Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

39 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I don't know... looks blurry.  Almost like I'm watching a youtube video.  :)

I like how you are running around in short sleeves in the winter with a foot of snow on the ground and you only get the 'cold' indicator when you are actually submerged in water.  The instant you jump out of the water and back into the snow you are all warm again.

It is very much an AC game.  But yeah I'll be buying it and playing it right after I get my SeX.  I mean there aren't exactly a ton of options.

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

It's 1080p, that's why.  There's conflicting reports on what version of the game this actually is.  Though it is above 60fps.

Yea I was joking.  It is kind of cool that we have reached a level of graphics to where you can't easily show it using streaming on the internet.  (don't anyone freak out - I said easily)

Fortnite next-gen launch patch details:

Series X & PS5 at 4k60, unsurprisingly.  Series S at 1080p60.  Which is lower than X1X and PS4 Pro, but will have "most of" the improvements of the next-gen patch.

Experience a more dynamic and interactive world with grass and trees responding to explosions, enhanced fluid simulations for smoke and liquid (cooler-looking smoke and liquid effects), and all-new Storm and cloud effects.

No word on raytracing from the article.  Might not have made it in time.

Fortnite-Hero500-20.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Epic Game's Fortnite will be going next gen on day one of the console releases, so that's November 10th for Xbox and November 12th or November 19th for PlayStation depending on your territory. All pro

Direct Storage coming next year:

ultimate.png
DEVBLOGS.MICROSOFT.COM

Earlier this year, Microsoft showed the world how the Xbox Series X, with its portfolio of technology innovations, will introduce a new era of no-compromise gameplay. Alongside the actual console announcements, we unveiled the Xbox Velocity Architecture, a key part of how the Xbox Series X will deliver next generation gaming experiences.

• Starfield is a singleplayer, no multiplayer aspects. 
  • Procedural generation confirmed for Starfield and TES:VI
    • This is a tool for developers to create massive landmass and does not mean the land will be randomly generated in real time like No Man's Sky, meaning your game will look the exact same as everyone else. This is simply an engine tool to create larger worlds, so expect Starfield (planets?) to be much larger than Fallout 76's map, which is already four times bigger than Skyrim. 
  • **Huge major overhaul to the Creation Engine - larger than the jump from Morrowind to Oblivion ("**when people see the results, hopefully they'd be as happy as we are.")
    • Rendering
    • Animation
    • Artificial Intelligence & Pathing
    • Procedural Generation
    • And more areas.
  • “It’s going to be a while” until we see Starfield, the release can be subject to delays etc. so he really doesn’t feel comfortable talking about it yet.
    • He doesn't want to reveal Starfield earlier and just release teasers until the eventual release like Cyberpunk.
  • NPCs will play a large role in future games, cities will be expansive and large compared to past games, etc.
  • Will be on Game Pass from Day 1 alongside ES:VI.
  • Bethesda will continue to support mod support in the future.
  • Amount of developers are at least 4x - 5x larger than they were when they worked on Skyrim and Fallout 4. Starfield is going to be big. 
    • Bethesda Games Studio Dallas, Maryland and Montreal are working on Starfield.
    • Bethesda Games Austin is in charge of Fallout 76's post-development with the Brotherhood of Steel expansion update coming this December.

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
  • Starfield is a singleplayer, no multiplayer aspects. 
  • Procedural generation confirmed for Starfield and TES:VI
    • This is a tool for developers to create massive landmass and does not mean the land will be randomly generated in real time like No Man's Sky, meaning your game will look the exact same as everyone else. This is simply an engine tool to create larger worlds, so expect Starfield (planets?) to be much larger than Fallout 76's map, which is already four times bigger than Skyrim. 
  • **Huge major overhaul to the Creation Engine - larger than the jump from Morrowind to Oblivion ("**when people see the results, hopefully they'd be as happy as we are.")
    • Rendering
    • Animation
    • Artificial Intelligence & Pathing
    • Procedural Generation
    • And more areas.
  • “It’s going to be a while” until we see Starfield, the release can be subject to delays etc. so he really doesn’t feel comfortable talking about it yet.
    • He doesn't want to reveal Starfield earlier and just release teasers until the eventual release like Cyberpunk.
  • NPCs will play a large role in future games, cities will be expansive and large compared to past games, etc.
  • Will be on Game Pass from Day 1 alongside ES:VI.
  • Bethesda will continue to support mod support in the future.
  • Amount of developers are at least 4x - 5x larger than they were when they worked on Skyrim and Fallout 4. Starfield is going to be big. 
    • Bethesda Games Studio Dallas, Maryland and Montreal are working on Starfield.
    • Bethesda Games Austin is in charge of Fallout 76's post-development with the Brotherhood of Steel expansion update coming this December.

That’s nice but they really need to spend time on better writing . Developers like CDPR and Rockstar are so beyond them it’s not funny. 

20 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

It’s impressive the amount of people Bethesda employs and yet none of them are capable of programming fun gameplay. Wild. 

Your fanboy hat is closing in on your “Xbone has an external power brick so PS4 is better”-level of 2013. I love it. :daydream: 

• Haha 2

Averages 1728p on Series X in campaign with nearly the full suite of PC improvements (SSR quality is a little reduced), plus a few improvements of its own such as screen space GI.  Cutscenes are also full 60fps now opposed to X1X.

DF didn't talk about the resolution in multiplayer, but looks like it's a solid and steady 120fps.

4 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I saw Best Buy will be having an online-only restock for Black Friday, but I don't think there is word yet about the precise timing.  I'll be trying my best to snag one when they're available again.

What about an in-store restock? Some of us aren't living in lockdown. This online-only bullshit is stupid. 80% of them are gonna go straight to the scalpers just like the last ones.

25 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

What about an in-store restock? Some of us aren't living in lockdown. This online-only bullshit is stupid. 80% of them are gonna go straight to the scalpers just like the last ones.

They don't care who buys them as long as they are sold and paid for.