~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Apparently I can get it because I'm a smoker. Doesn't matter that I'm a bartender and we just opened back up again, so I'm interacting with hundreds of people every day, many of whom aren't wearing masks when I'm in proximity. But hey! Smoking is a pre existing condition.

I have a paranoid habit of never putting the fact that I smoke in any kind of official document, though. Fuck that if my insurance company ever finds out.

My FIL is in line right now at our first mass-vacc drive-thru clinic. Right now the province has a single website/phone line that you can use to book appointments (right now only 70+, but the ages eligible lowers each day by two to five years). However, we also just received an extra shipment of 15,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine when it was approved, and it's only been approved for people ages 64 and under. So, because my city is the hotspot in the province, the government basically said "anyone who is 64 years old on Mar 15 can come to the mass-vacc site and get it on a first-come, first-served basis." Really dumb, but also a way for them to test the site before it's rolled out for the entire public in the coming weeks/months. So, he got in line at 5:30am (it opens at 8:30am) and is 20th in line. Whatever doses aren't used today will be rolled over to tomorrow for people aged 63, which my mom falls into, so I hope she gets it tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Hopefully it's just performative?  Maybe suspend it for a few days to "investigate" and give it the all clear.

Seems to be the case, but why? They are so short on vaccines as it is and cases are climbing. I don't know if anyone is going to be reassured to get the AZ vaccine by doing this silly pause.

Vaccine shipment schedules were updated...and yeah, it's going to be increasing massively in Canada. According to the data, it looks like everyone over the age of 30 should be able to get at least their first dose by the end of May, assuming the provinces can handle the rollout. Then 16-29 by the end of June for their first dose, followed by everyone getting their second dose over the summer months.

• Like 1

After getting my first dose of the Moderna vaccine today, sitting there for the required 15 minutes, a woman walked through the entrance who had apparently signed up and asked the nurse at the front desk, "does this vaccine have a microchip in it?". 

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vaxick said:

After getting my first dose of the Moderna vaccine today, sitting there for the required 15 minutes, a woman walked through the entrance who had apparently signed up and asked the nurse at the front desk, "does this vaccine have a microchip in it?". 

It doesn't but perhaps we should microchip everyone who feels the need to ask such a dumbass question. I think it'll help for later when we need to purge some folks.

• Shocked 1

On the one hand, there is a great opportunity and a captive market. On the other, there are more and more factories opening to make this stuff, and more and more vaccines being approved. So you don't want to be the $50 vaccine when your competitors are asking $10 or $3.

My city just announced they are lowering the age of the AstraZeneca mass-vac drive-thru clinic to 63 year-olds, so I called my mom and she is on her way! Wait times were between 1 and 5 hours depending on when people went today, so hopefully she makes the cutoff before it closes (4:50pm right now and it closes at 11:30pm). Very excited and I hope she gets it today. 

50 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Did the nurse say “yea” or lie to this hero? :flag:

• Haha 1

Grown ups in the White House and Europe tripping over it’s collective peen on vaccination feels like a nice change of pace from the previous 4 years here

2 hours ago, Joe said:

He's got good stuff. See that video I posted earlier in this thread!

5 hours ago, vaxick said:

asked the nurse at the front desk, "does this vaccine have a microchip in it?". 

It's funny since the other day I said something like this in jest in Rachel's vaccination thread. Then I heard a couple days later people talking about microchips in shots and I though, "huh so this is actually a thing?" :/

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's funny since the other day I said something like this in jest in Rachel's vaccination thread. Then I heard a couple days later people talking about microchips in shots and I though, "huh so this is actually a thing?" :/

Microchips in the vaccines has unfortunately been a thing since day 1 with QAnoners - believing something along the lines that Bill Gates and the liberal elite want to track us and keep tabs on us and will be able to control us. They also believe 5G will give you cancer or something. So, like, a bunch of idiots.

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

something along the lines that Bill Gates and the liberal elite want to track us and keep tabs on us and will be able to control us. They also believe 5G will give you cancer or something. So, like, a bunch of idiots.

Well I know about all of this!