~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

12 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Strong and stable government boyz.

I mean, it's the basic CYA move that employers make on a national level.....

Step 1 - Tell people to follow rule X.

Step 2 - Because rule X impacts efficiency negatively, create a work environment where it is impossible to actually follow rule X with demands for maximum efficiency.

Step 3 - When not following rule X blows up in your face, blame the workers because, hey, you tried to tell them to follow rule X!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I’ve had a dry cough since Monday, and have been self-isolating in my bedroom since then. I’m now sitting at a Covid-19 assessment centre. 
I’m surprised that in the last 10 minutes I am the only one that has coughed in the waiting room. 

How's your temp man? 

2 hours ago, Jose said:

My wife and I visited my parents on Mother's Day. Am I an asshole? We've been quarantined seperately since mid-March. We all had masks on and stayed 6 feet apart, but I still felt like I was doing something wrong.

Na you're probably fine if you guys have been quarantining and maintaining social distance. I'm quarantining with my parents in the same house and im the only one who leaves occasionally to go to work. When I do go to work I'm very careful and I'm rarely around other people. I'm more worried about getting family sick than me getting sick.

23 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I’ve had a dry cough since Monday, and have been self-isolating in my bedroom since then. I’m now sitting at a Covid-19 assessment centre. 
I’m surprised that in the last 10 minutes I am the only one that has coughed in the waiting room. 

Do you suspect you were exposed to anyone that was sick?

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I have something that is bacterial or viral - symptoms are consistent with Covid. 

if I do, I must have been exposed while grocery shopping last week. 

What are your symptoms? How long were you in the grocery store when you went? Was it crowded were people maintaining social distance?

40 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I have something that is bacterial or viral - symptoms are consistent with Covid. 

if I do, I must have been exposed while grocery shopping last week. 

My wife was sick for over a month.  Still feeling affects of it actually.  When we were finally able to get a test, she came back negative.  

The problem is I'm not aware of any other virus or bacterial infection that would mirror both the symptoms and the length of sickness of COVID-19.  I still think she had it, and my daughter and I were asymptomatic. 

59 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What are your symptoms? How long were you in the grocery store when you went? Was it crowded were people maintaining social distance?

Dry cough, tight chest. My temp at the assessment centre was 99.7 using a tongue thermometer. 
About an hour. Stores are limiting who goes in. I did three runs last week, one to CostCo, one to our regular grocery store, one to a second grocery store for my parents. Time inside is about 45 mins. 
People are generally socially distancing- but it is hard in grocery store, some people are still spending a long time looking at items, while others will pass you as soon as you stop to get something off a shelf. 

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Dry cough, tight chest. My temp at the assessment centre was 99.7 using a tongue thermometer. 
About an hour. Stores are limiting who goes in. I did three runs last week, one to CostCo, one to our regular grocery store, one to a second grocery store for my parents. Time inside is about 45 mins. 
People are generally socially distancing- but it is hard in grocery store, some people are still spending a long time looking at items, while others will pass you as soon as you stop to get something off a shelf. 

Damn man... I hope you're good. Are most people wearing masks where you are?

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

How long to get results?

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn man... I hope you're good. Are most people wearing masks where you are?

About 1/3 are. In Canada, the guidance is normally to wear a mask if you can’t physically distance. 

44 minutes ago, Jose said:

How long to get results?

48-hours. 
TBH, I’m pretty sure I have it. 

Whatever it is, hope you get better soon @AbsolutSurgen!

We decided to go get my mother in law from New Mexico as she still gets lots of visitors because people aren’t taking it very seriously where she lives. 

I haven’t put on any lockdown weight, but fixin to get real fat with my Mexican MIL staying with us for a couple months or more

:dab:

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Whatever it is, hope you get better soon @AbsolutSurgen!

We decided to go get my mother in law from New Mexico as she still gets lots of visitors because people aren’t taking it very seriously where she lives. 

I haven’t put on any lockdown weight, but fixin to get real fat with my Mexican MIL staying with us for a couple months or more

:dab:

Where is your wife's family from in Mexico?

3 hours ago, Jose said:

Where is your wife's family from in Mexico?

Chihuahua on her mom’s side, and then her dad’s side is partly from somewhere in Spain and the Monterey area of Mexico.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

My parents were supposed to come visit me March 14. They canceled the trip March 13. At this rate it'll probably be over a year without seeing them, since we're on opposite sides of the country. :/

The last time I saw my mom was on my birthday which was like a week before the lock down. Even on March 9th the atmosphere at the restaurant was kinda sketchy.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

4 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Pretty sure I've gained the Quarantine 15...if not more.

I hate this more than anything else.  Fuck.

I haven't gained anything, probably lost not very much, but sine the quarantine I've eaten one meal less and started doing planks every day.

McConnell Admits He Was Wrong on Obama Pandemic Plan: ‘I Clearly Made a Mistake’

Appearing on Fox News’ Special Report on Thursday, McConnell was confronted about his remarks by anchor Bret Baier. Noting that ousted vaccine chief Dr. Rick Bright accused Trump of being “woefully unprepared” for the pandemic during his House testimony on Thursday, Baier played a clip of Bright saying plans were in place for the administration to use but weren’t followed.

“You said that the previous administration didn’t leave a plan. They pushed back against that,” the Fox anchor stated.

“I was wrong,” McConnell conceded. “They did leave behind a plan. So I clearly made a mistake in that regard. As to whether or not the plan was followed and who is the critic and all the rest, I don’t have any observation about that because I don’t know enough about the details of that, Bret, to comment on it in any detail.”

:sun: 

Maybe he should have taken the, "I don't know enough about the details," approach the first time.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Please, Trump is nowhere near being Penske material.