Ghost of Tsushima OT - Mud, Blood, and Steel, update: Rivals mode added to Legends

SaysWho?

6 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

im actually not even trying to stealth all the much and that is usually my default in games like this.  i love just walking up to a enemy outpost or whatever and challenging them then just go to town wrecking them

Yup, same. I may stealth a few people, but it feels better to basically do what your uncle encouraged you to do.

Also, this game and Horizon Zero Dawn are wrote beautiful to traverse at night. Probably more so for Horizon since it seemed colorful at night. This game looks lovely as well, but it has a beautiful color palette to explore during the day.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Pro-tip, if you observe an enemy leader by stealthing into an encampment you get a point, then ANOTHER point for killing them. This helps to unlock the stances way faster.

I've tried doing this and been near them, but nothing. I'll have to youtube to see what i'm doing wrong :\

As for the map icons, I really haven’t gotten that many. When I go to a question mark it’s either something cool or something quick. Doesn’t really feel like AC’s map besides it looking similar. AC has icons all over the fucking place and I have to use the filter to get rid of the BS. 

1 hour ago, ARZ said:

I've tried doing this and been near them, but nothing. I'll have to youtube to see what i'm doing wrong :\

53 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Hold R2 til the bar fills up?

I've never observed a leader yet.  Had no clue what the point of that is.

I literally just did this. You have to find where he is in the camp and then get close enough to him without being seen and then a prompt will tell you to hold R2 until it fills up. Once you do it, you get a talent point for doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I literally just did this. You have to find where he is in the camp and then get close enough to him without being seen and then a prompt will tell you to hold R2 until it fills up. Once you do it, you get a talent point for doing it. 

Nice...need as many talent points as I can get :D

9 hours ago, johnny said:

As for the map icons, I really haven’t gotten that many. When I go to a question mark it’s either something cool or something quick. Doesn’t really feel like AC’s map besides it looking similar. AC has icons all over the fucking place and I have to use the filter to get rid of the BS. 

Yeah I feel the same way. Granted, I'm early, but after many of the criticisms, I was anticipating a hell of a lot more of minor ?s littering the map. From what I've seen, it doesn't come anywhere close to as many as AC, or even the (justly) adored Witcher 3.

I haven't run into any duplicate side missions yet. Yes, you kill mongols in almost all of them, but none of the small stories snippets, locations or situations have been repeated that I remember. Pretty damn cool!

I am curious if there are more advanced or tougher enemy types in the 2 Northern sections of the map.  If not, I could see the complaints of it feeling too repetitive over time.

I have 17/24 of the bottom of the Map liberated or cleared or whatever, and while I'm still loving it, the combat is just a rinse and repeat now.   If the top 2 area's is more of the same with no new wrinkles, it could potentially get a bit boring in that regard.

Is there a catch to Sprint Strike? I've only gotten it to work once. I've main been trying to use it when dashing at archers, but when I press square he seems do only a weak slash, not the full one that goes down completely on one knee afterwards.

EDIT: I think I figured it out, but will need to do more testing. It seems like you have to press square when you're basically right on the person. If you do it as soon as you enter striking range, which is what I was doing, you won't get the attack.

Woo, I put some time into this game this weekend! :sun: I've only completed maybe 10 missions but I've traveled much of the map, my samurai armor is maxed, all my charm slots are open, my assassin's blade is maxed and my main blade only needs one more level to be maxed. I have most of my skills unlocked on the paths I've chosen (minus story locked ones of course). I also now have a neck beard due to general self neglect! Hell of a weekend! :daydream:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm playing hard... which doesn't seem that hard to be honest. Loving the exploration in this game.

Now a bird led me to a fucking hot spring. Max health up.

So far, it seems like Sucker Punch learned from Second Son. Not much side content in the latter, but they give some meaningful ones and reasons to explore here.

I don’t understand the nay sayers in this thread. Some of you could suck the fun out of a blowjob:|

Anyways, I’ve put about 6 hours into it and can honestly say it’s my best Samurai game to date. Better than Sekiro, Onimusha, and even Nioh in my opinion. How Sucker Punch managed to out Japan the mighty Japan is pretty freakin remarkable. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, nublood said:

I don’t understand the nay sayers in this thread. Some of you could suck the fun out of a blowjob:|

Anyways, I’ve put about 6 hours into it and can honestly say it’s my best Samurai game to date. Better than Sekiro, Onimusha, and even Nioh in my opinion. How Sucker Punch managed to out Japan the mighty Japan is pretty freakin remarkable. 

No supernatural stuff and a great world to explore. Sword combat is VERY well done and even the stealth has grown on me. I just took a camp out using hit and run tactics. I LOVE the fact that the game doesn't force you into one role or the other.

15 minutes ago, nublood said:

😂😂😂

I finished Act 1 earlier today.  Story is still solid for a open world adventure, liking it so far.

I tried to 100% the bottom area as best I could, but probably missed a bunch.  I maxed out my Traveling armor, Samurai Armor, little blade, 2 away from big blade.  A bunch to the bow.

Gonna hop into Chapter 2 soon.

Spoiler

For whatever reason, playing through the First Chapter on the southernmost island, I felt that the rest of the island would remain kinda similar to style and design.  It felt like there was a lot of variety in colors and areas just there, so I was sorta expecting more of the same.

Nice to jump into Chapter 2 and the first area is drastically different already.  A nice really dense forest area.

Just a Armor Perk

Spoiler

- Fully upgrading the Travelers Attire allows you to search for certain collectibles with Wind.

Right after the start of Chapter 2

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

No supernatural stuff and a great world to explore. Sword combat is VERY well done and even the stealth has grown on me. I just took a camp out using hit and run tactics. I LOVE the fact that the game doesn't force you into one role or the other.

Yep. Sword combat is visceral, challenging and fun...like it’s supposed to be. Honestly, a lot of the combat situations play out like a Kill Bill Movie. But I have problems deciding if I’m gonna go in full Samurai or stealthy like a Ninja. I feel like I need to make a decision and stick with it. lol

19 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Any tips for getting supplies? I have that charm from the arrow shrine

Any tips for getting the charm lol 

I’m only a couple hours in. Heard about that charm online though. 

It’s near the bottom of the map 

I assume, hop a horse and ride eh? No quick ways to make it I guess  

1 hour ago, nublood said:

Yep. Sword combat is visceral, challenging and fun...like it’s supposed to be. Honestly, a lot of the combat situations play out like a Kill Bill Movie. But I have problems deciding if I’m gonna go in full Samurai or stealthy like a Ninja. I feel like I need to make a decision and stick with it. lol

I play mostly as a Samurai although one camp had so many enemies that I HAD to utilize stealth and hit and run tactics. Agreed about the Kill Bill stuff... or a Kurosawa flick. Once I figure out how to use the camera mode, I'm gonna definitely post some cool pics.

Any tips for getting supplies? I have that charm from the arrow shrine

Search every house and also the corpses of the big dudes. They tend to drop supplies.

I arrived at a big Mongol place I had to burn down, and it was so big, I definitely used some stealth. I do enjoy using Kunai knives and smoke bombs for stealth, though. And some areas give you bonuses if you use some stealth, so it really depends.

I think once I get more moves, it'll be much easier to just samurai the shit out of enemies. I already got that Square + Triangle move, and I'm trying to get some legendary armor currently. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I arrived at a big Mongol place I had to burn down, and it was so big, I definitely used some stealth. I do enjoy using Kunai knives and smoke bombs for stealth, though. And some areas give you bonuses if you use some stealth, so it really depends.

I think once I get more moves, it'll be much easier to just samurai the shit out of enemies. I already got that Square + Triangle move, and I'm trying to get some legendary armor currently. 

That's the one I was talking about.