~* First Blue Blood, Part II - Official DNC Debate Thread *~

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Going by the graph of only favorable category, Biden is the only one who's favorable people favored him less.

That's all I'm saying. You can stick your net ratios up your patootie!

That's like literally the worst take ever. Felicidades!

I kinda feel bad for Gillibrand. I even want to like her and there's nothing I could say that's outwardly wrong about her or her campaign but it's just not happening.

Same is basically true for Castro but I do like him a little more after the debates. He got hung up a little too much on specific sections of code and trying to say he got there first for me though.

I’m not surprised Biden dropped so much. He was the most “known” candidate in the group. Those candidates that were prepared got a much needed spot light on them during the debate, and now are more known by the electorate. Compared to Biden, Warren and Harris are more contemporary, and their views and policies resonate more with where the Democrat electorate is. 

Honestly, considering the second debate has the larger personalities, I’m surprised with her performance Harris isn’t polling higher. Castro should have done better in his group. Warren did exactly what she needed to do. 

Beto should instead be running for Cornin’s Senate seat. If he tries after bowing out later in this Presidental run he’ll fuck Democrats. 

37 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

That was necessary in order for him to draw a sharp distinction on that issue between himself and the Bobby Frankie-Come-Lately.

I frankly loved that. Not sure how much effect it had on the average voter, but he really set himself apart on that for me.

11 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

That was necessary in order for him to draw a sharp distinction on that issue between himself and the Bobby Frankie-Come-Lately.

Theoretically fine but reminds me of that old Emo Philips joke:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Like, maybe those technical details are important but most don't know it well enough to even understand the distinction, much less form an opinion.

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

Theoretically fine but reminds me of that old Emo Philips joke:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Like, maybe those technical details are important but most don't know it well enough to even understand the distinction, much less form an opinion.

It was not a distinction without a different in the least bit. You dont repeal Section 1325 and the next Republican president will abuse it as Trump has.

12 minutes ago, Jose said:

It was not a distinction without a different in the least bit. You dont repeal Section 1325 and the next Republican president will abuse it as Trump has.

I’m not saying it wasn’t, I’m saying that’s how it comes across because most people aren’t that familiar. He should have plainly stated his values rather than trying to shortcut with a number is what I’m saying.