Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

15 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

To be fair, I believe the video and think you’re wrong. Both are upscaling. 

Im not denying the fact the the X uses upscaling.    Crispy is bringing up a OLD post  where i repeated what Ubisoft themselves said about the game.  they said the series X would be native 4k  and the ps5 would use dynamic 4k

1 minute ago, TomCat said:

Im not denying the fact the the X uses upscaling.    Crispy is bringing up a OLD post  where i repeated what Ubisoft themselves said about the game.  they said the series X would be native 4k  and the ps5 would use dynamic 4k

Ok. I know nothing about tech. I like pretty games that play well. 

31 minutes ago, TomCat said:

ole TomCat is just fine   Not my fault Ubisoft dont know what their own teams are doing. 

It’s more the marketing angle.  If everyone else is saying that their games run 4K, even if only when looking at skyboxes, you might as well.

Its why it’s so important to wait until release when 4K gets uttered.  We’re seeing the same sort of thing with 120fps too.

I was playing Odyssey on the One X leading up to next gen, and am still plugging away at it.  It could just be a placebo effect, but it looks sharper and crisper, and runs even smoother than I remember it.  I am just constantly blown away by how beautiful it looks.  I know it had dynamic resolution, so maybe its maintaining that 4k now and it just looks nice.

Overall, really loving the console.  I haven't used the controller yet at all, just took it out for a second to feel the size difference.  Still using my Elite.  Xbox has set themselves up in a good place with this box, and really look forward to see what they do with it over the coming gen.

I went back and played some launch Xbox One games, and damn were some of them just ugly compared to what they put out a few years later.  I really can't wait to see what comes over the next few years as they get their GDK cleaned up, and start utilizing all the tools to get the most out of the games.  

Also in regards to doubling of Frame Rates, I read they basically paused the work on that to ensure all BC was working at intended at launch, then they would have an announcement soon on the Framerates improvement's and whatever other boosts they will make to other BC titles.

They haven't announced an XO Event yet, so wonder if they will still try to do one in December sometime.  Game Awards I would expect something big from MS to follow up last years surprise.

11 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Also in regards to doubling of Frame Rates, I read they basically paused the work on that to ensure all BC was working at intended at launch, then they would have an announcement soon on the Framerates improvement's and whatever other boosts they will make to other BC titles.

They haven't announced an XO Event yet, so wonder if they will still try to do one in December sometime.  Game Awards I would expect something big from MS to follow up last years surprise.

I really can’t wait to see if we get anything great from the GA’s. I would live to see if theres any more surprise announcements (that people care about)?

Id love to see God of War, but I have no idea what I want from MS. Something new and unique that isn’t an fps. A Fable 4 release date would be amazing. 

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

I really can’t wait to see if we get anything great from the GA’s. I would live to see if theres any more surprise announcements (that people care about)?

Id love to see God of War, but I have no idea what I want from MS. Something new and unique that isn’t an fps. A Fable 4 release date would be amazing. 

I think mayyyybe The Initiatives Game announcement.  It's the one big thing they held back from the announcements earlier in the year that was kind of expected.

I still think Compulsions game is probably too early to announce.  They might have another big game being worked on by a 3rd Party Partnership as well.

• Like 1

So far I put my infared thermometer on both in spots all over the consoles. The xbox’s hottest spot was the back, at 58* under heavy load. Some places, like vents, were 55-56*c. The ps4 got up to 55 at its hottest spot near the ports on back. Most places were 52-53, including the fan exhaust. So both are very impressive at cooling so far. 

i got the idea from a tech video I watched. My PS4 got up to 70 after short usage, which isn’t horrible, but it made keeping it there really loud.

*Temp is in Celcius

So I got my PS5 and since both new systems at pretty much BC with most of my games. I tried to trade in my PS4 at EB to put towards a Series X, but because they have no more to pre-order. I had to put my name on a waiting list. (PS5 much bigger) I was #47 but she also said that they were for the Series X as the digital only system was mostly for online sales (don’t know if true, they are eb games) So here’s hoping I see one come in soon and trade my Xbox One X as well. Would almost cover most of my cost

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Which controller did you get?

Just a black Xbox Series X controller. People were saying the dpad is better then the elite 2 so I went for it. It gets here today according to amazon. I axtually think my new mobo has bluetooth so it should work wireless. 

10 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Enjoying the controller. Will assemble a list of fighting games i own later.

I was just playing some SF5, I always forget how fun fighters are. I need a new, next gen 3D fighter. Maybe I should check gamepass. 

And yeah, its a great controller! I wish it was as heavy as the Elite Series 2. But otherwise its just about perfect. Im very impressed with both new controllers. MS is so good at not trying to fix what isn’t broke. Minor comfort adjustments, a couple of new features, but exactly what you expect.  Im really impressed with MS this gen. I had very little use for my xbox one, so much that I didn’t even upgrade mid generation. But im really liking their new approach and I hope their success continues. I would rather see both sell 70m than one sell 120m while the other sells 30. Competition breeds innovation. 

59 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I was just playing some SF5, I always forget how fun fighters are. I need a new, next gen 3D fighter. Maybe I should check gamepass. 

And yeah, its a great controller! I wish it was as heavy as the Elite Series 2. But otherwise its just about perfect. Im very impressed with both new controllers. MS is so good at not trying to fix what isn’t broke. Minor comfort adjustments, a couple of new features, but exactly what you expect.  Im really impressed with MS this gen. I had very little use for my xbox one, so much that I didn’t even upgrade mid generation. But im really liking their new approach and I hope their success continues. I would rather see both sell 70m than one sell 120m while the other sells 30. Competition breeds innovation. 

MKX and KI are probably your best bets on Game Pass. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is on there too, I think... but... MvC 1-3 are infinitely superior (see what I did there?)

1 minute ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Can you enable auto-HDR for all games, including back compatible games?  Or is it only enabled for certain games?  I'm really excited to try out that feature.

Its automatically enabled for all games, unless they specifically turned it off. 

• Thanks 1