Dayton Active Shooter

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Nowadays that's true too... call a racist who does and says racist things a racist and YOU are the racist somehow,.

Oh, been there done that. I know people who think the term has been watered down because you can't say racist things without being labeled a racist these days. Go figure.

Also, it's not uncommon for these young, white, male mass shooters to be incels. It's becoming quite the trend. I mean, it kinda happens when you're violently outraged that women won't give you the sex that you deserve. It's not a big leap.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, been there done that. I know people who think the term has been watered down because you can't say racist things without being labeled a racist these days. Go figure.

Also, it's not uncommon for these young, white, male mass shooters to be incels. It's becoming quite the trend. I mean, it kinda happens when you're violently outraged that women won't give you the sex that you deserve. It's not a big leap.

Dear god I was just typing something similar. This is an interesting hill to die on given the past motivations of young white mass shooters.

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Nowadays that's true too... call a racist who does and says racist things a racist and YOU are the racist somehow,.

No one is saying you can't call the kid an incel now that we know he is. But asking it because he is young and white? Yeah no.

5 minutes ago, Jose said:

Still not productive to throw the label on the kid without even knowing all the facts. 

I don't think that is how you should have said that. Like, with how people are on D1P, calling the 24 year old terrorist a "kid" isn't going to be received well and anything you have to say will be laughed at. 

Turns out the kid was massively bullied, too. Obviously that does not absolve him of his heinous crimes, but we can see what caused him to go over the edge.

Gun reform ain't happening any time soon, so maybe we can look to other ways that might help prevent a future atrocity? 

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This particular asshole (incel status tbd) went to the same high school as one of my best friends, but ten years after they graduated. They didn't know the family of this dude, but still being only two degrees separated from it is unnerving. 

Mohammed Atta and I lived a mile apart he he was in South Florida.

I totally win any competition of this sort! :dab2:

38 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We shouldn't use the term racist, either. Might trigger those people into violence. 

Holy fucking shit, someone on Facebook today replied to a comment of mine saying that “you drive people like us to extremes by calling us racists” and he wasn’t being sarcastic.

• Guillotine 1

Just now, MarSolo said:

Holy fucking shit, someone on Facebook today replied to a comment of mine saying that “you drive people like us to extremes by calling us racists” and he wasn’t being sarcastic.

"I'm a racist and want an excuse for it." 

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

Turns out the kid was massively bullied, too. Obviously that does not absolve him of his heinous crimes, but we can see what caused him to go over the edge.

Gun reform ain't happening any time soon, so maybe we can look to other ways that might help prevent a future atrocity? 

Shooting every bullied kid before their old enough to go to high school? 

May as well. 

3 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

You drive us to hate by calling out our hatred. Unfortunately this is not an uncommon sentiment.