The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

On 8/31/2019 at 4:30 PM, Jose said:

Americans have this bizarre home invasion anxiety that I never understood.

This was years ago now, but I was literally at home with my brother when someone did break in. My dog didn't care and the guy just walked up to the door pounding on the glass to let him when the door wouldn't open and shattered the outer later with his fists, and then when we didn't open up he went to the back door and knocked the glass on that door loose. When he didn't get in via that door he circled the house until he saw the basement door and kicked it in and finally got in. When he got in it was clear it was just a drunk college kid. He thought he was trying to get into his frat house or so he drunkenly explained. Cops arrived a minute or two after he got in and arrested him. 

Really bizarre... 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

This was years ago now, but I was literally at home with my brother when someone did break in. My dog didn't care and the guy just walked up to the door pounding on the glass to let him when the door wouldn't open and shattered the outer later with his fists, and then when we didn't open up he went to the back door and knocked the glass on that door loose. When he didn't get in via that door he circled the house until he saw the basement door and kicked it in and finally got in. When he got in it was clear it was just a drunk college kid. He thought he was trying to get into his frat house or so he drunkenly explained. Cops arrived a minute or two after he got in and arrested him. 

Really bizarre... 

You should have shot him dead.

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Old section 5 requirements of the VRA should apply for every state/county/city in the US, not just those that had a history of discrimination

Indeed!

The Hollywood Reporter columnist and TV writer defends Walter Mosley’s decision to quit the 'Star Trek: Discovery' writers room after CBS admonished him for uttering the racial slur in the context of storytelling

TLDR: Black writer tells a story in the writers' room of a cop nonchalantly dropping the N-bomb in conversation, more-than-likely white coworker reports him to HR for not censoring himself, HR says it's unacceptable, writer quits

When Keeping It Woke Goes Wrong

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 5:17 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Wrestling with dreads is a no no

The ref who did this has been suspended for 2 years

A south Jersey referee who demanded a high school athlete chop off his dreadlocks in order to compete in a wrestling match has been barred from officiating sporting events for the next two years.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

We had some discussions on this board lately about how we have differences of opinion on how strongly we think the castle doctrine should be read. I am on the side that if someone breaks into your house, just about any use of force is reasonable.

That being said, this is fucking ridiculous. Where is the castle doctrine for this poor guy whose apartment actually got broken into? Fucking ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm afraid she's gonna walk and there's gonna be riots. This is fucking disgusting.

There's so much bad jurisprudence around making sure law enforcement (and government officials in general) can flagrantly break the law with impunity.

• Sad 1