~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

As of today, anyone 12+ in my province can get their first dose. Awesome to see demand staying high.

My 17-year-old niece went to a drive-thru clinic yesterday and got hers, which I am very happy about. Her mom (my wife's sister) is...dumb, and is not going to be vaccinated, and tried to convince my niece not to be, either. Fortunately she (niece) is dating a guy in the military (only 18, not super creepy, lol) who has been vaccinated since Jan, and who has actually administered vaccines in long term care homes when the military was sent in to help. So he's seen first-hand what the virus has done to people in vulnerable places. So he convinced her to get the shot, and explained the risks, side-effects, etc. Tomorrow she will be taking her younger brother (14) to get the shot as well. I'm very happy about that. Fortunately in my province anyone 13 and up can make certain medical decisions for themselves, provided they are of sound mind. Vaccination is one of them.

• Like 1

pfizer-prueba-vacuna-nenes.jpg?fit=1024%
WWW.NBCPHILADELPHIA.COM

Pennsylvania is marking a milestone, with 50% of adults statewide now considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

PA will lift all COVID restrictions on Memorial Day.  The only exception will be the mask mandate for unvaccinated adults, but the state will lift that as well once the total vaccinated adult population is at 70%.  According to the article, 68% have at least one dose, so I don't expect it to remain much longer.

LFG!

PSFB7PRFUCHMKD73UMHG3YKZOE.aspx
WWW.BALTIMORESUN.COM

Any Maryland resident 18 and older who received a COVID-19 vaccination in the state is eligible.

Using vaccination records, the health department will randomly assign numbers to people who’ve been vaccinated in the state and the lottery will draw one winner a day, starting Tuesday and through July 3, for a $40,000 prize each. Winners will be picked using a random number generator.

Then, on July 4, a final drawing will award one winner a grand prize of $400,000.

I got an email on my work account that out of about 1,500 people who live near one of our officse, they got about 1,250 responses on their vaccine survey, and 74 percent are already fully vaccinated and 22 percent have received at least one dose or plan to be vaccinated within a month. Only 4 percent said they don't plan to get vaccinated at all (lol dummies). Which works out to at least 80 percent fully vaccinated by early June, presumably higher accounting for the non-responders and some people who responded after the survey had closed. Which is reassuring to know for whenever they end the mask requirement in the offices, although they said they're planning on just keeping it in place for now.

Posted from another thread

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Oh, apparently we're doing this thing now where we're allowing people without masks to come in if they have proof they're vaccinated. Such a pain in the balls. Require masks or don't, don't make me go through fucking fighting people about it, jesus christ. Fucking idiots.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Or just require people to wear masks indoors until a certain percentage of people are vaccinated. Easy peezy lemon squeezy

You have no control over other people. Get vaccinated and you don’t have to care.

Well, to be frank, you don’t need to care either way in most places at this point!

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You have no control over other people. Get vaccinated and you don’t have to care.

Well, to be frank, you don’t need to care either way in most places at this point!

He has to care when it's his job to enforce the rules. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

“I’m vaccinated”

”cool”

done

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Honestly, we are at the point on Oregon where you can just walk up to a place and get stabbed, so I'm totally fine with lifting masks. At this point I'm like don't make me enforce arbitrary rules. Have a mask mandate or don't. Don't have this like "well some people have to wear them but some people don't" bullshit. It's too much.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

“I’m vaccinated”

”cool”

done

I mean, yes, but the law is literally that someone has to have proof. I think it's dumb, but it is what it is. I'm a fucking mask cop and I didn't sign up for that.

52 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I mean, yes, but the law is literally that someone has to have proof. I think it's dumb, but it is what it is. I'm a fucking mask cop and I didn't sign up for that.

Is this an Oregon thing? That is fucking wild.

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Is this an Oregon thing? That is fucking wild.

It’s up to the business to allow people in without masks, but if they do they are required to get verification either with a card or a photo of the card. But there is no enforcement mechanism so who cares.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s up to the business to allow people in without masks, but if they do they are required to get verification either with a card or a photo of the card. But there is no enforcement mechanism so who cares.

Obviously his business does. They should have just kept the mandate for a little while longer. 

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

Obviously his business does. They should have just kept the mandate for a little while longer. 

That's where I'm at. Keep the mandate or don't, don't have this grey area where I guarantee you in a week I'm going to be tired of it and don't care about asking people anymore

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

There is no enforcement mechanism by the state. They aren’t requiring logs be kept. They are just shifting the honor system from individuals to businesses. You can’t compel businesses to do things outside of their requirements to hold a business license, so they rely on voluntary compliance

13 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's where I'm at. Keep the mandate or don't, don't have this grey area where I guarantee you in a week I'm going to be tired of it and don't care about asking people anymore

Is your boss telling you you have to? If he’s not, I wouldn’t worry about it.

I'm not the mask police. My job is already hard enough. Give people an inch and they'll take a mile and I don't have the time to care. I barely have the time to verify the 78 different state IDs, my care meter about vaccine cards is already running low.

I just think having a "okay, SOME people have to wear masks" is stupid. Everyone does or no one does. I don't have the mental capacity to enforce that shit on top of everything else. Make up your fucking mind.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Yes, my boss (or rather my boss's boss) is telling me to. I'm like I'm just going to stop asking people by about Sunday.

Yeah I mean then you’ve got no choice. Pain in the butt.

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This is a double edge sword that seems to put a lot of weight on the shoulders of employees.

To the Boss - Who cares!

To the employee - I have to do this but I don't care!

If the employee doesn't check and there is some sort of infection the boss isn't going to take the fall and the employee will take all the blame.

im-342013?size=1.5
WWW.WSJ.COM

Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE will deliver two billion doses of their Covid-19 vaccine to developing nations over the next 18 months, Pfizer Chief Executive Albert Bourla said Friday, the latest move by...

Need more and faster. This should honestly be more of a priority right now than getting more Americans dosed, especially kids. The truth is if rich countries cared, we could produce enough vaccines for 70%+ of the world’s population by year end.

23 hours ago, Jason said:

I got an email on my work account that out of about 1,500 people who live near one of our officse, they got about 1,250 responses on their vaccine survey, and 74 percent are already fully vaccinated and 22 percent have received at least one dose or plan to be vaccinated within a month. Only 4 percent said they don't plan to get vaccinated at all (lol dummies). Which works out to at least 80 percent fully vaccinated by early June, presumably higher accounting for the non-responders and some people who responded after the survey had closed. Which is reassuring to know for whenever they end the mask requirement in the offices, although they said they're planning on just keeping it in place for now.

I gotta think that of those 4%, some have conditions which prevent vaccination. My wifes nephew was born with liver problems, will need a transplant in the future. He cannot be vaccinated. 

Problem is, those refusing vaccinations because they are actually idiots put people like him at risk.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I gotta think that of those 4%, some have conditions which prevent vaccination. My wifes nephew was born with liver problems, will need a transplant in the future. He cannot be vaccinated. 

Problem is, those refusing vaccinations because they are actually idiots put people like him at risk.

4% of the respondents is 50 people. I guess it's possible but it seems a little unlikely that each and every one of those 50 people have legitimate reasons to not be getting vaccinated. SOME, certainly, but not all 50.

Like...for the overall population, 4% is way too high a number for people with legitimate reasons, right? 

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

4% of the respondents is 50 people. I guess it's possible but it seems a little unlikely that each and every one of those 50 people have legitimate reasons to not be getting vaccinated. SOME, certainly, but not all 50.

Like...for the overall population, 4% is way too high a number for people with legitimate reasons, right? 

Its more like less than 1%

• Thanks 1