~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

There is no such thing as an ironic swastika. Displaying a swastika--or a Confederate flag--is such an abominable thing. Defending or justifying a vile symbol like that should make one an outcast. But in the Republican world it doesn't make you an outcast, it makes you more cash.  

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Here's a 3 minute video of someone applying for the $2000 monthly CERB payment (and being approved) over the phone. I think it's slightly quicker online.

Boring, but interesting!

I'd like to repeat the call for a separate Canadian good governance thread. 

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Important to remember that the disease doesn't just kill, it also causes.long-term damage in many who survive, including possible neurological and liver damage in some.

*might cause long-term damage, and we need more than a random Twitter thread to hold that as established fact

I mean for fucks sake, we have some users on here who have been directly impacted by the virus, and others who are clearly struggling with massive anxiety while this situation is ongoing. Let's not double down by posting speculative things that researchers haven't proven yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So it seems its definitely possible to get reinfected, its a small number of people and for maybe a variety of reasons.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/17/836747242/in-south-korea-a-growing-number-of-covid-19-patients-test-positive-after-recover

But some relapsed patients may have living viruses that make them sick. As of Friday, at least 61 developed symptoms, albeit mild.

A live virus is probably also transmissible, according to Jeong, but no secondary transmission by relapsed cases has been reported.

Reinfection through another virus carrier is a less probable scenario, considering that patients are retesting positive not long after they are released from treatment. Jeong said on Friday that relapse cases are detected an average of 13.5 days after recovery. The longest reported interval, however, is 35 days.

KCDC has also mentioned errors in testing or sample collecting as potential causes.

Short of definitive answers, authorities are for now advising recovered patients to stay home for an additional two weeks and to monitor for symptoms.

17 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

For people who have been to PAX East... the BCEC has been turned into a field hospital for COVID patients. The main goal is to treat people there who aren’t critically ill, saving hospital floor space for patients who are. My wife signed up to work there, her first shift is tonight.

They just turned the UMass Lowell Rec Center into a field hospital for the same reason. The BCEC is so huge, it's kind of wild to imagine.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

They just turned the UMass Lowell Rec Center into a field hospital for the same reason. The BCEC is so huge, it's kind of wild to imagine.

Yeah, it’s wild. The space is huge and I associate it so strongly with the show floor and tabletop freeplay, it’s extra weird to see it like this.

33 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

For people who have been to PAX East... the BCEC has been turned into a field hospital for COVID patients. The main goal is to treat people there who aren’t critically ill, saving hospital floor space for patients who are. My wife signed up to work there, her first shift is tonight.

And yet, it will still somehow be more germ free/sanitary than when it's used for PAX. 

:duckhuntdog:

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trudeau needs a haircut.

justinixjto.png

I was due for a hair cut a month ago when the county closed salons and barber shops, so it’s really gotten out of hand at this point. There is going to be quite the boom on those places when they can reopen :lol:

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I was due for a hair cut a month ago when the county closed salons and barber shops, so it’s really gotten out of hand at this point. There is going to be quite the boom on those places when they can reopen :lol:

There were reports that hair care products and hair dyes have been hoarded in recent weeks as well... I've been looking for some clippers so I can cut my nephew's heads but its been hard to find any. I shave my head so I'm good :cool: Jalen Rose is feeling it though