Trump Administration Reverses Standards For Energy-Efficient Lightbulbs to Own The Libs

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/04/757623821/trump-administration-reverses-standards-for-energy-efficient-light-bulbs

The Trump administration is rolling back requirements for new, energy-efficient lightbulbs. The Energy Department announced the move on Wednesday, withdrawing standards that were to be put in place to make commonly used bulbs more efficient.

The new standards were included in energy legislation implemented under President George W. Bush and finalized under the Obama administration. They were set to go into effect in January 2020 and gradually phase out incandescent and halogen bulbs. This includes the everyday pear-shaped bulbs as well as bulbs used for items such as bathroom vanities, recessed lighting and candle-shape lights, to be replaced with energy-efficient, LED versions, which are illuminated by light-emitting diodes.

In its announcement of the rollback, the Energy Department says the new lightbulb standards were established in 2017 "in a manner that is not consistent with the best reading of the statute."

Last March, NPR's Jeff Brady reported, "Thanks to a 2007 law signed by President George W. Bush, shelves these days are largely stocked with LED bulbs that look more like the traditional pear-shape incandescent version but use just one-fifth the energy. A second wave of lightbulb changes was set to happen. But now the Trump administration wants to undo an Obama-era regulation designed to make a wide array of specialty lightbulbs more energy-efficient."

This is nothing but red meat for his base. Companies have other standards to meet than federal standards, only a few idiots will take "advantage" of this option. Most companies have multi year plans that will not allow them to just jump ship back to these rolled back standards. 

Do you guys not get a few times a year where they encourage the switch to LED bulbs via coupons in store? We must get it 2-3 times a year where various Canadian stores like Home Depot, Lowe’s, Canadian Tire, Walmart do a big push to LED via coupon. I believe it’s the Canadian government or Ontario government that push the coupons in-store that will bring down a typical House LED bulb to like a buck or 2. Been all LED in my household now for like 3 years or more years now (minus the one in my projector)

13 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Do you guys not get a few times a year where they encourage the switch to LED bulbs via coupons in store? We must get it 2-3 times a year where various Canadian stores like Home Depot, Lowe’s, Canadian Tire, Walmart do a big push to LED via coupon. I believe it’s the Canadian government or Ontario government that push the coupons in-store that will bring down a typical House LED bulb to like a buck or 2. Been all LED in my household now for like 3 years or more years now (minus the one in my projector)

No man this is America and they don't push that commie bs on people. At least not in AZ. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

This is nothing but red meat for his base. Companies have other standards to meet than federal standards, only a few idiots will take "advantage" of this option. Most companies have multi year plans that will not allow them to just jump ship back to these rolled back standards. 

Red meat, you say? https://www.huffpost.com/entry/laura-ingraham-tries-to-drink-light-bulb-steak-to-trigger-liberals_n_5d73c962e4b0fde50c2740cd?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=main_fb&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&utm_medium=facebook&section=politics&fbclid=IwAR0GArAw4RXmoCEvFkqVMNYVpWfXaOx9f3cMMC9kuN1ZdH8cA9aADk0s96o

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We actually have some incandescents left. They were in the house when we bought it and we kept them all for the game room lights because they dim really well, unlike the LED bulbs we've tried. 

The rest of the house is all LED, though. 

You need to change the dimmer switches, older dimmer switches don't reduce the power to LED bulbs enough for them to dim properly.

If you haven't converted to LEDs you really should. When we did reno on our condo we had all lighting fixtures covered to LEDs and our monthly electricity cost is way below what I know some others pay with much smaller places.  You don't even need high end bulbs, just some simple generic versions from home depot. 

9 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Make he must has watched Laura Ingraham sip her steak filled with light bulbs and plastic straws to own the libs cry and decided to have one himself. 

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

jesus I thought @Littleronin was kidding

41 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

The electric company sent me a box of like 6 LED bulbs free a few months ago.  I already converted to all LED when I moved in here 4 years ago and only one went out since then so I probably have enough spare bulbs to last a decade.

When I lived in NC, Duke energy sent me some CFLs for free. Half didn't work, the other half died within a year. Whomp whomp