Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

13 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Might as well put those studios to work doing something since there’s still no games to speak of 👀

13 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Pretty sure Xbox Studios have put out more games this year than Playstation Studios.

5 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

No that’s not really the point. Obviously there’s lots to play on Xbox if you include multiplats. The joke comes from the complete lack of AAA, hell even AA exclusive games on Xbox vs Playstation. If you got by that list(which I’m not entirely sure is accurate) MS’s output plays into the narrative. Do those games suck? For the most part no, of course not. Do any of the games on that list push the needle? Not even close. 

Are you arguing Microsoft's 1st Party and Publishing Partners aren't releasing games, or that they aren't as good as Sonys?  My point was answering the common Sony fanboy argument I see on Twitter "Microsoft bought all these studios, then where's the games"

Well they bought these studios in 2018.  A lot of the studios they bought had either just released a game, or were close to releasing a game already in development that had other Publishing deals.  That's why they are multiplat.  Being multiplat doesn't mean their studios aren't doing anything and doesn't diminish from their talent.

Then we have the argument as to why there aren't these huge new AAA games ready for launch. Obviously Halo Infinite's delay is a big one.  343 had 5 years to make a new great Halo failed.  They seemed to have shaken up the leadership there, at least for now, due to this.  I also expected Turn 10 to have a new Forza ready to go for launch.

Other than that though, do we really want Micorosoft to have their brand new studios rush to get games out in less than 2 years for launch?  These were essentially all smaller AA Studios that were just coming off releases, or still in the middle of projects.  All evidence points to the fact Microsoft has increased funding to all these studios to expand their talent numbers, they have all essentially moved to new larger Studio Space, and I think just about all of them are rumored to be or shown to be working on new AAA Projects.  I think anyone being realistic wouldn't expect these games to start being ready before next Holiday the soonest, but most likely starting in 2022 sometime.

Sony Santa Monica released 1 game this generation, and it took 5 years between God of War Ascension to God of War PS4.  Naughty Dog had 3 years between Last of Us, to Uncharted 4, then 4 years from Uncharted 4 to Last of US 2.  Sucker Punch had 6 years between Infamous SS to Ghost of Tsushima.   Insomniac seem to be the fastest turnaround studio, taking 2 years between Sunset Overdrive to Ratchet and Clank PS4, then 2 years from that to Spiderman.  Guerilla took 4 years to go from Killzone Shadowfall to Horizon Zero Dawn.

So I think it's fair to say, if people really expect the same quality of big AAA games from Microsofts Studios that "move the needle" as we are seeing out of Sony's it's fair to say we may have to wait 4-5 years before those games are ready from the 2018 acquisition dates.  Either that or they continue to rush out smaller AA Titles, then Microsoft get crushed for that anyways.

Playground - Forza Horizon 4 - 87

Obsidian - Pillars of Eternity 2 - 87

inXile - Bards Tale IV - 79

Undead Labs - State of Decay 2 - 68

Rare - Sea of Thieves - 66 (Continuous updates every few months that has game vastly improved since launch)

Compulsion Games - We Happy Few - 64

Coalition - Gears 5 - 84

Worlds Edge - Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition  - 84

Obsidian - The Outer Worlds - 83

Ninja Theory - Bleeding Edge - 65 (Small Team Passion Project)

Xbox Publishing - Flight Sim - 92

Xbox Publishing - Ori and Willow of the Wisp - 90

inXile - Wasteland 3 - 86

Coalition - Gears Tactics - 82

Xbox Publishing - Tell Me Why - 78

Mojang - Minecraft Dungeon - 74

Obsidian - Grounded (Early Access Passion Project)

46 minutes ago, jaethos said:

That's quite possibly the worst time they could do it for me. I get up at 5:30 for work. I'm going to have to set an alarm for 1am and hope I can go back to sleep.

I'm going to need some confirmation before I set an alarm.  That would be 2AM for me.  However it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if that is the time.  I would be online hitting refresh and there would be many less people doing that in the middle of the night than there would be during the day.

2 hours ago, jaethos said:

That's quite possibly the worst time they could do it for me. I get up at 5:30 for work. I'm going to have to set an alarm for 1am and hope I can go back to sleep.

1 hour ago, number305 said:

I'm going to need some confirmation before I set an alarm.  That would be 2AM for me.  However it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if that is the time.  I would be online hitting refresh and there would be many less people doing that in the middle of the night than there would be during the day.

So, I think @The def star just based off that tweet and converted the UK time to PST and EST, but that was for UK retailers only, not US. Don’t set your alarms unless you want to import one. :p 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

So, I think @The def star just based off that tweet and converted the UK time to PST and EST, but that was for UK retailers only, not US. Don’t set your alarms unless you want to import one. :p 

It wasn't just him.  There were some industry journalists that were speculating a midnight pst.  But the second tweet from XBOX that said wait for region specific times pretty much kills that notion.

Just now, number305 said:

It wasn't just him.  There were some industry journalists that were speculating a midnight pst.  But the second tweet from XBOX that said wait for region specific times pretty much kills that notion.

That’s why no one takes gaming “journalists” seriously, I guess :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

That’s why no one takes gaming “journalists” seriously, I guess :lol: 

If it can release at 12am pst that would be perfect for me as I am usually up at 11pm for work. My only debate is if I'm going to pre order on Amazon or try to get the Gamestop deal and trade in one of my Xbox One X's. Fingers crossed :pray:

4 minutes ago, The def star said:

If it can release at 12am pst that would be perfect for me as I am usually up at 11pm for work. My only debate is if I'm going to pre order on Amazon or try to get the Gamestop deal and trade in one of my Xbox One X's. Fingers crossed :pray:

Preorder pages aren’t going up at 3am for a third of the country, bro. :p 
Release, though? Yea, sure, lots of places will have midnight launch parties.

2 minutes ago, jaethos said:

That's good. I'm OK with most times during the day.

I have the money ready, but I kind of want to do the all access, since it looks like you actually get a discount, both in pricing and sales tax being included. :hmm:

I'm actually tempted to do All Access too for the S, since it's even a larger discount.  And the 24 Month Code for Game Pass can be kept until you need it.

So in the case Game Pass goes up in price in the next few years, I'll be covered til like 2024

Information that I still need prior to pulling the trigger on a preorder next Tuesday:

• Going with the $35/month option - where exactly does this money go? To Target/Best Buy/Gamestop/Amazon etc. where I purchase the console from directly or is it financed through MS instead?
  • If I preorder via the store website & opt for it to be shipped, will it arrive on November 10th at my door or will I have to wait days after launch (especially with how the postal service is shit at the moment?)
  • What about my current external 4 TB HDD? Will it work with the new console? Also, what about current gen headphones? Are there any 3rd party options launching day & date or within the window that haven't yet been announced?