The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

On 2/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Snyder reshot Army of the Dead after allegations about Chris D'Elia came out. He's been happily married for years and unlike Joss Whedon, so far has been known as a consummate professional to work with. Alt-right fan base? Lots of film directors have alt-right fan bases (Nolan included). That's silly to hate him because a portion of his fanbase suck. You don't have to like his life philosophy but this is pretty silly. And Rorschach might come out better in the film than the graphic novel, but he never came off as a hero to me, and people who've only seen the film with me and never read the graphic novel never thought so either. Hell, I don't agree with her completely but I like Ayn Rand and The Fountainhead too. Also, you can have a distaste for him as a person but that has little to do with his films, or we might as well hate all Woody Allen and Mel Gibson films too (among many other creators). Let's not forget how he's upset they did Cyborg and Martian Manhunter dirty in Justice League so he's making sure they get all the screentime he shot for them and he's constantly employed women and people of color.

You should just judge him based on his films as films and that's the end of it. Objectivity. Hate the specific portion of his fanbase that bothers you (I do) but not him or his films on that reason. That'd be like me hating Rick & Morty because part of the fanbase is toxic. And yes I think it happens by accident because Dan Harmon didn't intend for the alt-right to love him either. Misinterpreting art is a great ability the alt-right has.

I mean his movies are super macho, men are MEN type movies. They attract a large conservative fan base because that’s a huge part of conservatism. And the politics in his movies are spotty. I’m not saying that he’s a bad guy, but he’s too close to a movement that wants me dead for me to be comfortable with him. His conservative fans are the reason why we even have his version of Justice League coming out. Has Snyder ever distanced himself from his worse fans? I haven’t seen any evidence of that.

Look, as a trans girl, why would any of this be appealing to me? His cis-male way of viewing men and masculinity just doesn’t appeal to me. It sucks that people like him continually get a platform over more marginalized individuals.

Do people forget just how homophobic/transphobic 300 is? Yeah, I’m sure Zach Snyder, who never distanced himself from his nazi fans, is a great guy. His defenders may claim that his Nazi fans misunderstand his films, but I would argue that they are interpreting better them just fine.

2 hours ago, Komusha said:

I’m not saying that he’s a bad guy, but he’s too close to a movement that wants me dead for me to be comfortable with him. His conservative fans are the reason why we even have his version of Justice League coming out. Has Snyder ever distanced himself from his worse fans? I haven’t seen any evidence of that.

I don’t think anybody is responsible for the views of people who like their work or buy their products. You are responsible for yours and yours alone.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t think anybody is responsible for the views of people who like their work or buy their products. You are responsible for yours and yours alone.

So the guy who makes problematic movies has problematic fans but isn’t responsible for them somehow? In general I agree with you, but I disagree with the premise that his fans are misunderstanding his films. There is clearly something about his worldview that appeals to them.

The creator of the Punisher isn’t responsible for the terrible cops who place the Punisher logo on their cars. But he spoke out against his fans because it clearly bothers him to see his work being used in that way. As a creative person, I feel for him. If Zach Snyder isn’t speaking out publicly that shows me that he doesn’t seem too bothered by having nazi fans, or at the very least values them enough of fans to not upset them. I don’t know about you, but if I ever wrote a story that became very popular amongst Nazis then I would be very bothered by it!

41 minutes ago, Komusha said:

So the guy who makes problematic movies has problematic fans but isn’t responsible for them somehow? In general I agree with you, but I disagree with the premise that his fans are misunderstanding his films. There is clearly something about his worldview that appeals to them.

The creator of the Punisher isn’t responsible for the terrible cops who place the Punisher logo on their cars. But he spoke out against his fans because it clearly bothers him to see his work being used in that way. As a creative person, I feel for him. If Zach Snyder isn’t speaking out publicly that shows me that he doesn’t seem too bothered by having nazi fans, or at the very least values them enough of fans to not upset them. I don’t know about you, but if I ever wrote a story that became very popular amongst Nazis then I would be very bothered by it!

A few things come to mind reading this.

Snyder’s output has generated 3 billion in box office, so I think it’s safe to say he isn’t just bringing in the Nazi contingent. I mean, one of the more liberal members of this board, @Greatoneshere, is apparently the most pro-Snyder person here.

One of the things that I’ve recognized in owning a movie theater and having LOTS of conversations with customers is that most people do not put much thought into what they like about movies. It’s largely about the reptile brain reaction to stimuli. And that’s fine, there is nothing inherently less valuable in watching films for just the spectacle.

And finally I think you present a false dichotomy is regards to Snyder and his lack of criticism of the Nazi fans. What if there simply is no large Nazi fan club for his films and people just believe that to be true because the claim has been repeated so many times?

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

A few things come to mind reading this.

Snyder’s output has generated 3 billion in box office, so I think it’s safe to say he isn’t just bringing in the Nazi contingent. I mean, one of the more liberal members of this board, @Greatoneshere, is apparently the most pro-Snyder person here.

One of the things that I’ve recognized in owning a movie theater and having LOTS of conversations with customers is that most people do not put much thought into what they like about movies. It’s largely about the reptile brain reaction to stimuli. And that’s fine, there is nothing inherently less valuable in watching films for just the spectacle.

And finally I think you present a false dichotomy is regards to Snyder and his lack of criticism of the Nazi fans. What if there simply is no large Nazi fan club for his films and people just believe that to be true because the claim has been repeated so many times?

Well my original point was that can one blame a trans person for not wanting to associate with Snyder movies? And apparently the answer from many members here is that I’m the one in the wrong here. That apparently I’m close minded for not being open to material that is hostile towards queer expressions. And that apparently I’m overthinking for it for even pointing out the problematic nature of a film maker that, I should add, largely does not connect with queer audiences.

And his far right base is real. I’ve seen them on Twitter. They were the ones who led the “Release the Snyder cut” movement. So not only is their evidence of this fan base, but Snyder himself has actually benefited from their devotion to him. It’s gross, and left leaning Snyder fans need to be understanding of those who have trouble stomaching that aspect of him. I’m not sure how @Greatoneshere’s views on this somehow outweigh my own.

Also, I’m not trying to convince anyone to not like Snyder. Only trying to say that maybe be sympathetic towards queer individuals who are tired of all the Snyder worship. But instead I’m not open minded enough so whatever. It’s tiring being queer in largely cis heterosexual spaces. I feel like anytime I express an opinion that goes against the majority opinion it turns into a debate trying to convince me I’m wrong. It’s just exhausting to be honest. I never really feel like I belong in any online space these days, which is sad because I don’t belong in my physical location either.

I’m sorry that I make you feel that way. I welcome your presence, your perspective, and your opinions.

At the same time I think it is unfair for you to express an opinion that others are wrong and then in the next breath complain that those people are expressing an opinion that you are wrong. Nobody is attempting to stop you from expressing your views, we are interacting with those views.

Snyder may not be responsible for his fans views but he damn sure doesn't seem to have much problem with them... they helped get his Snyder Cut released after all. The Vanity Fair article that I posted in this topic (that of COURSE no one bothered to read even though it directly talks about this very subject) addresses this directly. There's not much distance between Snyder and his more toxic fans

QUOTE:

Snyder’s movies tend to be about strength and what it means to wield it. Maybe it was inevitable that he’d eventually not only join the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut bandwagon, but begin driving it.

This seems to back up what @Komusha is saying

Also

Rather than fade away, the demand for the Snyder cut gained momentum over the years. Groups paid to have single-engine airplanes fly a “Release the Snyder Cut” banner around both the Warner Bros. studio lot in Burbank and the annual Comic-Con gathering in San Diego. Last year, fans pooled resources to buy a Times Square billboard.

A noxious contingent of followers, though, didn’t just advocate for the movie, but also used social media to attack people who were critical of Snyder or their cause. Maybe they hoped to silence dissenters, or maybe they were just trolls being trolls. In any case, film journalists with negative takes reported getting swarmed with insults and even threats. “Unfortunately, I think a lot of online fandom and fandom culture is headed in this very toxic direction,” says Kayleigh Donaldson, who writes for Pajiba.com. It is especially strong from Snyder cut acolytes, she adds, perhaps because they respond misguidedly to the director’s tales of loner heroes in a hostile world. “I don’t get this from the Birds of Prey fans or the Shazam fans,” says Donaldson. “I got a little bit from Joker fans but nowhere near the same level.”

Despite that, this is the only thing I've seem him say about his more toxic fans

The trolls may have actually held back the movement, like looters at an otherwise peaceful demonstration. Snyder cringes at descriptions of the abusive tactics. “I 100 percent think it’s wrong,” he says. “I don’t think that anyone should be calling anyone anything. I’ve always tried to give people in the fandom attention who do good things.”

Kinda weak in my opinion... but hey, mission accomplished right?

5 hours ago, Komusha said:

I mean his movies are super macho, men are MEN type movies. They attract a large conservative fan base because that’s a huge part of conservatism. And the politics in his movies are spotty. I’m not saying that he’s a bad guy, but he’s too close to a movement that wants me dead for me to be comfortable with him. His conservative fans are the reason why we even have his version of Justice League coming out. Has Snyder ever distanced himself from his worse fans? I haven’t seen any evidence of that.

Look, as a trans girl, why would any of this be appealing to me? His cis-male way of viewing men and masculinity just doesn’t appeal to me. It sucks that people like him continually get a platform over more marginalized individuals.

45 minutes ago, Komusha said:

Well my original point was that can one blame a trans person for not wanting to associate with Snyder movies? And apparently the answer from many members here is that I’m the one in the wrong here. That apparently I’m close minded for not being open to material that is hostile towards queer expressions. And that apparently I’m overthinking for it for even pointing out the problematic nature of a film maker that, I should add, largely does not connect with queer audiences.

And his far right base is real. I’ve seen them on Twitter. They were the ones who led the “Release the Snyder cut” movement. So not only is their evidence of this fan base, but Snyder himself has actually benefited from their devotion to him. It’s gross, and left leaning Snyder fans need to be understanding of those who have trouble stomaching that aspect of him. I’m not sure how @Greatoneshere’s views on this somehow outweigh my own.

I'm not worshipping Snyder, but I can certainly like his films. You definitely do not have to like his films, which many here don't. My only issue was that your perspective on disliking Snyder specifically is inconsistent - do we then hate Dan Harmon because Rick & Morty has a toxic fan base? Do I hate 300 and Lord of the Rings because it portrays Persians and brown people in a negative light? I personally think that's silly - depiction is not per se endorsement. 

Again, you don't have to like Snyder's films. You don't even have to like Snyder. But to suggest that because you don't like the politics of some of his films as a reason to dislike the artist specifically seems silly to me because, again, depiction isn't per se endorsement. His films aren't for your demographic, and that's fine. Also, the portion of his fan base that's toxic, is, again, only a portion. His fanbase also donated millions in charity to help fund suicide prevention after Snyder's daughter committed suicide. As Skillz quoted, he's specifically said he doesn't like the toxic part of fandom, whether you find that a weak quote or not (he wasn't obligated to say anything). I know plenty of people who like Snyder's films like me that aren't toxic. No group is monolithic, so why go after all of them and attribute it to Snyder? That seems super weird to me is all. No one's trying to silence you, but artists aren't responsible for answering to their toxic fan base unless they are actively trying to create and engender one, which by all accounts Snyder hasn't been doing. Link below about the suicide prevention. I hate any toxic fan base, anywhere, but the artist isn't a representation of that portion of their fandom per se.

Screen-Shot-2021-02-03-at-12.46.53-PM.pn
WWW.INDIEWIRE.COM

Snyder wonders how his fans could be "toxic" when they raised over $200,000 for suicide prevention.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

:lol: If you think Snyders more toxic fans give a flying fuck about suicide prevention. 

Right, that's my point. The non-toxic portion of his fan base clearly cared, that's all I'm trying to indicate. Most artists have a portion of fans that are toxic.

1 minute ago, johnny said:

i definitely think you can dislike somebody because of the movies they make. especially with the very loud group of fans that he appeals to 

Again, like I said, it depends on each individual you're judging based on their fans. That's why I said "per se" in my previous post. 

I’ve read the Vanity Fair article, it got posted in another group I am a part of.

As always, read the details. Notice how little is spent describing the size of this group of toxic fans. This is exactly what I mean when I say we just see things repeated over and over until they are accepted as reality. 

Like, in my sphere the only people who I know that seem to be fans of Synder are @Greatoneshere, and a white guy who is a hardcore BLMer. I wouldn’t though make the argument that Snyder fans are all left wing, and yet that is exactly the logic applied to Snyder’s right wing support.

Trump also explicitly courts his worst supporters. Nobody here has shown Snyder to do any such thing. Are there examples of this?

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If he was more vocal about his toxic fans, I could see the defense. But pretending like his fanbase isn't problematic at all is disengenious and reeks of Trumpism. Trump makes the same claims about his supporters too.

He never said "at all", you literally provided a quote by Snyder saying otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Trump also explicitly courts his worst supporters. Nobody here has shown Snyder to do any such thing. Are there examples of this?

Exactly this. That's why I said it's on a case by case basis and whether the creator/artist/whoever is intentionally creating and engendering a toxic fan base. Trump does, Snyder doesn't from what I've seen. Similarly, everyone I know who is a Snyder fan in my real life is like me - a left winger/progressive/radical type person. And everyone seems to be skipping the Rick & Morty comparison . . . 

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

You said you read the article... did you read the part we're they state that he became the leader of the #releasethe cut movment or the part we're the film critic said that his fans are the most toxic she's encountered INCLUDING fans of The Joker? I posted the relevant quotes a few posts back. And once you become the head of a movement you own it. As I said, had he actively worked to distance himself and his "movement" from the more toxic parts of his fanbase, nobody would have much to say about him. The fact that he's trying to have it both ways and minimize the more problematic contingent of his fanbase is the problem. That's why @Komusha is drawing the conclusions that she's drawing.

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

He never said "at all", you literally provided a quote by Snyder saying otherwise. 

Exactly this. That's why I said it's on a case by case basis and whether the creator/artist/whoever is intentionally creating and engendering a toxic fan base. Trump does, Snyder doesn't from what I've seen. Similarly, everyone I know who is a Snyder fan in my real life is like me - a left winger/progressive/radical type person. And everyone seems to be skipping the Rick & Morty comparison . . . 

I said he's deliberately minimizing how toxic his fanbase is and when someone says that something "Is bullshit" (the direct quote in the article YOU linked to) it would imply to me that don't see a problem "at all" or at least don't see a very SERIOUS problem. And I'm skipping the Rick and Morty comparison because I honestly don't know enough about the show, Dan Harmon OR his fans to gauge whether or not the example has ANYTHING to do with what we're talking about here.

Snyder knows that there's a percentage of his fans that are assholes... a very VOCAL percentage ( I have no idea what the actual percentage is) and besides some tepid and weak denunciations, he seems fine with it. Like I said, they got his cut released so... job well done.

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I said he's deliberately minimizing how toxic his fanbase is and when someone says that something "Is bullshit" (the direct quote in the article YOU linked to) it would imply to me that don't see a problem "at all" or at least don't see a very SERIOUS problem. And I'm skipping the Rick and Morty comparison because I honestly don't know enough about the show, Dan Harmon OR his fans to gauge whether or not the example has ANYTHING to do with what we're talking about here.

Snyder knows that there's a percentage of his fans that are assholes... a very VOCAL percentage ( I have no idea what the actual percentage is) and besides some tepid and weak denunciations, he seems fine with it. Like I said, they got his cut released so... job well done.

Yeah, he called it bullshit because he is trying to change the narrative, as @sblfilms explained. That doesn't contradict his other quote from the Vanity Fair article (which I had read). I'm sure he doesn't like the portion of his fan base that is toxic, but at the same time I'm sure he wants to draw attention to the portion of his fan base that isn't toxic. 

Whether he's "fine" with the portion that is toxic is entirely a judgment call, one I'm unwilling to make because I don't think we can clearly say. It just seems weird to hyper focus on Snyder and denounce him when I could do this for pretty much any artist - should I be denouncing all of them for not clearly and unequivocally disowning the portion of their fan base that is toxic? Many artists just live and let live, it's not their problem and most of the time, not their fault.

6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah, he called it bullshit because he is trying to change the narrative, as @sblfilms explained. That doesn't contradict his other quote from the Vanity Fair article (which I had read). I'm sure he doesn't like the portion of his fan base that is toxic, but at the same time I'm sure he wants to draw attention to the portion of his fan base that isn't toxic. 

Whether he's "fine" with the portion that is toxic is entirely a judgment call, one I'm unwilling to make because I don't think we can clearly say. It just seems weird to hyper focus on Snyder and denounce him when I could do this for pretty much any artist - should I be denouncing all of them for not clearly and unequivocally disowning the portion of their fan base that is toxic? Many artists just live and let live, it's not their problem and most of the time, not their fault.

If he had stayed on the sidelines and let the fandom do what fandom does, the SURE he would be blameless. Once he became the "Leader" of the movement and did little to nothing to calm THAT part of his fanbase down... the same part that was largely responsible for getting the Snyder cut released, then he owns it. 

Personally, I don't give a shit because I have ZERO problems seperating an artists work from them as people... I STILL think Mel Gibson is a great director and Breaking Bad is my favorite show of all time but I can acknowledge it's problematic racial and mysoginst undertones, But i can understand why @Komusha doesn't make a distinction between Snyder and his more toxic fans because at BEST, Snyder hasn't done much to make that distinction clear himself. HE either minimizes their behavior or he offers tepid, lame denunciations. In my opinion, he's trying to have it both ways... not unlike a ceratin former President of ours. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If he had stayed on the sidelines and let the fandom do what fandom does, the SURE he would be blameless. Once he became the "Leader" of the movement and did little to nothing to calm THAT part of his fanbase down... the same part that was largely responsible for getting the Snyder cut released, then he owns it. 

Personally, I don't give a shit because I have ZERO problems seperating an artists work from them as people... I STILL think Mel Gibson is a great director and Breaking Bad is my favorite show of all time but I can acknowledge it's problematic racial and mysoginst undertones, But i can understand why @Komusha doesn't make a distinction between Snyder and his more toxic fans because at BEST, Snyder hasn't done much to make that distinction clear himself. HE either minimizes their behavior or he offers tepid, lame denunciations. In my opinion, he's trying to have it both ways... not unlike a ceratin former President of ours. 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree then - as I said, Komusha can dislike Snyder himself, my issue was disliking him because of his fans or because of his films, which is weird to me. If you want to dislike Snyder because he doesn't distance or disown the toxic portion of his fan base enough, that's a different point and not one I really saw Komusha make. 

If that's the case, sure, dislike him then. It was for the other reasons Komusha gave that I found confusing.

Snyder taking up the mantle of releasing the Snyder cut took it away from his supporters and made it something that female and POC members of his cast and crew had no issue supporting.

This doesn’t even address that there still has been no evidence presented of the “Release the Snyder cut” movement being rooted in alt-right/Nazism, which Komusha contends is the particular type of toxic fan that Snyder’s worldview attracts and ultimately gives voice to.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Snyder taking up the mantle of releasing the Snyder cut took it away from his supporters and made it something that female and POC members of his cast and crew had no issue supporting.

This doesn’t even address that there still has been no evidence presented of the “Release the Snyder cut” movement being rooted in alt-right/Nazism, which Komusha contends is the particular type of toxic fan that Snyder’s worldview attracts and ultimately gives voice to.

i don't know anything about the movement being rooted in Alt-right/Nazism... I know that the movement is associated with a very vocal and toxic fanbase of assholes as stated in the Vanity Fair article. And so what a couple that there are female and POC that support the release the cut movmement. Trump has female and POC supporters too... that means nothing. 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

i don't know anything about the movement being rooted in Alt-right/Nazism... I know that the movement is associated with a very vocal and toxic fanbase of assholes as stated in the Vanity Fair article. And so what a couple that there are female and POC that support the release the cut movmement. Trump has female and POC supporters too... that means nothing. 

The entire genesis of this particular discussion is not simply that there are bad fans of Snyder (of course there are), Komusha is explicitly and specifically arguing the alt-right/nazi issue from the perspective that it is a contingent he needs to deal with. The question that you and Komusha to this point have failed to answer is whether or not this is a significant portion of the Snyder fan base. And I challenge you to find any article that will even begin to put a number to the size and scale of the toxic Snyder fans. And this is important, because you keep insisting that #Releasethesnydercut is at it's core rotten and toxic.

joint.jpg
WWW.FORSNYDERCUT.COM

The DCEU Fandom is one of the most popular, diverse, and universal fandoms in the world. Fans who don’t speak the same language, hold the same beliefs, or live in the same timezones come together to discuss superheroes, comics, and films from DC. Above all, the fandom does not tolerate racism, sexism, or any form […]

I would give this a read. There are people who have been involved from the very beginning and helped convince Snyder to move forward with it that aren't awful. Painting the entire thing with your broad brush is providing an inaccurate accounting of the movement and how we arrived at the point where this dopey thing is about to be available. There are decent people who have been ousting the bad guys since well before Snyder ever made a peep at the movement. So, maybe you are just mistaken about where this was at by the time Snyder, Gadot, Mamoa, Affleck, and Fisher all chimed in with support for the idea.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

The entire genesis of this particular discussion is not simply that there are bad fans of Snyder (of course there are), Komusha is explicitly and specifically arguing the alt-right/nazi issue from the perspective that it is a contingent he needs to deal with. The question that you and Komusha to this point have failed to answer is whether or not this is a significant portion of the Snyder fan base. And I challenge you to find any article that will even begin to put a number to the size and scale of the toxic Snyder fans. And this is important, because you keep insisting that #Releasethesnydercut is at it's core rotten and toxic.

joint.jpg
WWW.FORSNYDERCUT.COM

The DCEU Fandom is one of the most popular, diverse, and universal fandoms in the world. Fans who don’t speak the same language, hold the same beliefs, or live in the same timezones come together to discuss superheroes, comics, and films from DC. Above all, the fandom does not tolerate racism, sexism, or any form […]

I would give this a read. There are people who have been involved from the very beginning and helped convince Snyder to move forward with it that aren't awful. Painting the entire thing with your broad brush is providing an inaccurate accounting of the movement and how we arrived at the point where this dopey thing is about to be available. There are decent people who have been ousting the bad guys since well before Snyder ever made a peep at the movement. So, maybe you are just mistaken about where this was at by the time Snyder, Gadot, Mamoa, Affleck, and Fisher all chimed in with support for the idea.

I honestly don't give a shit... I SAID I didn't know anything about the Snyder cut movement being linked or driven by the Alt right or Nazis in the very post you quoted. Its literally the first sentence. I said a vocal portion of his supporters are trolls and assholes and I don't think that's in dispute. I don't know how that's "painting with a broad brush." 

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You made the claim that the toxic element of his fan base is largely responsible for getting the Snyder cut released and that is simply not true. The website I linked to was far and away the driving force of the movement and THEY severed any link with the toxic guys well before Snyder got involved. 

These are the people who organized fundraisers for suicide prevention.

These are the people being painted with your broad brush and they don’t deserve it.

30 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You made the claim that the toxic element of his fan base is largely responsible for getting the Snyder cut released and that is simply not true. The website I linked to was far and away the driving force of the movement and THEY severed any link with the toxic guys well before Snyder got involved. 

These are the people who organized fundraisers for suicide prevention.

These are the people being painted with your broad brush and they don’t deserve it.

Indeed, which is why Snyder was aggressive in the "it's bullshit" statement in the article I linked to about suicide prevention. 

19 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’m sorry that I make you feel that way. I welcome your presence, your perspective, and your opinions.

At the same time I think it is unfair for you to express an opinion that others are wrong and then in the next breath complain that those people are expressing an opinion that you are wrong. Nobody is attempting to stop you from expressing your views, we are interacting with those views.

Sorry I’m moving this weekend so I had an emotional morning yesterday. I appreciate you. My main beef was @Greatoneshere poking at other users for not liking Snyder. I think it should be perfectly understandable for someone to not like Snyder. I don’t really care if someone likes him, just don’t like the idea that I’m somehow close minded for not resonating with him. One of my best friends is a Snyderverse apologist so we’ll playfully argue about that but he’s also understanding why a queer person wouldn’t resonate with his aesthetic and world view.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Komusha said:

Sorry I’m moving this weekend so I had an emotional morning yesterday. I appreciate you. My main beef was @Greatoneshere poking at other users for not liking Snyder. I think it should be perfectly understandable for someone to not like Snyder. I don’t really care if someone likes him, just don’t like the idea that I’m somehow close minded for not resonating with him. One of my best friends is a Snyderverse apologist so we’ll playfully argue about that but he’s also understanding why a queer person wouldn’t resonate with his aesthetic and world view.

I wasn't trying to poke at other users, only engendering discussion about his movies. It's not like people can't like Snyder, most here don't and I understand/accept that. I didn't mean to come off in any way at least. :)

56 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Is Snyder set to work on any other DC movies? Why would he do this. 

Either it was the original plan before everything shifted and he left, or he's hoping his fans will pressure WB to get him another movie as a follow up.