~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Just came here to post this

From the date of this Executive Order until April 17, 2020, Mississippi residents shall avoid social and other non-essential gatherings in groups of more than 10 people where the gatherings [sic] in a single space at the same time where individuals are in close proximity to each other," the order states. "This does not apply to normal operations of locations like airports, medical and healthcare facilities, retail shopping including grocery and department stores, offices, factories and other manufacturing facilities or any Essential Business or Operation as determined by and identified below."

43 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Toronto and Vancouver both looking at closing some downtown roads to vehicles in order to allow safer pedestrian social distancing:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-toronto-vancouver-look-into-closing-roads-to-traffic-to-create-space/

Yes please do. They should shutdown yonge st. I will say traffic in the city has been really light and can handle having a few main streets shutdown for pedestrians. ATM If you need to drive you can easily get around and find parking. It’s amazing for a change. The only concern is for them to do this there would need to be a sizable police presence to funnel traffic around.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

The 69-page manual literally spells out the steps, such as ordering extra PPE for hospitals early on, etc. They decided to ignore it because of course no admin has ever been as full of smart people as his.

Yeah but it was made in 2016, which means Obama made it, so it's obviously no good and very bad.

Good video from a doctor on how to reduce chance of infection while getting groceries or take-out:

The one thing that is wrong (based on earlier data) is that he says the virus only lives on cardboard for 1 hour, when we now know it can last up to 24 hours. He posted a comment below the video correcting this.

• Thanks 1

'Some may even die, I don't know': Former Wells Fargo CEO wants people to go back to work and 'see what happens'

The coronavirus crisis in the United States is only just beginning. But it's not too early for some Americans to flout social distancing and isolation guidelines and return to work, according to some executives.

Dick Kovacevich, the former CEO and chairman of Wells Fargo, told Bloomberg News that healthy workers under the age of 55 should return to work in April if the outbreak is controlled, saying that "some may even die" with his plan.

"We'll gradually bring those people back and see what happens. Some of them will get sick, some may even die, I don't know," said Kovacevich, a current executive at Cisco and Cargill. "Do you want to suffer more economically or take some risk that you'll get flu-like symptoms and a flu-like experience? Do you want to take an economic risk or a health risk? You get to choose."

The ethos of America.

• Guillotine 2

33 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Before all of this started, I was planning to visit NYC during Memorial Day weekend.

I think I can wait until next year.  That whole video was both depressing and terrifying.

I was there the first week of March (which already feels like a year ago). It was scheduled around when I could get time off and a cheap plane ticket, but now I'm really glad I went when I did. Any real travelling, especially to major cities, looks like it'll be off the menu for a while. 

4 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I was there the first week of March (which already feels like a year ago). It was scheduled around when I could get time off and a cheap plane ticket, but now I'm really glad I went when I did. Any real travelling, especially to major cities, looks like it'll be off the menu for a while. 

I was going to take my mother to see a couple Broadway shows on Easter Weekend, my refund still hasn't been processed for those tickets.

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well, it looks like Trump’s officially put politics and science on as grand a collision course as I can remember...either he and the pols who decide to flout the shutdown measures get egg on their face (and indirectly cause a whole bunch of deaths) or the epidemiologists do.  Fight of the century.

Neil Degrasse Tyson was right!