~* First Blue Blood, Part II - Official DNC Debate Thread *~

15 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

I'll probably get killed for this, but I thought he looked a little short (and kind of slick) too. It's sad that this stuff matters, but how a person looks has mattered since at least the 1960 election. It shouldn't matter, but it does. The shortest president of the TV age was Jimmy Carter at 5'9 and a half. 

Kind of slick?

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Kind of slick?

Yes, like a politician. I know some City Councilmembers where I live and some of them look "slick" I think our Mayor Kevin Faulconer, looks slick. Donald Trump looks slick, Rahm Emanuel, Ted Cruz, Bill Clinton was tagged with the moniker. 

I get that vibe from Castro. 

You've heard the term "slick" associated with politicians before, right?  

2 hours ago, Jose said:

He's not even short lol. I just enjoy making you look dumb.

You’re trying to make it racial when it isn’t. He just looked short at the debate. And it doesn’t even matter because even if he was 6’4 he still isn’t winning.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

As much as it pains me, I really gotta give Dodger the benefit of the doubt here. I don't think he was making it a racial thing.

Some people just gotta take the extra mile on their own accord. smh. 

I'm 50/50 on whether he was making an honest comment or just trolling, but I also don't think he was being racist with that one. I've seen him just unironically spew racist shit before and that's not what this was. 

Just now, Jason said:

I'm 50/50 on whether he was making an honest comment or just trolling, but I also don't think he was being racist with that one. I've seen him just unironically spew racist shit before and that's not what this was. 

Yep. I ain't gonna say he wasn't being a dolt, but it wasn't racial. :p 

Castro isn't winning. Period. 

I have to imagine Booker's wishing he was on that stage with Biden because he was "feuding" with Biden prior to the debate yet has seen little movement. He continues to go after Biden.

Spoiler

Booker blasted comments made by Biden on Friday in defense of his record on race and civil rights, where the former vice president said in a speech, “We’ve got to recognize that kid wearing a hoodie may very well be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger.”

Biden made the remark during a speech a day after engaging in a tense exchange with Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) over racial school busing at the Democratic primary debate on Thursday.

“Ladies and gentlemen, there are too many black men, and I might add women, in prison,” Biden added in Chicago.

But Booker took issue with Biden’s remarks.

“This isn’t about a hoodie. It’s about a culture that sees a problem with a kid wearing a hoodie in the first place,” Booker tweeted Friday.

On Sunday, he elaborated.

"Again, as a guy growing up as a young black guy in America, who was followed and surveilled, faced that indignity and even the danger of that, being perceived to be a threat, again, this is just another example of just conversations or lessons that Joe Biden shouldn’t have to learn,” Booker said.

Biden did drop but the change is well within an reasonable margin of error and still puts him near the top of the list in favorability. He really didn't hurt himself that much it is just that the nationwide audience actually got to see some of these people for potentially the first time. As time goes on he will be increasingly unable to rely on his name recognition.

5 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Biden did drop but the change is well within an reasonable margin of error and still puts him near the top of the list in favorability. He really didn't hurt himself that much it is just that the nationwide audience actually got to see some of these people for potentially the first time. As time goes on he will be increasingly unable to rely on his name recognition.

It's definitely hardest for him being a known quality, but also notice that his unfavorability increased a few percentage points as well. As you said, the numbers aren't huge, but even Sanders did a better job holding steady after a generic performance.

It's not a death knell by any stretch (Democrats are clearly overall comfortable with him and like him), but it definitely wasn't a good night for him considering the "likely to vote for" numbers.