~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Releasing the transcript (if it happens) means nothing if they are still blocking the whistleblower's complaint from going to Congress. The complaint was based on more than just the one phone call from what I understand. 

Supposedly the whole thing, plus the IG report, will be released. Not sure if us plebs will get to see it, but it should be released.

If a career Intel officer thinks Trump is a national security threat, it needs to be public knowledge, now that whatever Pelosi has agreed to doing is happening.

I wonder how much more could have been uncovered if Dems had played hardball from the start.

Good to see the vote to release the content of the transcript was unanimous.

Tbh, I can see ways this could backfire politically for the Dems in the long run, but it’s probably the right call ethically given what we know.

Generally, I still think impeachment should be a last resort and used only in truly egregious cases of evidence of possible misconduct.  It shouldn’t be used to settle political scores—that’s what the ballot box is for.  But this is one of those egregious cases.  If the transcripts reveal no conclusive evidence of quid-pro-quo/bribery/etc., IMO Trump could have avoided this (given Pelosi’s reluctance) by just releasing them immediately.  So long as he refuses to do so, extracting them through impeachment (or the threat of impeachment via an inquiry) is really the only option—making this a defensible course of action.

8 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Why hasn’t more emphasis been placed on Trump not delivering the whistleblower report to Congress as required by Federal law? I want to see the report, not the “transcript”. 

2 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Yeah, ideally we ought to seeing both.

Supposedly we are. They announced that they are releasing the whistleblower report to congress tomorrow. Probably forced to by that unanimous Senate vote.

2 hours ago, nublood said:

Dumb is manufacturing false enthusiasm for an impeachment that’s never gonna happen. It’s sad because collectively you guys know he won’t get impeached. But you’ll continue to insult me and circle jerk each other because that’s the extent of your tolerance around here. Did Reagan get impeached? How bout Bush Sr or Jr? How many sitting republican presidents have the dems tried and failed to impeach? Since you all share in that mentality, why don’t someone run to SFLU and have me banned so you never have to see my difference of opinion ever again. 

And I don’t watch Fox News, nor did I vote for Trump btw. 

I actually agree he won't be impeached. But that's not really the point.

The GOP message machine has already successfully created the idea that sans an explicitly quid-pro-quo there is nothing there. I think the GOP senators know that such a thing doesn’t exist in the transcript or report and will immediately claim this is another witch hunt.

Who knows if that gambit will work, but I won’t be surprised if it does.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The GOP message machine has already successfully created the idea that sans an explicitly quid-pro-quo there is nothing there. I think the GOP senators know that such a thing doesn’t exist in the transcript or report and will immediately claim this is another witch hunt.

Who knows if that gambit will work, but I won’t be surprised if it does.

It will.

Sure, removing him from office would be nice, and well-deserved since the only thing Trump seems to have interest in is looting the country for his own financial benefit. We all know Republicans won't vote to convict. But holding public hearings and trials will be very important and beneficial. Show the administration's crime. Get them on record. Get testimony on record. And force Republicans to vote on it. That's what we are going for.