~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

Rt.live has it at 0.97. No idea why the difference is so massive.

Must not be “live”, I literally just watched it be announced on Murphy’s press conference. :p 

Is the 0.97 like a monthly average or is it daily? Mine is the daily

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Must not be “live”, I literally just watched it be announced on Murphy’s press conference. :p 

Is the 0.97 like a monthly average or is it daily? Mine is the daily

From https://rt.live/ They update daily. I actually wonder if Murphy's numbers are behind, but I am not sure. They have had different numbers throughout the pandemic, but the difference was never this stark.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

She's not in trouble, Pelosi made a comment about how she doesn't trust her because she downplays how bad things are, basically she tried to cover for her boss while not outright lying. 

Edit:I guess she said the virus was widespread and set the moron off, lol. But she has been extremely cautious with her wording till now, maybe the Pelosi thing kinda got to her. 

Pelosi said what she said today, right? Birx' comments were yesterday. Birx has been getting flack for awhile now... I don't think what Pelosi said was a factor. I think she couldn't continue to carry water for Trump anymore because the facts are the facts.

23 minutes ago, Joe said:

From https://rt.live/ They update daily. I actually wonder if Murphy's numbers are behind, but I am not sure. They have had different numbers throughout the pandemic, but the difference was never this stark.

I have no idea where that site is gathering info from. NJ has been well over 1 and climbing for several days. Friday was 1.35, Saturday was 1.38, yesterday was 1.49, today is 1.48.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/08/njs-coronavirus-rate-of-transmission-is-rising-heres-how-its-calculated.html

The Rt climbed to 1.35 on Friday, the day Murphy made his remarks. The last time it was that high was April 7 — 115 days ago. New Jersey hit peak hospitalization April 14, when the Rt rose to 1.02.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I have no idea where that site is gathering info from. NJ has been well over 1 for nearly a week. Friday was 1.35, Saturday was 1.38, yesterday was 1.49, today is 1.48.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/08/njs-coronavirus-rate-of-transmission-is-rising-heres-how-its-calculated.html

They're gathering data from The COVID Tracking Project, which gathers data from NJ's websites, so I have no clue why the difference would be so large.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

They're gathering data from The COVID Tracking Project, which gathers data from NJ's websites, so I have no clue why the difference would be so large.

Me neither, but I’ve been watching/listening to Murphy’s briefings every time he’s had one (almost every day until he recently cut back) and that site barely matches what the actual rates have been here for July.

How the Pandemic Defeated America (The Atlantic)

How did it come to this? A virus a thousand times smaller than a dust mote has humbled and humiliated the planet’s most powerful nation. America has failed to protect its people, leaving them with illness and financial ruin. It has lost its status as a global leader. It has careened between inaction and ineptitude. The breadth and magnitude of its errors are difficult, in the moment, to truly fathom.

7 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

He didn't say this.  This was one of a series of sarcastic tweets by Winslow.

Seriously, regurgitating tweets like this as if tweeting something makes it real is just exacerbating the mass hypnotic spell of paranoia and angst that social media is casting on society.

Twitter and Facebook are two of the worse things to happen to social discourse since Cable News and Talk Radio.

15 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

He didn't say this.  This was one of a series of sarcastic tweets by Winslow.

Seriously, regurgitating tweets like this as if tweeting something makes it real is just exacerbating the mass hypnotic spell of paranoia and angst that social media is casting on society.

:doh:

Still pretty fucking bad that it's perfectly plausible that the president said that though.