Trump Administration Reverses Standards For Energy-Efficient Lightbulbs to Own The Libs

38 minutes ago, silentbob said:

They have been banned/discontinued in Canada since the beginning of 2014 My mom didn’t like the CFL bulbs because they are apparently high in mercury, or at least way back then. I still see Edison bulbs being sold but I guess they are some sort of LED as well

Remember the @ohioguy24 freak out over the CFL bulbs?

16 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We actually have some incandescents left. They were in the house when we bought it and we kept them all for the game room lights because they dim really well, unlike the LED bulbs we've tried. 

The rest of the house is all LED, though. 

Swap the dimmers for ones compatible with LEDs or get a bunch of Philips Hue. Then you can do thing like set up shortcuts / commands so you can say “Hey Siri, we fuckin’” and she’ll dim all the lights. 

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Your dad is correct, my friend. LED is great.

He just re-did his house to be more energy efficient because he was up to $400 electric bills in the summer. So new roof, new AC, new insulation, and all LED lights and knocked his energy bill in half. First time I heard any mention of LED lights, makes sense I guess though since they are all the rage in new cars. 

LED lights are the best. Also, if you live somewhere that loses power often I'm the summer or winter and a generator isn't an option for you, you can get those great LED bulbs with built in batteries. They're crazy cheap on Amazon. My entire basement is full of them. If the power goes out here, I'll have like three hours of light down there, which is more than enough time to muck around with the generator.