The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Red Cliff is one of my favorite movies of all time - I have the uncut versoin ("international version") on blu-ray. John Woo crushed it with that film, and yes it's an action film that is 4+ hours long and works. If anyone is interested, just make sure you're seeing the international version and avoid the very cut-up theatrical US version. Amazing, amazing film.

Not that most of them are good, but most Bollywood films, including their action films, are usually 3-4+ hours long.

The listed time is 12 minutes short of 5 hours (288 minutes). Apparently it was originally released in 2 parts about 6 months apart. I saw it in theatre and have the full version on Blu-ray.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Ya'll need this movie in your life

spacer.png

I remember hearing about the movie and about it getting a small N.American release. Thankfully I knew of region codes and I was also looking for an import copy of Ip Man 2 . Think I imported from DVDasia and me and Buddy watched it over 2 days. It really is one big epic movie and looked/sounded great on system. I think I had both movies in my collection 2-3 months before anything on this side of the pound got it. Importing (when affordable) is awesome, and sadly necessary for my more recent 3D films. This would of been great to see in 3D if it were 

28 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I remember hearing about the movie and about it getting a small N.American release. Thankfully I knew of region codes and I was also looking for an import copy of Ip Man 2 . Think I imported from DVDasia and me and Buddy watched it over 2 days. It really is one big epic movie and looked/sounded great on system. I think I had both movies in my collection 2-3 months before anything on this side of the pound got it. Importing (when affordable) is awesome, and sadly necessary for my more recent 3D films. This would of been great to see in 3D if it were 

It's not 3D but the US bluray international version is pretty great so you don't have to import. :)

43 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's not 3D but the US bluray international version is pretty great so you don't have to import. :)

Oh I know. I bought my import copy like I said, about 3 months before it even got its N. American theatrical release. Just saying it would of looked cool in 3D. Not the best movie but if it were near The Great Wall 3D release, it would of been something.

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

Pretty sure my boy skillz is not a Whedon fan at all, but I’m always down for a good trollin’.

I'm really not... I don't give a damn about Whedon. I liked the first Avengers Movie and Firefly but thats about it. I didn't watch a lot of his stuff. I don't doubt that this version could be better than the one we got... I doubt it will still be good  though. I'm open to it though.

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

I don’t get it. He seems to like this version better?

He does... but he also acknowledges its still not a good movie.

44 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

This comes out in 8 hours, right?

Does it go live tonight?

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm really not... I don't give a damn about Whedon. I liked the first Avengers Movie and Firefly but thats about it. I didn't watch a lot of his stuff. I don't doubt that this version could be better than the one we got... I doubt it will still be good  though. I'm open to it though.

He does... but he also acknowledges its still not a good movie.

Does it go live tonight?

Appears to be 3 a.m. EST / midnight PST tonight.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'll be seeing it Thursday morning - if it drops at 3am EST no way can I stay up until 7am and then go about my day. 

On 3/16/2021 at 11:13 AM, Greatoneshere said:

just hit the pause button? I mean, you can take breaks, who cares? It just doesn't seem like a big deal. It's not like I sat through the Irishman without ever pausing. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

As amazingly fantastic as Red Cliff is (and also being a HUGE Dynasty Warriors fan to boot), I love that film. However, I have to say that Takashi Miike's "13 Assassins" ranks higher up the list for that genre of film.

13 Assassins is an incredible film but for me Red Cliff wins out in terms of sheer scope and depth. But you can't go wrong with either film.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

As amazingly fantastic as Red Cliff is (and also being a HUGE Dynasty Warriors fan to boot), I love that film. However, I have to say that Takashi Miike's "13 Assassins" ranks higher up the list for that genre of film.

i had to watch that with the English sub (some friend didn’t wanna read) and I enjoyed that movie better then Red Cliff. Maybe because of the shorter runtime but I liked the tighter nit story , and cast of characters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But they have such bad tunnel vision they can't read and see the action on the screen or something @Xbob42 said.

I play and watch almost everything with subtitles because my hearing isn't great (and whisper acting over loud music is apparently a fad). That said, if you think scenes aren't lessened as you flick your eyes down literally every new sentence you're nuts. 

Does it make it unwatchable? Obviously not, but it absolutely makes it worse. I love it when I'm both in an environment quiet enough with audio mixing that makes dialog more audible to me, because then I can actually fully focus on the visuals of an extremely visual medium. 

13 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I play and watch almost everything with subtitles because my hearing isn't great (and whisper acting over loud music is apparently a fad). That said, if you think scenes aren't lessened as you flick your eyes down literally every new sentence you're nuts. 

Does it make it unwatchable? Obviously not, but it absolutely makes it worse. I love it when I'm both in an environment quiet enough with audio mixing that makes dialog more audible to me, because then I can actually fully focus on the visuals of an extremely visual medium. 

Do you like those stupid stylized subtitles you see in marvel movies that pop out of the character and stuff?

The more important DC release on HBO Max in the past 24 hours was/is Superman TAS. It’s release means that ALL of the Timm-verse DCAU is now available on HBO Max: Batman TAS/TNABR, Superman TAS, Justice League, JLU, Batman Beyond, AND all of the canonical movies (Mask of the Phantasm, Sub-Zero, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Return of the Joker). Watch all of this instead of that 4-hour garbage JL movie. You’re welcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1