Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

8 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Burn in is a huge nono for me and the input lag is at the upper edge of what I like.

Edit input lag is 6.3 for Q80t

They both have ALLM via HDMI 2.1 for PS5 and XSX so input lag via ms is now semi-irrelevant, thankfully. It matters for non-2.1 consoles still, of course.

I hear ya on the burn-in thing - it’s always in the back of my mind, just like it was with my plasma. It’s why I wish Samsung had DV support, seeing two TVs playing a movie side-by-side with HDR10 vs DV, there was no way I could go with the non-DV TV. :/  But, it’s supposedly not much of an issue since the first couple of iterations unless you’re actually trying to get it by running the TV in a torch mode (ie: vivid mode), in one of the game modes there’s almost no chance supposedly.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

They both have ALLM via HDMI 2.1 for PS5 and XSX so input lag via ms is now semi-irrelevant, thankfully. It matters for non-2.1 consoles still, of course.

I hear ya on the burn-in thing - it’s always in the back of my mind, just like it was with my plasma. It’s why I wish Samsung had DV support, seeing two TVs playing a movie side-by-side with HDR10 vs DV, there was no way I could go with the non-DV TV. :/  But, it’s supposedly not much of an issue since the first couple of iterations unless you’re actually trying to get it by running the TV in a torch mode (ie: vivid mode), in one of the game modes there’s almost no chance supposedly.

My biggest concern was my wife . She is notorious for pausing and walking away from Netflix until some one else comes along. I can see my self leaving town for a week and her destroying the tv.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

My biggest concern was my wife . She is notorious for pausing and walking away from Netflix until some one else comes along. I can see my self leaving town for a week and her destroying the tv.

If you’re using the app through the TV, a screen saver automatically starts after 30-60ish seconds when something is paused and/or there’s no activity - the screen turns black and mini fireworks explode every 6-8 seconds 

39 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If you’re using the app through the TV, a screen saver automatically starts after 30-60ish seconds when something is paused and/or there’s no activity - the screen turns black and mini fireworks explode every 6-8 seconds 

I wish I could convey to you the levels that my wife goes thru to troll me or thru sheer force of will to not learn electronics.

when I bought my Q ,  I moved my Vizio 4K to the bedroom. So I explained to her that she would now use built in apps on the tv. All was well until 2 weeks later I get a text , I am 2 floors down in the basement.

Her : Netflix not working 

Me : working down here

Her : can you please come and look at it.

So up I go 

Me : let me see the remote 

Me : that’s the old roku remote , where did you get this ?

Her : closet 

Me : you didn’t wonder why it was in closet?

Her : shrug

Me: they don’t even look remotely the same

Her: yes they do!

Me : this one clearly says roku on it FFS

Her : I shouldnt have to read the remote fine print to work the tv

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I wish I could convey to you the levels that my wife goes thru to troll me or thru sheer force of will to not learn electronics.

when I bought my Q ,  I moved my Vizio 4K to the bedroom. So I explained to her that she would now use built in apps on the tv. All was well until 2 weeks later I get a text , I am 2 floors down in the basement.

So up I go 

This is a hate crime

25 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

So up I go 

I would say get an all-in-one remote, but teaching her how to use that might be masochistic :p 

25 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

So up I go 

:lol: Sorry I have to laugh because my wife does things like this as well. She is a really smart person but openly admits that she turns her brain off at home because she knows I can resolve/sort things out for her. 

13 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Burn in is a huge nono for me and the input lag is at the upper edge of what I like.

Edit input lag is 6.3 for Q80t

I have OLED that i game on. And if I’m not playing, my kids are. I’ve come back to a start screen countless times when my kids get distracted and not shut it off. Zero burn in issues in almost 2 years. Burn-in is not really an issue on newer OLEDs. 

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

So the Press is already receiving Xbox Series X's.  Seems they were told not to play with it yet, but I'd expect a lot of coverage to start hitting in the near future.

Are those actual units this time and not the BS Unboxing shit they tried to pull a few weeks ago? :lol: 

If they are real, good on MS to get them out to reviewers early.

Just now, chakoo said:

Are those actual units this time and not the BS Unboxing shit they tried to pull a few weeks ago? :lol: 

If they are real, good on MS to get them out to reviewers early.

I initially thought it was just the Shell like last time, but Keighly's post seems to indicate its the real thing.

Definitely pretty confident in the product to get it out so early.  Guess we will finally see some stuff running on Series X soon.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Why would you put your router in your entertainment center?

Probably an issue of where the cable hookup is. I know I have very limited options on where my router goes because of that. Could also be using the router in receiving mode to provide wifi->ethernet to other devices in the entertainment center

28 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why would you put your router in your entertainment center?

My modem connection is behind the entertainment center, so my router hangs out there as well

Cool new feature. 

• Shocked 1