The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't like TLJ and I'm a liberal. 

I am referring to the mass-propaganda effort by right-wing/alt-right youtubers and sites who fed the hysteria against TLJ. There is another post on it here, about how they massively signal-boosted the anti-TLJ rhetoric. It's fine to not like TLJ, but the actual amount of people who enjoyed it seems to be very high (based on actual polling after seeing the movie) compared to the perception online (which is overwhelmingly negative).

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I am referring to the mass-propaganda effort by right-wing/alt-right youtubers and sites who fed the hysteria against TLJ. There is another post on it here, about how they massively signal-boosted the anti-TLJ rhetoric. It's fine to not like TLJ, but the actual amount of people who enjoyed it seems to be very high (based on actual polling after seeing the movie) compared to the perception online (which is overwhelmingly negative).

Right, but TLJ sucks.

Gamespot apparently does movie reviews.

3807717-justiceleaguesnydercut-3-blogrol
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

The Snyder Cut hits HBO Max this week, if you've got four hours to spend.

LOL

Meanwhile IGN’s review contains the gem:

Also, he gets to drop an absolute banger of an F-bomb at one point. Hearing Batman say f*** is rad.

LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Vox gave a pretty even-handed review that was mostly positive but with obvious negatives:

p166_2d_pt4_v4064_0209_210210_26mj_g_r70
WWW.VOX.COM

But the movie is also four hours long.

There’s a good three or four minutes devoted to watching the visualized soundwaves of Superman’s dying screams reverberate around the world and across the universe.

What the hell.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean it's right there in the opening to the first trailer. :p You clearly won't like this movie bru. He's doing characterizations of these characters that you dislike from the get go. 

If I’m going to spend 4 hours watching this movie, I’m not going to watch all the trailers for it... who has the time. :p

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

If I’m going to spend 4 hours watching this movie, I’m not going to watch all the trailers for it... who has the time. :p

I mean, if you watch it, just make sure to turn Snyder brain on. Slow mo, death screams that reverberate across the universe, Batman saying fuck, Joker saying "we live in a society", etc. :p 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, if you watch it, just make sure to turn Snyder brain on. Slow mo, death screams that reverberate across the universe, Batman saying fuck, Joker saying "we live in a society", etc. :p 

I legitimately cannot wait for that Joker line. Sad because I’m going to have to risk dehydration during a 4 hour movie, I don’t want seltzer to come blasting out of my nose when I hear it.

Maybe there will be a scene where Aquaman slo mo pounds Wonder Woman from behind to a Johnny Cash cover of a Nine Inch Nails song.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

I would be more excited for this if it wasn’t 4 hours. How the fuck is this movie 4 hours?!

I'm actually a fan of more scenes rather than less especially with big ensembles, but you can take breaks if you like! :p 

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I legitimately cannot wait for that Joker line. Sad because I’m going to have to risk dehydration during a 4 hour movie, I don’t want seltzer to come blasting out of my nose when I hear it.

Maybe there will be a scene where Aquaman slo mo pounds Wonder Woman from behind to a Johnny Cash cover of a Nine Inch Nails song.

Dude, don't get my fucking hopes up. It would be Batman doe, not Aquaman, c'mon now. I'm all in for the grimdark zaniness baby.

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

I would be more excited for this if it wasn’t 4 hours. How the fuck is this movie 4 hours?!

It's kind of like Southland Tales. Crappy movie but there is a Cannes Cut that is "super awesome" that adds 15 more minutes to the run time.

Coincidentally while looking this up it appears this came  out on blu-ray of January of this year with both cuts. :thinking:

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's kind of like Southland Tales. Crappy movie but there is a Cannes Cut that is "super awesome" that adds 15 more minutes to the run time.

Coincidentally while looking this up it appears this came  out on blu-ray of January of this year with both cuts. :thinking:

The problem with Southland Tales is the movie is parts 4-6 of a larger story. Parts 1-3 were in graphic novel form, and the movie makes no sense unless you read the graphic novel first. If you do, the movie improves considerably.

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

So I need to violently huff a bunch of model glue while listening to an Atlas Shrugged audiobook at full blast.

18 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

So I need to violently huff a bunch of model glue while listening to an Atlas Shrugged audiobook at full blast.

Speaking of...

c92bae8dfd37c794306a29a9d500155b
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Snyder believes the current political climate still isn't right for his adaptation of the Ayn Rand novel.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Speaking of...

c92bae8dfd37c794306a29a9d500155b
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Snyder believes the current political climate still isn't right for his adaptation of the Ayn Rand novel.

The only fucking thing Ayn Rand needs to be adapted to is a smaller size more convenient for inserting into a wood chipper.  I wouldn’t wipe myself with paper recycled from a copy of atlas shrugged because I don’t hate my asshole that much and I frequently eat food so spicy it gives me stomach cramps.  

The only thing that ever needs to be said about Ayn Rand: "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, johnny said:

the irishman was my warm up for this behemoth 

Are we getting an intermission at least like that movie had? How am I supposed to make it through a 4 hour movie in one sitting? I don't know why this movie being 4 hours blows my mind so much, but it really does.