Dayton Active Shooter

Dude, in the post I responded to, you asked if he was an incel, lower case i, meaning you wanted to know if he was an involuntary celibate, not part of the Incel movement. You have since started capitalizing the I in incel. That is fine. Just move on

10 minutes ago, Jose said:

Dude, in the post I responded to, you asked if he was an incel, lower case i, meaning you wanted to know if he was an involuntary celibate, not part of the Incel movement. You have since started capitalizing the I in incel. That is fine. Just move on

I didn't know there was a difference in definition based on capitalization. I've never heard the term used outside of "the movement" so when I'm using the term, I'm ALWAYS referring to the self identified members of "the movement". Had you simply asked me to clarfiy, we could have been over this pages ago as I thought it was clear that I was talking about the Incel movement. Seems like a distinction without a difference to me.  And you STILL haven't answered the question.

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

For fuck's sake, Neil... 

I genuinely like this guy because he's interesting to hear from when it comes to science, and Cosmos is a great show, but holy fuck is he tone deaf and stupid with this. Between this and the sexual assault allegations, it's clear he lacks social awareness. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I didn't know there was a difference between cases. I've never heard the term used outside of "the movement" so when I'm using the term, I'm ALWAYS referring to the self identified members of "the movement". Had you simply asked me to clarfiy, we could have been over this pages ago as I thought it was clear that I was talking about the Incel movement. 

I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone here can agree that bullying people is bad. I wasn't aware lower-case incels were a group that needed protection or there was any distinction between them. It's a revolting movement that deserves ridicule. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone here can agree that bullying people is bad. I wasn't aware lower-case incels were a group that needed protection or there was any distinction between them. It's a revolting movement that deserves ridicule. 

Yes I didn't know there was a difference between lower cased incels and upper cased Incels and this is the first time in this thread that such a distinction has been mentioned. That's ok because now the confusion is cleared up. What i want to know if incels, lower or uppercased, are supposed to be regarded as a separate group akin to the LGBTQ community because that's what is being implied. If so, I didn't get the memo.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes I didn't know there was a difference between lower cased incels and upper cased Incels and this is the first time in this thread that such a distinction has been mentioned. That's ok because now the confusion is cleared up. What i want to know if incels, lower or uppercased, are supposed to be regarded as a separate group akin to the LGBTQ community because that's what is being implied. If so, I didn't get the memo.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who refers to themselves as an incel these days is part of "the movement." I've never heard of it referring to anything other than the violent, sexist movement that spurs men to commit these awful crimes. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm pretty sure that anyone who refers to themselves as an incel these days is part of "the movement." I've never heard of it referring to anything other than the violent, sexist movement that spurs men to commit these awful crimes. 

The problem with the whole incel identity is that it reinforces the notion that men are entitled to sex which is just wrong. No one is entitled to sex with another person and getting angry about it to the point of lashing out is not healthy or normal. 

27 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, no one would doubt if you were an incel if that were the case

:dab2:

You sure told me... I bow my head in shame at your superior wit and cunning :cheers:

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think this is one of those rare occasions where Shapiro’s experience being the target of racial/ethnic bigotry from right wing sources forces him to reckon with what is going on here. Normally he seems to be just as dismissive of racism in the mainstream right as Knowles is here.

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If the debates weren't proof enough to me that Joe needs to sit his ass down this is. He's past his prime and it's time to let it go.

I’ve been under the impression he started out of obligation. People probably told him he was the only one that could beat Donald. But somewhere along the way he told himself he wanted it, when it is not true. Or since he is still the front runner he can’t just back out. 

Even if he doesn’t want it he needs somebody to get ahead of him in the polls. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’ve been under the impression he started out of obligation. People probably told him he was the only one that could beat Donald. But somewhere along the way he told himself he wanted it, when it is not true. Or since he is still the front runner he can’t just back out. 

Even if he doesn’t want it he needs somebody to get ahead of him in the polls. 

I don't disagree with this assessment. His heart just doesn't seem into it to be honest.