~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

My brother is hearing rumblings that Ontario is going to possibly impose a 2 week lockdown at the beginning of January. They were pretty much gonna keep kids back for 2 weeks after the holiday anyways, and now they will have parental supervision. 

January is too late. I really do think we will get on boxing day like last year. 

• True 1

5 minutes ago, chakoo said:

January is too late. I really do think we will get on boxing day like last year. 

I’m completely with you on that. Boxing Day is a time my family spends with my dad’s side of the family to celebrate Xmas. Today after some phone calls, we all pretty much agreed to hold off one more year and play it safe. 

On 12/17/2021 at 10:56 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I would suggest not doing that as this thread is full of useful articles that posters link that some of us may miss otherwise. Pretty much what I use it for.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:42 PM, SimpleG said:

My family said fuck it, we are vaccinated with boosters and we gonna spend Christmas together. We are gonna travel after the first of the year. We have waited for the rest of this country to fall in line but that isnt gonna happen.

With that said you are the Overlord but leaving this thread alone harms no one 

Very well - I relent :p

I was just in an agitated mood when I posted that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm fully convinced that COVID-downplayers / antivaxxers are the worst fucking people to ever exist. Just disgusting, ammorral selfish garbage people. I want them all to die alone choking on their own fucking fluids. Just, what the fuck is wrong with these people? What the fuck is wrong with them?

Imagine if 800,000 Americans died in some massive instant tragedy, and then half the country was running around like nothing happened... making fun of, mocking, downplaying and belittling the people trying to improve things and/or help less people die in a probably second tragedy? Like, just fucking imagine. We don't have to, because it's fucking happening right now. FUCK ALL THESE STUPID FUCKS.

2 hours ago, ort said:

I'm fully convinced that COVID-downplayers / antivaxxers are the worst fucking people to ever exist. Just disgusting, ammorral selfish garbage people. I want them all to die alone choking on their own fucking fluids. Just, what the fuck is wrong with these people? What the fuck is wrong with them?

Imagine if 800,000 Americans died in some massive instant tragedy, and then half the country was running around like nothing happened... making fun of, mocking, downplaying and belittling the people trying to improve things and/or help less people die in a probably second tragedy? Like, just fucking imagine. We don't have to, because it's fucking happening right now. FUCK ALL THESE STUPID FUCKS.

Dude How You Really Feel GIF by Dead Meat James

5-year-old Daughter (who was single vaccinated) tested positive last week.

Normally, she has very little interaction with anyone outside of school, but in a twist of fate, she saw 3 grand-parents and an aunt the day she started to show symptoms.

Good news, as everyone is double vaccinated (with a booster for the grand-parents), all 8 of us tested negative.

I still continue to have a cough, but its either unrelated or the viral load is too low for the PCR test to pick it up.

Vaccines work.

• Like 1

Booked my niece's booster for tomorrow night (her age group just became eligible this morning), so happy about that. My province is the only place in Canada not to have seen an Omicron wave yet, so we're still planning to see direct family (i.e. dinner with just the parents) on Christmas Eve, and then Boxing Day. Everyone has to take rapid tests both days, and now everyone will have at least three shots in them (though three of us will only have had them for a few days). However, if cases start to rise here then we might hold off, we'll see.

Also I made a dumb mistake yesterday while getting my booster—the nurse asked me something like "you received Pfizer for your first two doses, you are all right with Pfizer again?" I said yes, but I should have asked if I could get a Moderna instead! I mean, realistically it will make little difference for me. Or I could have asked for AZ, got the needle in a fake arm, and shipped the arm to @Jason so he could suck the fluid from it.

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Booked my niece's booster for tomorrow night (her age group just became eligible this morning), so happy about that. My province is the only place in Canada not to have seen an Omicron wave yet, so we're still planning to see direct family (i.e. dinner with just the parents) on Christmas Eve, and then Boxing Day. Everyone has to take rapid tests both days, and now everyone will have at least three shots in them (though three of us will only have had them for a few days). However, if cases start to rise here then we might hold off, we'll see.

Also I made a dumb mistake yesterday while getting my booster—the nurse asked me something like "you received Pfizer for your first two doses, you are all right with Pfizer again?" I said yes, but I should have asked if I could get a Moderna instead! I mean, realistically it will make little difference for me. Or I could have asked for AZ, got the needle in a fake arm, and shipped the arm to @Jason so he could suck the fluid from it.

</3

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
merlin_199252914_b50f66d9-0f8c-47aa-a6a5
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

A 50-microgram dose increased antibodies by roughly 37-fold, and a full dose of 100 micrograms was even more powerful, the company said.

Damnit, should have lied and said I'm immunocompromise to get the full dose.