

Anyone else need their nonsensical able bodied guilt absolved? 

• Haha 5

Just now, Jwheel86 said:

Full pardon.

Anyone else need their nonsensical able bodied guilt absolved? 

I at no point felt bad or guilty about what I was doing, I just don't want to deal with other people's judgy reactions to finding out I'm already vaccinated. :p