Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Nah D1P is always a much more rational place to discuss these things.  Even when people disagree or have their preferences, it stays civil and reasonable.

Twitter on the other hand....

One person on here possibly thinks that Bethesda may be washed up due to Fallout 76 and Fallout 4. But I get his worry. His brother is swimming in sweat by now. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

A fan made video, pretty good.

I'll say this: I've always found Microsoft's E3 conferences to be underwhelming.  There's been quite a few years when Bethesda actually did them one better.

But now, we're moving onto a new generation of Microsoft.  One that will hopefully be a lot more about showing than telling, more about gameplay than concept teasing, less about acquisitions and more about progress.  I hope to never see an FMV trailer for an early production game, or for a freaking multiplayer mode, ever again from MS.  Because there will be too damn much to show.  That's the hope anyways.  E3 2021 could easily be their best yet.  And E3 2022 could top that.

I remember back when people used to get excited over who gets to show a 12-minute Call of Duty demo on stage, as if that was some kind of victory.  No more of that.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

I'll say this: I've always found Microsoft's E3 conferences to be underwhelming.  There's been quite a few years when Bethesda actually did them one better.

But now, we're moving onto a new generation of Microsoft.  One that will hopefully be a lot more about showing than telling, more about gameplay than concept teasing.  I hope to never see an FMV trailer for an early production game, or for a freaking multiplayer mode, ever again from MS.  Because there will be too damn much to show.  That's the hope anyways.  E3 2021 could easily be their best yet.

I remember back when people used to get excited over who gets to show a 12-minute Call of Duty demo on stage, as if that was some kind of victory.  No more of that.

Microsoft had said at some point they wanted a robust enough 1st Party Lineup that they could get 1 release per quarter.  That will be tough to hit, but with 23 studios, and rumors of potentially more, who knows.  They also are very close with Asobo, DontNod, Moon Studios, ect.

Will be interesting to see if they do 1 big MS showcase, or still give Bethesda their own.

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well that and didn't they devote a bunch of time to Fallout 76 and the 76 BR game and a ton of other stuff I can't even remember. :p

I didn't mind Fallout 76 getting a good chunk of time.  But oh man, was that presentation bad, even more in hindsight.

His Fallout 4 show was really overkill too.  The few sentences this video is cued up to basically summarizes the issues I have with his presentations:  (and yes, he really went on for 34 minutes)

5 minutes ago, The def star said:

Anyone here has a next gen ready TV? There are only 2 tvs I would consider and it's the LG CX or the Sony 900H. But the 900H doesn't have better HDR than my 900F. I will probably get the LG OLED CX once next year's models are out since they get discounted drastically and would want the 77" model.

I have the LG C9 and before anyone says "BUT its gots da problems with G-sync at 120hz 4K and VVR issues!" LG has already stated that these issues can and will be fixed shortly via a firmware update. So with that out of the way, I can heartily recommend LGs OLED C9 series and beyond!

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I have the LG C9 and before anyone says "BUT its gots da problems with G-sync at 120hz 4K and VVR issues!" LG has already stated that these issues can and will be fixed shortly via a firmware update. So with that out of the way, I can heartily recommend LGs OLED C9 series and beyond!

What's the biggest difference between the C9 and CX. C9 prices have gone down a good amount :thinking:

11 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I have a LG CX 48 inch.  Love it so far, but I've read it's not fully HDMI 2.1, or not as much bandwith as a C9.  Not totally sure but I'm happy with it thus far.

The claim from LG is that this will also be fixed in a new firmware patch shortly. 

Just now, JPDunks4 said:

This is mine in my setup.

20200922_173612.jpg

That's a good size for a desk. I currently have a 55" B7 in my bedroom and that's fine for now. Looking to upgrade my 75" 900F. I would love to get an 85" but OLEDs currently cap out at 77". Samsung have some great gaming tvs but no Dolby Vision is a deal breaker for me.

57 minutes ago, The def star said:

Anyone here has a next gen ready TV? There are only 2 tvs I would consider and it's the LG CX or the Sony 900H. But the 900H doesn't have better HDR than my 900F. I will probably get the LG OLED CX once next year's models are out since they get discounted drastically and would want the 77" model.

I can technically go get the 77 inch LG CX for $4000 but then I realize the shitty part of being an adult is that I should probably not do that. But I really want to....

I'll just have to make do with a 65 inch LG C8

59 minutes ago, The def star said:

Q80T

HDMI 2.1 

VRR

Input Lag at 4k 60 is 3.5ms

No burn in

19 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

They definitely need more studios for GP to work. 3-4 titles a year aren't enough, people could just month sub for $1 or whatever when a big game comes out play and beat it and then unsub until the next game comes out. They need you hooked in all year. Getting a publisher or two makes sense, small studios are nice and all but MS doesn't want you waitign until mid gen to jump in, they need you in now. It would be real crazy if they are getting Sega too. 

I mean it's totally cool if they go get say Asobo studios or Bloober Team, but that isn't moving the GP needle for another couple years.

2 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I can technically go get the 77 inch LG CX for $4000 but then I realize the shitty part of being an adult is that I should probably not do that. But I really want to....

I'll just have to make do with a 65 inch LG C8

Yeah being an adult sucks. I just installed a new roof and that cost a pretty penny so once I finish paying that off by the end of the year I will start putting some money away for when the C9 or CX get to $3k or less before I pull the trigger.

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

They definitely need more studios for GP to work. 3-4 titles a year aren't enough, people could just month sub for $1 or whatever when a big game comes out play and beat it and then unsub until the next game comes out. They need you hooked in all year. Getting a publisher or two makes sense, small studios are nice and all but MS doesn't want you waitign until mid gen to jump in, they need you in now. It would be real crazy if they are getting Sega too. 

I mean it's totally cool if they go get say Asobo studios or Bloober Team, but that isn't moving the GP needle for another couple years.

The $1 sub only works once per account I think. 

31 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Don't Samsung TV's have HDR+ which is pretty similar to Dolby Vision?

Minus the support... and DV is visually superior anyway :p 

45 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I get that ,for me everything else out weighs the lack of DV

LG OLEDs have all the features you listed minus the “no possible burn in”, though. They also don’t have the halo/bloom that QLEDs still have in dark scenes.

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Minus the support... and DV is visually superior anyway :p 

LG OLEDs have all the features you listed minus the “no possible burn in”, though. They also don’t have the halo/bloom that QLEDs still have in dark scenes.

Burn in is a huge nono for me and the input lag is at the upper edge of what I like.

Edit input lag is 6.3 for Q80t

I’ve had an LG OLED since 2017, watch sports, news, and game 95% of the time. Not a lick of burn in. Feels like an overblown concern to me at this point, and it was the main thing keeping me away from OLED the 18ish months before I finally pulled the trigger.