Top Gun: Maverick | 96% Rotten Tomatoes

After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him. When he finds himself training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick encounters Lt. Bradley Bradshaw (Miles Teller), call sign: “Rooster,” the son of Maverick’s late friend and Radar Intercept Officer Lt. Nick Bradshaw, aka “Goose.”

Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Top Gun: Maverick Trailer and Discussion Thread - update: New Official Trailer
3 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Don't worry. It will definitely be delayed. We'll get Top Gun 3 before we get Top Gun 2.

Fuck that! I want a new Hot Shots movie and what the hell, let’s bring back Charlie Sheen too

I gotta come clean and admit that I haven’t even seen the first movie yet. I do have my 3D blu-ray copy to view but no system to listen to it properly on. The day my receiver crapped out on me, I was in the process of watching my 3D copy with my cousin. New movie looks great and can’t wait to see it in Atmos and hell D-Box would be fucking insane. 

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I will die on the hill that Tron Legacy is a GREAT film

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

. . . . with the an amazing soundtrack as well. 

Jared Leto let slip that a third movie is close to being announced.  Plus I would also like to state that the Tron: Uprising series was also very underrated 

All of this. Watching Tron Legacy is an experience, and my brothers and I enjoy it every time. The mixture of the soundtrack with the visuals alone is mesmerizing.

They keep talking about a third film, it's been close to happening twice, I'd need Kosinski and Daft Punk back, and it's weird Jared Leto would replace Cillian Murphy but I'll take what I can get.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 8:25 PM, silentbob said:

. . . . with the an amazing soundtrack as well. 

The fact that it wasn't even nominated for Best Original Soundtrack at the Oscars just shows you how out of touch the Academy was/is.

15 minutes ago, Brick said:

The fact that it wasn't even nominated for Best Original Soundtrack as the Oscars just shows you how out of touch the Academy was/is.

I cannot Up Vote that statement enough. The way the kept the classic strings in the real world and more synth/techno Daft Punk sound that just fits the world so perfectly. Love how you still have just that small bit of violin for 2 humans in a computer built world. Then swaps that musical sound over when the 2 return to the real world. If the 3rd is happening, I hope they settle whatever broke them apart or have at least one of them take the reigns and compose 

9 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

GREAT might be a bit much, but I definitely enjoyed it, of course I also loved the original so .... I'm still holding out hope for another 

Visual;ly it's decent but that Daft Punk score does so much of the heavy lifting for that movie. Story was complete and utter nonsense though.

On 4/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, EternallDarkness said:

GREAT might be a bit much, but I definitely enjoyed it, of course I also loved the original so .... I'm still holding out hope for another 

GREAT!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
RT_TwitterCard_2018.jpg
WWW.ROTTENTOMATOES.COM

After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him. When he finds himself training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick encounters Lt...

96% after 75 reviews. Apparently it's very good!

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Top Gun: Maverick | 96% Rotten Tomatoes
1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:
RT_TwitterCard_2018.jpg
WWW.ROTTENTOMATOES.COM

After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him. When he finds himself training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick encounters Lt...

96% after 75 reviews. Apparently it's very good!

I've seen multiple stories praising Cruise, even saying Academy worthy performance