~* First Blue Blood, Part II - Official DNC Debate Thread *~

The second debate is tonight (27 June) at 9PM EDT. It is being hosted by NBC. You can watch it on NBC or stream it via YouTube on the official NBC stream here.

Onstage tonight will be:

Michael Bennet - Former Senator of Colorado

Joe Biden - Former Vice President and current #metoo ticking time bomb

Pete Buttigieg - Mayor of South Bend, Indiana

Hillary Clinton Jr. - Current Senator of New York

Kamala Harris - Current Senator of California and former incarcerator of minorities

John Hickenlooper - Former governor of Colorado

Bernie Sanders - Relatively unknown current Senator of Vermont

Lol why? - Current U.S. Rep, California

Vapid Uselessness - No useful experience whatsoever

Andrew Yang - Currently hates robots but likes math

Candidates will be allowed 60 second responses to direct questions and 30 second rebuttals.

The first debate was held on 26 June and can be streamed on NBC's YouTube channel here.

The participants were:

Cory Booker - Current Senator of New Jersey

Julián Castro - Former HUD Secretary

Bill something - Mayor of some city on the east coast or something. Not sure if he's a figment of my imagination or if he actually exists.

John Delaney - Former U.S. Rep, Maryland

Tulsi Gabbard - Current U.S. Rep, Hawaii

Jay Inslee - Governor of Washington state

Amy Klubsherstaff - Senator from Minnesota

Beto O'Rourke - Former U.S. Rep, Texas and current loser-to-the-most-reviled-man-in-politics

Tim "my seat is going to the GOP in 2020 so why not" Ryan - Current U.S. Rep - Ohio

Elizabeth Warren - Current Senator of Massachusetts

• Haha 4

Just now, johnny said:

This should have been a 10 person cut off with 5 each night 

Then you have people bitching about how the DNC is picking favorites again.

While it's not a perfect process I think it's about as good as you can get with a messy situation. It's a year and a half until the election and, what, about 6 months before the first vote is cast in Iowa. Now is the time to give the long shots a chance to make a move. 

From the sound of things the upcoming debates will make the requirements harder and start widdling down the field as we get closer to the primaries which seems fair to me.

Just now, Chairslinger said:

Then you have people bitching about how the DNC is picking favorites again.

While it's not a perfect process I think it's about as good as you can get with a messy situation. It's a year and a half until the election and, what, about 6 months before the first vote is cast in Iowa. Now is the time to give the long shots a chance to make a move. 

From the sound of things the upcoming debates will make the requirements harder and start widdling down the field as we get closer to the primaries which seems fair to me.

Then make it 3 or 4 nights instead of 2

Yang’s going to clean up come the 27th, because winning these debates is all about having the most nuanced, innovative and sensible policies.

Plus he’s Asian and everyone knows they’re the only ethnic group who can pull votes from the moderate white supremacist voting bloc and retain the minority vote at the same time.

Plus he’s a character in final fantasy 4 and that game is dope.

1 minute ago, elbobo said:

there is going to be some major justifiable complaints about equal talk time when this is done

There’s too fucking many people out there! The big dogs out there with a large group is always going to fuck over the others. If warren or Beto were in groups of 5 people it’d be so much easier