~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Awesome, the government is gonna shut down because Trump is too bored to care now.

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought of that. So even forgetting how desperately we need stimulus we also need some kind of CR to avoid a government shutdown?

When does that come due, December?

4 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought of that. So even forgetting how desperately we need stimulus we also need some kind of CR to avoid a government shutdown?

When does that come due, December?

December 11. We're gonna break the record the previous shutdown hit, I bet.

36 minutes ago, Joe said:

At the very least he needs to shut down indoor dining soon.

Sadly, I’d argue gyms too. The gym I go to is fairly good about it, probably 90% because of my fiancé being on her co-workers + managers asses about it, but I can certainly imagine other gyms not being as on top of it (regarding proper mask-wearing).

106691333-15992398072020-09-04t171257z_2
WWW.CNBC.COM

Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said the country needs leadership.

Can't see repubs giving us the bill we need for this.

So last month Doug Ford said on tv this period now (mid Nov) would have us see our peak in cases. It was probably a stupid thing to say and gave people and excuse to gather again. Now they said that this is probably just the beginning and will now reach a peak of 3-6k cases a day by mid December. I say lock us up starting next week and be hard enforcing the restrictions to get this shitty situation back under control. 

Chicago just announced it is doing it next week

24 minutes ago, silentbob said:

So last month Doug Ford said on tv this period now (mid Nov) would have us see our peak in cases. It was probably a stupid thing to say and gave people and excuse to gather again. Now they said that this is probably just the beginning and will now reach a peak of 3-6k cases a day by mid December. I say lock us up starting next week and be hard enforcing the restrictions to get this shitty situation back under control. 

Chicago just announced it is doing it next week

Trudeau is hinting he may invoke a federal emergency to give the government more powers over provincial affairs, and Ford is having a tantrum about it.

2020-11-12T000221Z_1485386780_RC241K9LSX
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

President reportedly flew into a rage on hearing the news, and saw it as further evidence that he was somehow screwed out of election victory.
7F6WHEEEFYI6VANDS2IMTCARCE.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

President Trump is lashing out at the Food and Drug Administration following a disclosure Monday that an experimental coronavirus vaccine from pharmaceutical giant Pfizer is more than 90 percent effective, convinced the timing — six days after Election Day — proves the “medical deep state” deliberately tried to sabotage his electoral prospects by delaying the results.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trudeau is hinting he may invoke a federal emergency to give the government more powers over provincial affairs, and Ford is having a tantrum about it.

Fuck Ford, he has been dragging his feat and saying he is waiting for evidence when it keeps slapping him in the face day after day. If we hit 2k daily then I hope the federal government goes over his head and forces an immediate shutdown for 2-4 weeks to get this back under control.

28 minutes ago, Jason said:
GettyImages-1229578927-804x536.jpg
TALKINGPOINTSMEMO.COM

5 Points On Why The Latest COVID Crisis Is So Bad, And Why It's Poised To Get Much Worse

“The default has been inaction on the federal government’s part for a lot of this, and we’ve basically gotten to the point where the administration doesn’t seem to be doing a whole lot to try and stem the current surge of infections,” Michaud said.

“These things burn out for different reasons. For one, you could have specific populations with effective herd immunity,” Michaud said. “I shudder to think what that would mean at a state or national level, but it’s now a possibility.”

South Dakota....

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f

37 minutes ago, Jason said:
106794428-1605200185262-AP20285656009181
WWW.CNBC.COM

The Kentucky Supreme Court upheld Gov. Andy Beshear's emergency coronavirus executive orders on Thursday amid a surge of cases in the state.

Kentucky is a state.

Kentucky is a state.

All Most the people there are dicks.

Kentucky is a state.

:sun: