~* First Blue Blood, Part II - Official DNC Debate Thread *~

36 minutes ago, Jose said:

You have to really like that Harris went right for Trump the entire debate. Really the only candidate who did that.

She's going to get visibly shaken the first time Trump insults her.  Yes, it's good that she showed some emotion when going back and forth with Biden last night, but some people will take that as weakness. Trump is going to capitalize on that apparent weakness. 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

She's going to get visibly shaken the first time Trump insults her.  Yes, it's good that she showed some emotion when going back and forth with Biden last night, but some people will take that as weakness. Trump is going to capitalize on that apparent weakness. 

Why would you assume that a lifetime prosecutor would get visibly shaken by Trump giving her a stupid nickname? I mean I know why you would think that, but still kinda wanna hear you say it.

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

He'll call her hair brained Harris and then run out of material. He goes into her looks or something like "she's bleeding from her eyes from her whatever" and it will help her. Same will go for any candidate. 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He'll call her hair brained Harris and then run out of material. He goes into her looks or something like "she's bleeding from her eyes from her whatever" and it will help her. Same will go for any candidate. 

Kameleon Kamala. Probably not smart enough for that one.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Quick, post “hair brained Harris” on twitter so that when trump 100% will call her exactly that, you can take credit.

9 minutes ago, Jose said:

Why would you assume that a lifetime prosecutor would get visibly shaken by Trump giving her a stupid nickname? I mean I know why you would think that, but still kinda wanna hear you say it.

A lifetime prosecutor would get visibly shaken by Trump giving her a stupid nickname.  There, I said it!

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

She's black so he's treading on thin ice if he tries to get too creative with the name.

Not that would matter.

He slid in the polls after all three debates were over, tho. And after going after the Khans and the Mexican judge.

It all matters. The problem is Hillary had a rough September after disappearing in August and went down in the polls as well, along with Comey's letter in late October.

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

He slid in the polls after all three debates were over, tho. And after going after the Khans and the Mexican judge.

It all matters. The problem is Hillary had a rough September after disappearing in August and went down in the polls as well, along with Comey's letter in late October.

He's the president and untouchable so that's why I'm saying it doesn't matter.

I mean it matters to real people but his party will protect him, the media will forget about it, etc. Just like anything he says.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He's the president and untouchable so that's why I'm saying it doesn't matter.

I mean it matters to real people but his party will protect him, the media will forget about it, etc. Just like anything he says.

Oh, yeah, 100% on that. It was, er, "funny" to see Republicans who ditched him return to him after the Comey letter and the quickly tightening polls.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosiegray/tulsi-gabbard-maga-debate

Mike Cernovich, the “new right” social media personality, tweeted Wednesday night about the increase in Google searches for Gabbard, writing, “Tulsi Gabbard was breakthrough star of the night.”

“It’s hard to explain but she has a good energy, a certain dignity to her that’s absent in the rest of the field,” Cernovich said in an interview Thursday. He said he found her views on foreign policy appealing, and said he knew many who felt even more warmly toward her. “I think a lot of people would vote for her over Trump,” he said. “MAGA people.” Despite this, Cernovich said Gabbard hadn’t done any outreach to his cohort.

“I’m sure it’s a tricky predicament for her,” he said.

Right-wing commentator Ann Coulter, who tweeted “Go Tulsi!” after Gabbard tussled with Ryan over Afghanistan onstage during the debate, said she watched the debate with a liberal and a moderate on Wednesday and all three preferred Gabbard over the rest of the field. “It’s really astounding that Tulsi is the only Democrat running frontally and unambiguously as anti-war,” Coulter wrote in an email, calling the Democrats “as relentless a war party as the Republicans at their worst. Only more feckless.” Asked if she would consider voting for Gabbard either during the Democratic primary or even in the general election against President Trump if she won the nomination, Coulter replied “possibly both.”

Coulter praising someone for being anti-war is lolololol considering her support for Bush in the 2000s.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sure he's presidential, if we were living in times that didn't require all of society to start massively changing this decade.

He seems cool, but what are his plans for climate change and universal healthcare and student debt?

Carbon tax and dividend for climate change.  It's going to be the easiest solution to implement and is going to be least (negatively) impactful plan for the poor and middle class. 

Universal healthcare:  Public option, followed sometime in the future by single payer.

Poor and middle class receive free or subsidized tuition. Rich pay full price. I'm not sure what his idea was for student debt though.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sure he's presidential, if we were living in times that didn't require all of society to start massively changing this decade.

He seems cool, but what are his plans for climate change and universal healthcare and student debt?

According to the video replays I just watched:

Climate change- He said a carbon tax and a progressive dividend that benefits the lower and middle class. This is the answer I look for from a politician since this is what economists say would have the best results in the most efficient way possible. Obviously more needs to be done, but there isn't a better answer for the start of the solution.

Universal healthcare- I didn't see any video on that. My guess is he favors a public option and more subsides for the poor and middle class.

Student debt- He said he wants to make it free for the lower and middle class, but not rich families.  He also wants to make it okay for non college graduates to be able to afford living expenses. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/democratic-debate-poll/

Castro got a massive bump in favorability rating. Can't wait to see some new polls next week.

it should be noted this poll only takes into account the first day of the debates, I would expect Biden's numbers to drop even more.

To track which candidates are winning over voters, we asked respondents who they would vote for before and after each debate. That lets us measure not only who gained (or lost) support, but also where that support came from (or went to). And after night one, Warren was the big winner, jumping from 12 percent to 18 percent support. Some of those new supporters were switching to her camp after saying they would vote for a candidate who wasn’t on the stage Wednesday, however, so we could see these numbers change again after night two.

Catching up on some of the exchanges and wowowow Biden has a bad night and Harris may very well have pushed herself back into a position to be relevant in February.

3 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

She’s the only candidate he hasn’t gone out of his way to attack.

He’s scared of her.