~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Military on the border to stop them crafty canucks from dumping steel, and yes he said this during the COVID 19 Briefing today, lol.

The fucking moron probably thinks they literally drive up with trucks and dump it over the border.

27 minutes ago, outsida said:

She said he had a history of issues with Asthma. 

Sorry to hear that. 

This is also concerning for me since I get dog allergy induced asthma from time to time but I can’t get rid of my dog, he’ll die soon enough (or maybe I will beat him to the punch). 

12 minutes ago, MVRKCITY said:

Crazy (but not surprising) that we have just passed China a couple of hours ago for most cases in the world. 

I'm sure other large countries like India, Brazil, and Indonesia will eventually surpass China and the US.  It doesn't mean it's going to be all roses for the US though - We are going have death numbers that rival Vietnam I think.

20 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm sure other large countries like India, Brazil, and Indonesia will eventually surpass China and the US.  It doesn't mean it's going to be all roses for the US though - We are going have death numbers that rival Vietnam I think.

Absolutely. The onslaught obviously started from China, it’s passing thru the US now but it’s only a matter of time before other countries get severely exposed to it as well. 

10 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Coronavirus: Pangolins found to carry related viruses

Their are certain countries that claim anything that happens within their borders are "domestic issues".  It is clear that in 2020, there are very few "domestic" issues left -- the death and economic damage by China allowing (or not actively stopping) wildlife markets, and the trade in wild animals has caused widespread global damage.  We cannot forget this going forward.

Ah so this is why Pangolier has come back into the meta? @osxmatt

Jair Bolsonaro claims Brazilians 'never catch anything' as Covid-19 cases rise

Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has tried to reassure his citizens over the threat of coronavirus by claiming Brazilians can bathe in excrement “and nothing happens”.  “Not least because Brazilians need to be studied,” the right-wing populist added.  “They never catch anything. You see some bloke jumping into the sewage, he gets out, has a dive, right? And nothing happens to him.”

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I do agree with you, but the federal, official death toll will likely not match state numbers.

I think anyone who takes federal numbers at face value (or any numbers at face value fwiw)  is a fucking moron. 

If the numbers are as bad as expected, you can cite statistics over Grandma's grave